A range of mission samples is a really good way of teaching.... looking forward to it.

On 7/31/2019 at 6:18 PM, NinjaRider600 said:

As HAL 1.22.9 is soon gonna be released, it will be added to the new version of NR6 Pack. This new pack will contain all the new stuff I've been working on including the overhauled Cache, overhauled reinforcements, new air reinforcements modes, and a ALICE 2 port from Arma 2 OA that I have been working on to make it work in Arma 3.

The latter is the same civilians module that existed in OA but adapted to work in Arma 3. Unfortunately, I had to sacrifice the conversations between AI but it is still FSM based which should help with FPS.

Next version will be called NR6 PACK 3.00.

Sounds GREAT!!

NR6 PACK 3.00 RELEASE CANDIDATE 3 released! 

Currently the pack will be released as a "release candidate" as HAL is still under RC as well but the stability of the script is fairly solid. Once more testing is done and stability is confirmed, the RC nomenclature will be dropped.

Many more features are yet to be documented and I am working on finishing the user manual. Until then, I recommend checking out the new Altis Demo V1 to see how each script is used. Feel free to open the mission file up (especially init.sqf and preinit.sqf) to see how things are used.

PS: The preinit.sqf file is basically a script that runs before the mission file is loaded. Use this to add any arrays that you want to fill in later using pushback commands either in scripts or in the init of units in the editor.

• Like 1

@kremator

Just posted the new sample. It comes in two versions. One version in which each side tries to stick to their territory with possible escalation from enemies crossing each other and a second that has an all out conflict which has a few extra's for the player to enjoy actually playing the mission.

• Like 1

Unfortunately all altis missions are dependent on ACE ... cant use them sorry 😞

1 hour ago, kremator said:

I can change that If you want but CBA is still needed for the Sites. Additionally, Logistics, supports and tasking are best if used with ACE Interactions so not using it will add many actions to the player unit.

I will remove the dependency for mods in the sample in order for it to work for you. Make sure to disable RydHQ_ActionsAceOnly in the init.sqf so that regular actions show up.

Reuploaded the missions without mod dependencies. Dont forget to change RydHQ_ActionsAceOnly to false and you should be able to use all actions (currently non-ace actions only work outside of vehicles).

• Like 1

Thanks. Will give that a go later on. Having ACE as optional opens it up to more people. 

Still giving an error about ACE barrel or something .... I can get it to work on a client server (accepting the error) but not on dedi.  I did change the init.sqf file as well.

16 minutes ago, kremator said:

Still giving an error about ACE barrel or something .... I can get it to work on a client server (accepting the error) but not on dedi.  I did change the init.sqf file as well.

I believe it is due to the spare barrel ACE added in all vehicles for LMGs when I built the mission with ACE installed.

17 minutes ago, kremator said:

I'll try remaking the mission without any of it active

Also finishing RC4 that will improve a bit the task actions when ACE is not running.

Excellent ... thanks mate.  Sorry to be a PITA, but I've never touched ACE (not that milsim!)

3 minutes ago, kremator said:

Excellent ... thanks mate.  Sorry to be a PITA, but I've never touched ACE (not that milsim!)

No problem. As you said many people don't use it so I want to try to make this system as accessible to people as possible. Additionally, I might have something ready either tonight or tomorrow that will be even more interesting. I am currently building a menu that will simplify all task actions by tons and that will be completely independent from ACE.

Ready to test as soon as it is up mate ... dedi is waiting 🙂

The demos have been reuploaded and are now using the RC4. I have to run for work so I'll be posting the RC4 itself later tonight but the demos (both versions) are running the new task menu. It has not been tested on dedicated yet so possible issues there but the ACE side of things is resolved. 

• Like 2

Testing now mate !

EDIT:  Works perfectly on listen server and also on dedi !  Going to see about putting the number of troops up now !

Testing now mate !

EDIT:  Works perfectly on listen server and also on dedi !  Going to see about putting the number of troops up now !

Im glad to hear! Do keep in mind, however, that the new experimental cache only works on AI that is computed on a headless client or the server meaning that zeus placed units will only benefit from the regular caching.

Took your mission file and duplicated all spawning locations (and added a few more choopers each side).  It was quite a battle !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kremator said:

Took your mission file and duplicated all spawning locations (and added a few more choopers each side).  It was quite a battle !

I'm glad you like it! I did keep assets on the lower side on the demo for performance reasons but using the cache allows the creation of very interesting large battles. In any case, demo will be updated with RC5 soon. Lots of cool new stuff coming especially for players who like playing as supports.

• Like 1

I'd really be interested in seeing just how much we can push the engine with battle size.  Looking forward to the new version !

Sorry for the delays. Free time for Arma is becoming harder to find. I will be uploading RC5 today.

• Like 2

I really want to play this; I love Hetman Artificial Leader, especially with artillery. What a bag of amazing tricks it deleivers! I've downloaded it but there's no PBO nor any addons file to use to plug it in as a mod. I've been away for 3 years now and I can install all the other mods including HAL but not this one for some reason. Help please.

3 hours ago, cadmium77 said:

I really want to play this; I love Hetman Artificial Leader, especially with artillery. What a bag of amazing tricks it deleivers! I've downloaded it but there's no PBO nor any addons file to use to plug it in as a mod. I've been away for 3 years now and I can install all the other mods including HAL but not this one for some reason. Help please.

I think there's currently only the script version available.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cadmium77 said:

Currently the mod version is still under development. This is the script version meaning that you need to include these files inside the directory of your mission. In other words all of the files from the script should be right next to the mission.sqm. I recommend looking at the samples to see what the inside of the folder should look like after install.

• Like 1