Sign in to follow this  
akm74

Zu 23-2

Looks really cool now only the wheels on the sides and than ingame a cpp and than ready to go xmas.gif

Is "gunner" the only proxy we can rotate with the turret confused.gif

1221200212311814.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Denwad @ Dec. 21 2002,16:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Of course not, what about he commander in tanks?<span id='postcolor'>

The commander can't turn the 'turret' (ie. with the weapons) as such, only the commander's station w/periscopes etc. - not sure if this makes a difference with modelmaking though...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Dec. 12 2002,02:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We need those stationary AA rocket launching things...

AS WELL AS FRIGGIN' TECHNICALS!!!!! WHEN ARE YOU PEOPLE GONNA MAKE EM'confused.gif

*sigh*

Why hasn't someone made a technical yet? Before O2 Came out, lots of you were promising to make them when it did come out.<span id='postcolor'>

I think that's because all interest in Somalia mods trickled away. There was one big Somalia MOD group that apparently disappeared. Likewise there was a nice Somalia map that was made but it had severe texture problems and I never heard anything from the map maker as to whether he fixed it or just gave up on it.

I was going to re-do my blackhawk but I was waiting for a good Somalia map.... and also for the BAS MH-60 pavehawks.

So far I haven't seen either.... just lots of Little Birds.

But back on topic, I'd also love to see the ZSU-23-2 AA gun as a stationary AA gun in this game. Someone was working on one and it looked to be in advanced stages of completion but that was months ago. I guess they abandonded that project. That's too bad.

There are a lot of great projects out there that addon makers seem to have abandoned. Anyone remember that crop duster that only worked for ver. 1.46? Whatever happened to that?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ Dec. 13 2002,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The GFX707 Flak 36 is a joke.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually I really enjoyed the GFX-707's FLAK-36 AA gun. It is most definitely not a joke. I love the big fat yellow tracers that are fired from that thing. It is perfect for WWII missions in OFP where you have to bomb German targets. Also I made a mission where as part of team of Airborne soldiers you have to take out one of these AA positions...the AA crew can and do use their AA gun against you. It's obviously a very dated weapon system, but even in modern missions it's very fun to use if you just want to see a nice light show at night. Stick about 8 of these things around a target and you'll have a bunch of big fat tracers coming up at you with only a minimal chance of getting hit if you're flying a fast moving aircraft.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

My ZU23 almost finished. I just have to find way to use commander. There is a problem I got so far.

If I’m defining ZU as stationary MG (even if it works fine and use ZSU ammunitions) I seem like unable to use commander options on it. I don’t even have “get in as commander†in menu. (And yes, there is a proxy for commander)

If I’m defining it like ZSU, I finally manage to have options for “gunnerâ€, “commander†and “driver†(strange, because I don’t have even proxy for driver in p3d model) and most interesting are…. Gunner and commander become invincible.  ZU23 operate fine, you just can’t see gunner and commander from outside.

I think I will reliase it only with  gunner options right now, and if someone want fix or find solution for commander , welcome to try. I will pack it with standard tools.

It looks badass AKM74 nice job there m8 nice textures looking forward to your addon m8 really coooooool wink.gif

I think you sohuld show the commander, and put him in a standing up position with binoculars. What do you need the driver for tho?

Hey! That ZU-23 looks so nice. Hope a good gun sound will be in the addon. Is hard to find the real sound of that beauty!

Thanks AKM74 for bring it to OF world!!

ps: like the "stars" details at ammo boxes! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ Dec. 21 2002,20:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My ZU23 almost finished. I just have to find way to use commander. There is a problem I got so far.

If I’m defining ZU as stationary MG (even if it works fine and use ZSU ammunitions) I seem like unable to use commander options on it. I don’t even have “get in as commander†in menu. (And yes, there is a proxy for commander)

If I’m defining it like ZSU, I finally manage to have options for “gunnerâ€, “commander†and “driver†(strange, because I don’t have even proxy for driver in p3d model) and most interesting are…. Gunner and commander become invincible.  ZU23 operate fine, you just can’t see gunner and commander from outside.

I think I will reliase it only with  gunner options right now, and if someone want fix or find solution for commander , welcome to try. I will pack it with standard tools.<span id='postcolor'>

I think that it will be fine without a commander.  Perhaps just make a cargo position so that if a mission maker wants to he can stick a officer sitting next to the gunner.  Otherwise a mission maker can just group the ZSU-23-2 with an officer so that the officer can spot targets for him.   So I think it's fine just having a gunner position.  I can't wait to try it out!  Oh...also...can you PLEASE try and make it using BIG BRIGHT tracers like on the BIS ZSU-23-4 Shilka or like on GFX-707's Flak-36 AA gun?   It looks SO SO SO much nicer when the tracers are really bright and much scarier when you are flying and you see those big bright tracers going by your plane or helicopter.    Also I'm glad that you're making it less powerful then the Shilka.  That way pilots have a chance of surviving.  

Thx for the hard work on this addon!  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I will post link to Beta in a couple hours here. If someone wants to mirror it (my free space has limit for download), welcome to do so. I still have problem to find good sound.

It only beta guys (fully working). Please post your opinion and wishes in this treat…

OMG!!!

This addon is GREAT! wow.gifwow.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The model is so detailed and beautiful, but the main thing is that I can USE this in almost every mission I make (go to hell, Shilka).

This is still a beta, right?

1. The LOD is strange from a distance, it is white and looks like a different model...

2. The sound isn´t original, it´s the V-80 cannon´s sound. Are you sure that´s how the ZU-23 really sounds?

3. It´s called "tank" in the radio messages. Maybe "machine gun" or "shilka" would be better (or not, there isn´t much to choose from)

I recommend putting these guns in emplacements, with 2 wood fences on each side of the gun, another soldier with setunitpos "UP" beside the ZU-23 and an Ammo Crate II (East)

I noticed that you can´t target it with missiles, nice touch.

Looking firward to the final version, and merry xmas xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ Dec. 22 2002,15:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OMG!!!

This addon is GREAT! wow.gif  wow.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

The model is so detailed and beautiful, but the main thing is that I can USE this in almost every mission I make (go to hell, Shilka).

This is still a beta, right?

1. The LOD is strange from a distance, it is white and looks like a different model...

2. The sound isn´t original, it´s the V-80 cannon´s sound. Are you sure that´s how the ZU-23 really sounds?

3. It´s called "tank" in the radio messages. Maybe "machine gun" or "shilka" would be better (or not, there isn´t much to choose from)

I recommend putting these guns in emplacements, with 2 wood fences on each side of the gun, another soldier with setunitpos "UP" beside the ZU-23 and an Ammo Crate II (East)

I noticed that you can´t target it with missiles, nice touch.

Looking firward to the final version, and merry xmas xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Gollum, or AK, can you email it those people with mirror sites?

I can't download from that URL. Thx

sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Looks great but i cant download it. i think it was some thing to do with the bandwidth. sad.gif Will u be making it available at ofp zone or ofp info or someplcae?

I ask guys from http://ofp.gamezone.cz/ to mirror it. Did't know how long it take...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. The LOD is strange from a distance, it is white and looks like a different model...<span id='postcolor'>

It works fine for me. At least when I did check it on all distance. Anyone can confirm it?

I'm still looking for good sound and real ZU23 optics. I will need 2 different sounds for 2 different types of ammunitions.

yeay i got it now gotta say great work m8. this is a great addon Well done keep it up smile.gif

1. I finally manage to add commander, so it 2 man crew now.

2. There are 2 types of ammunitions now.

API-T = not explosive Bullet 1000 (maybe 2000) rounds

HEI-T = explosive Bullet, slightly more damage, 400 rounds

3. I did fix “get in tank†message, now it say “get in MGâ€

Did anyone know proxy name for sandbags (if any) ?