Sign in to follow this  
Ex3B

Modding new weapon pylons

I'd like to start doing some (I hope) relatively simple mods.

1) As a first goal, I would like to make 2x R73 and 2x R-77 missile racks. I assume there should be a simple way of pairing the existing racks for 2x BIM-9 and 2x ARMRAAM, with the R-73 and R-77 missiles instead.

I would think something as simple as this could be done in a simple config.cpp file, no? probably something so simple that it could be posted in a short response to this thread?

https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma:config

I assume if I know how to do this, then I could do the same thing with SDB racks and scalpels, or external AMRAAM racks and HARMS, etc.

2) My second goal, which I imagine would be more complicated, would be to make an "internal" rack for AMRAAMs, with no actual pylon model (or an invisible one), just a pair of AMRAAMs side by sidewith a bit of a gap and offset so that their fins clear each other. This could then be used (for example) with the F-38 from the Aegis mod, so that one pair of pylons could either mount 2 AMRAAMs or 1 LGB/1 SDB rack.

3) My third goal supposing that I manage goals 1 and 2, would be to port the F-35 model from the Arma 2 samples, and give the outer pylons and animation that opens the weapon bay doors and swings the pylon out when the weapon on that pylon is selected (like on the Blackfoot)... the real F-35 has a door weapon station

image:

Spoiler

573raytheon-sdb-ii-pic-1.jpg

and I'd love to have 2 pylons swing out to hold the weapons outside prior to firing... then one could mount DAR or shrieker pods there without it looking ridiculous.

Can anyone post an example config for 1, and/or give me hints as to how to proceed from there to #2, and/or give an opinion of how much work it would be to jump to #3?