D3F3CT3D

Terrain builder Makes Terrain Flat with Asc and Xyz

fixed it by creating a new map frame a few times and changing the height map.

So far this is  occurring on windows 10 64 bit. I did a fresh install of everything for Arma 3 Tools and Verified Cache through Steam which Validated 3 Files, Also used futuraToP to extract the game Data to make buldozer work for the updated scripts/road tool.

I set Terrain builder to compatibility mode for windows 7 as Administrator checked. (It was working fine on windows 7 before , since I upgraded to win.10 I ran into problems with terrain builder being slow and unresponsive while loading up maps and closing dialog boxes etc.) ... Using L3DT to export terrain as 2048x2048 Asc or Xyz Format ( I prefer ASC which works best usually.)  In Buldozer view The terrain is flat.  In Terrain Builder Window,  it's Flat without Colored Height Lines/Contours you would normally see on a working import ( Red,Orange Etc.) > I Tested to see if a BMP Works normally, and surprisingly it does work like Asc should be doing Like this 

BMP Import.

WDgMkmp.png

Here's a picture of what It looks like when i import the terrain as Asc/Xyz.

No Contours or lines for Elevation like Above. + Terrain is Flat with blocky water textures interrupting the "Smooth" coastline.

gMEiDSG.png

And this is The result in Buldozer.

1zIKgLj.png

Computer Specs:

CPU: i5-4690k 3.5 Ghz

GPU: GTX 970 4GB

Ram: 8 GB

In case anyone else was wondering, you need to Rebuild Terrain to see height data.

Double Click Mapframe > Processing Tab > Rebuild terrain

On 11/13/2018 at 11:39 AM, D3F3CT3D said:

fixed it by creating a new map frame a few times and changing the height map.

So far this is  occurring on windows 10 64 bit. I did a fresh install of everything for Arma 3 Tools and Verified Cache through Steam which Validated 3 Files, Also used futuraToP to extract the game Data to make buldozer work for the updated scripts/road tool.

I set Terrain builder to compatibility mode for windows 7 as Administrator checked. (It was working fine on windows 7 before , since I upgraded to win.10 I ran into problems with terrain builder being slow and unresponsive while loading up maps and closing dialog boxes etc.) ... Using L3DT to export terrain as 2048x2048 Asc or Xyz Format ( I prefer ASC which works best usually.)  In Buldozer view The terrain is flat.  In Terrain Builder Window,  it's Flat without Colored Height Lines/Contours you would normally see on a working import ( Red,Orange Etc.) > I Tested to see if a BMP Works normally, and surprisingly it does work like Asc should be doing Like this 

This most likely means the vertical scale of your map is broken or your ASC coordinates are not correct and the imported height layer is not inside your mapframe when you rebuild it. 
Also real life above water surface height data has sea water always at 0m level so the sea behavior is as expected.

The asc import you have there definitely has heights since the shading is visible.