ArmaFiend

When I try to get close to it disappears

I have 8 Models all with the same basic object config. All resolution 0 and yet this one object hates life.

Do you have a geometric occluder in that model?

I do not, that know of. I have never worked with it before and reading up I still don't see how it could be part of the model.

On a separate line of investigation, I did remember trying to 2 geo LODs to 1 object and thought that could be it. Re-exported from blender(with a geo mod I know worked before), checked it in Oxygen. The problem persists. I did the same for every part of this ship but only this one part acts this way. Will upload update video in a bit.

Can you show some screen from object builder with that problematic model?

I have posted another video of the model I have. I added all ship pieces in to give context. - 

I have a lot of things to fix and configure on the model still but this is an annoying one

I work mainly in Blender and have limited knowledge with Object Builder

Geo Lod

RNHK46C.png

View Lod

yirqscM.png

Road Lod

XDEKy6s.png

Could it be offset of the model from the Origin point?  All pieces have the same Origin and the tower is working completely so I haven't tried changing that hull part Origin point. 

Yes, it's because of the offset from model origin. You have to autocenter your object & then attach it with proper offset.

I tried it out

lSrYi3o.png

Change the origin to the 7th hull piece from the center of the ship. (Where the crosshairs/cursor point is)  I went with because the Nimitz has each hull piece with a common origin and then spawns on a single point.

The origin is now the orange point which is selected about

Showing centered now in OB

KfSQw9V.png

But getting the same effect as in previous videos

IGU6E5M.jpg

Update: I have stopped trying to fix this as I am pushing through with things I can build and fix. I will need to fix this before mod release but I am getting everything else done and I will come back to this

Last things tried(Learned what named properties were for a lod )

All named property added and tested different values with no fix found. ie canbeoccluded