@NinjaRider600 What is the difference between the three reinforcements mode (A for new spawing aircraft and B for reinforcements using parked aircraft, C for populating actively parker aircraft), can you please better explain?

2 hours ago, RommelBr said:

@NinjaRider600 What is the difference between the three reinforcements mode (A for new spawing aircraft and B for reinforcements using parked aircraft, C for populating actively parker aircraft), can you please better explain?

User manual will be more detailed about it, but summarily:

"A" will spawn airborne aircraft based on the number of tickets you set in the script. I made this script when I was in an Air Combat unit which needed HAL controlled enemy fighters or helicopters coming from outside of the map. You can use this for spawning support helicopter, CAS fighters, attack helicopters, etc. They spawn directly in the air so I usually keep them far from players for immersion purposes.

"B" will pick a parked empty aircraft that is synchronized to the trigger it is ran on and will place it on the helipad that is synchronized. When the aircraft is relocated on the pad, the crew will be added and the vehicle will be controlled by HAL. I created this script to have parked jets at an airfield spawn directly on the runway as reinforcements while being destructible in hangars or parking. This was, in the context of the unit I was in, used to give CAS objectives to our ground attack squadrons who would have to cripple airfields before they sent fighters against our forces. The main purpose of it is to allow one jet at a time to be deployed and to skip the taxi to runway process which was often terrible in populated airfields. It is really not an immersive mode for players nearby who can witness the process.

"C" will consider all parked synchronized empty aircraft, create their crew and make them all disembark and wait around at script start. It will then set one (or whatever you set as number) of the vehicles active which will make its crew embark it and will make the vehicle included under HAL control. This is the most immersive mode and has the purpose of having a large pool of parked aircraft at an airfield that will be available for use but not all at once.

Modes B and C consider if the parked waiting vehicles are damaged/out of fuel/stuck in order to know if they should still be used. Same goes for the active vehicle as it doesn't need to be completely destroyed to be replaced by a new active one.

All modes work on a loop which will continuously check if the active aircraft is doing good or if it needs replacement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

NR6 PACK 3.00 mod version development is back on and I should have a beta to release soon.

• Like 3

NR6 PACK 3.00 ADDON BETA RELEASED!

This contains HAL 1.22.9 RC6 and everything from the NR6 PACK 3.00 RC6 SCRIPT except for Sites Markers and ALICE_2 for which I am finishing the addon port.

The mod is not signed at this time and some modules need work (like a better way to set custom pools for reinforcements since the addon makes them uneditable in the script). Zones/front/ammo depot modules are somewhat broken atm and several settings miss descriptions but those will be added in future betas and everything will be complete on stable release.

To use the modules, basically add the HAL core module once for initialization and add a general settings module for customization.

Then place a Hal commander module, add simple objectives modules and sync these objectives with the HAL commander module.

The new system works in a very intuitive way. For every commander you are changing settings for, sync the settings module to the HAL commander module. Same goes for all leader linked modules as well as sites/reinforcements/spawn/air reinforcements. Just place the module, set the settings up in it and sync the module to the desired commander.

More details will be in the user manual when I finally complete it.

• Like 4

ADDON BETA 2 RELEASED.

I expect to have another beta ready that expands the use of group properties tot he spawn/reinforcements modules. Once that is released, a Steam Workshop release will be next.

• Like 2

Several bugs being addressed concerning Air Reinforcements so don't worry about errors linked to those modules.

19 minutes ago, john111 said:

"Introduction of Spawn mode reinforcements"-What is that?

Uses the code from reinforcements to spawn a one shot batch of troops. Its useful for spawning a randomized force at start from the faction you want.

Script and addon versions updated here to latest versions!

Sorry for the delay. I have been focusing on getting the workshop version constantly updated to advance the beta development.

Gonna update the changelog in a bit, I'm off to bed for now lol. In the meantime, check the workshop change notes for info on what's new.

• Like 2

Afternoon, 

Loving the addon mod, youve done such a great job transforming and modernising HETMAN.

I saw that you recently added the "RHQ modules"

Are you able to briefly explain how to set them up properly ? (ideally a demo mission like the cargo one you did before)

Many thanks 

5 hours ago, ksp95 said:

Are you able to briefly explain how to set them up properly ? (ideally a demo mission like the cargo one you did before)

steam workshop page has links to demo missions.

On 10/25/2019 at 9:45 AM, ksp95 said:

Afternoon, 

Loving the addon mod, youve done such a great job transforming and modernising HETMAN.

I saw that you recently added the "RHQ modules"

Many thanks 

To set them up, simply sync the module to a unit you want to register as a type defined by the module in question. The module will retrieve the class of the unit/vehicle and HAL will consider that object a certain type. For example, for a moded ammo truck, place down the ammo support RHQ module and sync it to that truck. Now all trucks of that class will be known to HAL for being ammo trucks. The synced unit can still be used during the mission as the module won't affect it. The RHQ modules can also be used in conjunction with the asset compiler as they will run before the asset compiler snatches the groups and deletes them.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 4:31 AM, NinjaRider600 said:

To set them up, simply sync the module to a unit you want to register as a type defined by the module in question. The module will retrieve the class of the unit/vehicle and HAL will consider that object a certain type. For example, for a moded ammo truck, place down the ammo support RHQ module and sync it to that truck. Now all trucks of that class will be known to HAL for being ammo trucks. The synced unit can still be used during the mission as the module won't affect it. The RHQ modules can also be used in conjunction with the asset compiler as they will run before the asset compiler snatches the groups and deletes them.

Hi Ninja 

Thanks for getting  back to me, 

what you said makes perfect sense, just another quick question

so if I sync the ammo truck to the ammo support module and that vehicle gets destroyed  but then replaced by another one through the reinforcements (asset compiled truck) will it then recognise that vehicle 

Or do i need to sync asset compiled vehicles to the same rhq module 

hope that made sense 😄 

5 hours ago, ksp95 said:

Hi Ninja 

Thanks for getting  back to me, 

what you said makes perfect sense, just another quick question

so if I sync the ammo truck to the ammo support module and that vehicle gets destroyed  but then replaced by another one through the reinforcements (asset compiled truck) will it then recognise that vehicle 

Or do i need to sync asset compiled vehicles to the same rhq module 

hope that made sense 😄 

The RHQ module registers the class of the object for the rest of the mission. So if the respawned truck is the same (same class), it will be known to HAL as an ammo truck.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NinjaRider600 said:

The RHQ module registers the class of the object for the rest of the mission. So if the respawned truck is the same (same class), it will be known to HAL as an ammo truck.

Ok excellent,

and I dont need to sync the module registers to a hal commander do I ?

5 hours ago, ksp95 said:

Ok excellent,

and I dont need to sync the module registers to a hal commander do I ?

Exactly, no need to sync it to anything else. It runs for the whole system.

2 hours ago, NinjaRider600 said:

Exactly, no need to sync it to anything else. It runs for the whole system.

awesome!

Got to say Im really liking the direction youre taking hetman, simple changes like transport for recon makes a lot of difference to the game.

The new arty auto rhq is working well with RHS artillery my only drama is the lack of other shells and limited magazines

Is there a way to manually "RydHQ_Add_OtherArty = [" in the game without having to play around with inits and scripts ?! 

Second is there a way through HAL to add infinite magazines to artillery ?

Many thanks 😄

On 11/3/2019 at 1:56 PM, ksp95 said:

awesome!

Got to say Im really liking the direction youre taking hetman, simple changes like transport for recon makes a lot of difference to the game.

The new arty auto rhq is working well with RHS artillery my only drama is the lack of other shells and limited magazines

Is there a way to manually "RydHQ_Add_OtherArty = [" in the game without having to play around with inits and scripts ?! 

Second is there a way through HAL to add infinite magazines to artillery ?

Many thanks 😄

Unfortunately at the moment, the only way to manually set ammo up for an arty piece is through the script array. 

As for infinite ammo, I usually use a "Fired" event handler to set ammo back to full on each shot. I use the following code placed in the artillery vehicle init box: 

this addEventHandler ["Fired", {(_this select 0) setVehicleAmmo 1}];

• Like 1

Any HWS ports with this version of Hetman other than the one on the workshop? Particularly for Livonia or other temperate terrains? If not, is it possible to de-pbo an existing scenario and replace the files (which ones?) and then re-pbo the scenario files and have it work properly? Thanks.

I just discovered this update of Hetman Artificial Leader and am I ever excited by it. The Steam download and installation was seamless. All I need now is to somehow learn all this new stuff. The manual and YT tutorials are much needed. But thanks for all the work. This is incredible. I love it.

On 12/2/2019 at 2:55 PM, cadmium77 said:

I just discovered this update of Hetman Artificial Leader and am I ever excited by it. The Steam download and installation was seamless. All I need now is to somehow learn all this new stuff. The manual and YT tutorials are much needed. But thanks for all the work. This is incredible. I love it.

Thanks! I'm still working on a better documentation but I often times run out of time to spend on it due to school and work. With the end of December vacation coming, I will have more time to spend on it with the hopes to be done by Christmas.

On 11/13/2019 at 3:22 AM, scimitar said:

Any HWS ports with this version of Hetman other than the one on the workshop? Particularly for Livonia or other temperate terrains? If not, is it possible to de-pbo an existing scenario and replace the files (which ones?) and then re-pbo the scenario files and have it work properly? Thanks.

It is possible to port the new NR6 HAL version into other maps for HWS. One of the methods includes de-pboing the current example I posted on the workshop and copy pasting everything into a new map format. I will look into a better way in the future though.

5 hours ago, NinjaRider600 said:

It is possible to port the new NR6 HAL version into other maps for HWS. One of the methods includes de-pboing the current example I posted on the workshop and copy pasting everything into a new map format. I will look into a better way in the future though.

Thanks for the response. Since posting that message, I've figured out how to port HWS scenarios to other maps following the instructions provided by Rydgier in the HWS thread. As long as the procedure is the same for the NR6 version it shouldn't be a problem to port that as well.