Sign in to follow this  
Papageorge

Everyone will want one...

but then , the chassis should be weak , shouldn't it ?

The Best APC in OFP is without any doubt the Bradley. Its ability to fire 2 TOW missiles without reloading is enough to make it an APC with the most firepower. Too bad BIS didn't implement AP bullets for its chaingun (Bradley should be able to fire HE and AP rounds, just like the BMP2). Not to mention that BMP-1 should not fire Sabot rounds whatsoever, only HE-FRAG.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maraudeur @ Oct. 28 2002,17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes yes. This is necessary to reach the service speed of 20 knots without too much drag.

By now, hydropneumatic suspensions are even smaller and not heavier than classical torsions bars, springs and dampers.

And the hull volume is huge so you still have a great floatability reserve ( by near one third of the total mass if I remember correctly ).<span id='postcolor'>

i don't want to imagine what would happen if the aaav would jump on a mine ....

mechenic marmelade smile.gif no more suspension hehehe

Weak, weak....well yes but not so uch than many other light armoured vehicules.

I would be surpised if the hull could resist impacts from bullets bigger than 12.7X108 AP, but this is common limits for AFV..

14.5mm AP should be the minimum, plus reactive armour for light hollow charges. But.... except those of the AFV 90 who gave it stong armour and design for well integrated upgrades, none conceptor considered this as a necessity LOL.

Some can resist bigger projectiles as the AFV 90 A3s but lacks amphibious capabilitys or older design Bradleys A3s with added plates, greatly reducing mobility.

AAAV seems to be a great machine except the fact I really do not understand its utility.

I explain my thoughts : the concept is ancient, and by now where heavy machineguns and light rockets like RPG are widespreadly diffused, the research of a compromise beetween speed and protection is a mistake.

During amphibious operations, the speed will help but the thing will be a target of choice on the beach.

Even in peace recovery missions this may be unapropriate, imagine beaching by now in Beyrouth or Mogadiscio wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Excepts if naval artillery, choppers and spec foreces did the cleaning before, but then LCACs are better platforms for transport tounge.gif

This cannot be a combat vehicule, Checnya war learns that will remain two types : very heavily armoured vehicules, and very mobile infantry units using intensively artillery support, some cases even in urban direct fire ( or working alone with thermobaric weapons, acting like commandos. )

I do not know if there is links for the AAAV, I will search -- surely some exists --

try FAS for a first shoot

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Oct. 28 2002,17:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i don't want to imagine what would happen if the aaav would jump on a mine ....

mechenic marmelade smile.gif no more suspension hehehe<span id='postcolor'>

Ah yes And I forgot mines LOL, South africans and Russians APC are more prepared to that growing warfare !! smile.gif

Sure most APCs do not like mines at all !!!!

The whole vehicule should have major problems LOL

But hydropneumatics suspensions may be as strong than classical ones but heavy, or there is the choice to select a point where the system will broke in order to replce just one piece easily, example a part of the axle beetween the roadwheel and the suspension arm.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ Oct. 28 2002,17:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Best APC in OFP is without any doubt the Bradley.  Its ability to fire 2 TOW missiles without reloading is enough to make it an APC with the most firepower.  Too bad BIS didn't implement AP bullets for its chaingun (Bradley should be able to fire HE and AP rounds, just like the BMP2).  Not to mention that BMP-1 should not fire Sabot rounds whatsoever, only HE-FRAG.<span id='postcolor'>

Going OT a bit, I think in V1.0 you could see the Sagger missile on the top of the BMP1, now though its not there, i dont know why. Anyway I agree the BMP1 should not be able to fire Sabots. There was an updated M113 called the FMC AIFV or somet, it is better armoured and armed, i think it has a 25mm Oerlikon Cannon, an M240 MG and firing ports, it was meant to be a cheaper alternative to the Bradley.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 27 2002,02:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Oct. 27 2002,02:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some of the ugliest weapons have been some of the best(A-10)<span id='postcolor'>

(Margaret Thatcher)<span id='postcolor'>

HAHAHA! now you've had your laugh, don't ever mension his name again!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskiesrule @ Oct. 28 2002,18:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 27 2002,02:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Oct. 27 2002,02:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some of the ugliest weapons have been some of the best(A-10)<span id='postcolor'>

HAHAHA! now you've had your laugh, don't ever mension his name again!<span id='postcolor'>

who is she? and the fact that ruskie confused it with a men she must be ugly... very ugly...

you guy never heard of mrs Thatcher confused.gif??

first minister at the time of the falklands war ... she could have won the war single handely by being dropped directly in Argentinia along with 2 SAS

she's called the Iron Woman

smile.gif

and yes , she's ugly

http://www.margaretthatcher.com/

thatcher.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ Oct. 28 2002,17:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Best APC in OFP is without any doubt the Bradley.  Its ability to fire 2 TOW missiles without reloading is enough to make it an APC with the most firepower.  Too bad BIS didn't implement AP bullets for its chaingun (Bradley should be able to fire HE and AP rounds, just like the BMP2).  Not to mention that BMP-1 should not fire Sabot rounds whatsoever, only HE-FRAG.<span id='postcolor'>

I would have to agree with you except for the fact that BIS made it a royal pain in the ass to play commander on the bradley.

Without the ability to rotate the commanders view, it becomes next to impossible to assign targets to the gunner. Although it is realistic as far as the original Bradleys go, the more modern A2's and A3's have a separate rotating periscope for the commander.

It wouldnt be so bad if the gunner didnt always point the turret forward every time the bradley moves, maybe BIS could do some work on the bradley in a future patch??

the 1 bad thing about the triple av (aaav, get it triple av) is that its armor is made of alinium not Alumimanum. the same stuff that they used in the original bradley apc's and m113's. it burn's and emits extreamly toxic gases when its hit by enemy shells. so it would stink to be in there if your aaav was hit and you were just a passenger. sad.gif

@chaztheducky

Didn't you mean something like Aluminium alloys

Well, Al-Mg Alloy chips tend to ignite when hit by HEAT projektiles or hard-metal penetrators.

its not chemical symbol al, but i think its like ala-minium or something very close. and yes my statement was true as to two months ago but i have no idea now. i relly hope they change it. i hate to see it take forever to get rolling like the ospry (sory i cant spell). that would be the coolist thing in ofp. biggrin.gif  xmas.gif

o you were right sory i guess im ilirilit to biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 27 2002,03:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Oct. 27 2002,02:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some of the ugliest weapons have been some of the best(A-10)<span id='postcolor'>

You got that right tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Papageorge @ Oct. 27 2002,07:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">... You are aware of the hole point of this Post correct chronicles? The M2A2 Bradly is a light tank. The BMP, BMP2, and BMP3 are Armored Personal Vechiles.<span id='postcolor'>

Are YOU aware of the hole in YOUR post? The BMP2, BMP3 and M2A2 are roughly equal IFVs. That´s infantry fighting vehicles.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FoNeKiLL @ Dec. 26 2002,04:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmmm, lets make even MORE shit for west!

fucking faggots<span id='postcolor'>

No flaming please.

The AAAV is not that hot folks,

Take a good look in game terms without all that sales pitch hype,

It's a bradley that swims better, has a larger target shape, and <most important to FMC> costs twice as much.

Go ahead and make one if you must, but only a Maaa-Reen

would consider it an improvement biggrin.gif

Oh and on the subject of ATGM ROF BMP vis a vis M2, well the BMP could have a better ROF than the Bradley, but Russian designers didn't think a 2 tube launcher was that important <not that it is IRL, any brad that stayed in position after firing 1 missile deserves to have his ass handed to him>

Errrr...that's quite a simplification.

It has a better cannon (actually, now it has one in the first place) can travel at unbelievable speeds in water for an IFV carrying 18 people, and that's another thing, it costs twice as much, but carries three times the people.

As for the armor, well, at MINIMUM it can withstand 14.5mm. With extra armor likely added on land missions, well? Who knows.