Sign in to follow this  
akm74

Zu 23-2

How it will feet OFP world? How useful it will be in the game?

I’m want to made one. Maybe.

zu-23-DFST8409748_JPG.jpg

chechnya46.jpg

That AA gun is also called "Sergei",at least in Finland.

We have tought about making it, but we don't have enough good hi-res pictures for textures and another crappy textured and modelled addon wouldn't be so nice...

the retelations mod (sry... dont have their url) is working on this gun... the screens i saw quite long time ago were looking great... if someone knows where to find those screens.. plz post them

This idea is just what the doctor orderred for those russians. I think it should be a russian weapon. Something towable too. It's a nice additition to any camp worrying about air bombings, which are a common thing nowadays. lol.

In Chechnya it used mainly against ground target.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Something towable too<span id='postcolor'>

I can’t make it towable. OFP engine not allow this..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We have tought about making it, but we don't have enough good hi-res pictures for textures and another crappy textured and modelled addon wouldn't be so nice... <span id='postcolor'>

If I’m decade to do it, I will make all textures from scratch...

OFP desperately needs STATIONARY AA ....(for NAM missions in particular)

Isent there a stationary Vulcan AA for Ofp??, I think i had it before, but ive lost it.

Anyone know where i can get it back??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This idea is just what the doctor orderred for those russians. I think it should be a russian weapon. Something towable too. It's a nice additition to any camp worrying about air bombings, which are a common thing nowadays. lol.<span id='postcolor'>

I dont think this will help ya too much against the jets and bombs being cropped these days tho.

Kevin

it could catch helicopters though, and maybe low flying aircraft if they dont spot it on radar

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sleepers-Neo @ Dec. 09 2002,21:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Isent there a stationary Vulcan AA for Ofp??, I think i had it before, but ive lost it.

Anyone know where i can get it back??<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, there is that,...but nothing else.

We need some older, simpler AA guns

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sleepers-Neo @ Dec. 10 2002,05:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Isent there a stationary Vulcan AA for Ofp??, I think i had it before, but ive lost it.

Anyone know where i can get it back??<span id='postcolor'>

If i'm thinking of the same one, it was made by GFX707 - just the turret of the Vulcan surrounded by sandbags....you can probably still get it at his site - can't remember the URL...

A static AA gun like the ZU-23 would be a really good addition, especially for the Resistance who probably wouldn't have anything too sohpisticated

I think GFX707's site is www.fortress-ofp.com, I think you can find the vulcan and other very good addons there.

About the ZU-23, I think it would be a great addon. We have the 2S6M Tunguska and Shilka, but like someone mentioned earlier, ofp still lacks simpler anti-aircraft systems. Besides, I think ZU-23 could be used in a lot of missions because it's such a widespread system.

Also, something worth thinking about would be the ZPU series AA-machineguns, those would be perfect for Vietnam missions.

You're all forgetting the Flak36. I think you can get it from GFX707s site. It's not sophisticated, and looks very rusty, so it's pretty much perfect for the resistance side.

But that doesn't mean I don't want a ZU-23 tounge.gif .

Cheers

Mr B

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ Dec. 09 2002,20:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In Chechnya it used mainly against ground target.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Something towable too<span id='postcolor'>

I can’t make it towable. OFP engine not allow this..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We have tought about making it, but we don't have enough good hi-res pictures for textures and another crappy textured and modelled addon wouldn't be so nice... <span id='postcolor'>

If I’m decade to do it, I will make all textures from scratch...<span id='postcolor'>

MTLB with ZU23/2 (Chechenya 2000)

A little while ago I saw some news at OFPEC about someone making a MT-LB. Maybe you could email him your suggestion/request.

I need blueprint of ZU23. Not photos. Did anyone have a link or can point me in right directions ?

We need those stationary AA rocket launching things...

AS WELL AS FRIGGIN' TECHNICALS!!!!! WHEN ARE YOU PEOPLE GONNA MAKE EM'confused.gif

*sigh*

Why hasn't someone made a technical yet? Before O2 Came out, lots of you were promising to make them when it did come out.

Yeah!! Waiting for the ZU-23 from Retaiation Team. Hope they will release something soon!

Here are some pics I get in the past... It look so nice, no? smile.gif

zu23_retaliation_1.jpg

zu23_retaliation_2.jpg

ps: off-topic also waiting for the BTR-80 from www.bw-mod.de. Thanks to sigma-6 the tanks have now the NSVT over the turret so... ZU-23 and BTR-80 are my last (for now) wanted things for see inside OF biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ Dec. 09 2002,20:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can’t make it towable. OFP engine not allow this..<span id='postcolor'>

It can be done with scripting - there was a script that allowed you to tow the stationary cannon behind a truck and deploy it when needed to fire.

I’m finally decided to make ZU23. This is only early screen shots from max. (Texture look practically 1=1 in oxygen, I check it already. I think me ménage to find right way to create texture in Photoshop.

I will need some help with config.cfg file.

Config for ZU23 must have 2-3 type of ammunitions. (I will try to use different sound for each if it’s passable)

The ZU-23 fires the same ammunition as the 23-mm SP AA gun ZSU-23-4. And also API-T, HEI-T

It must engage air and ground target (like shilka)

To keep game balanced (yep, after all BIS was 100% right) I don’t want to use real characteristics, but instead just made it 2 -3 times less powerful then shilka.

I’m will also need picture (or any information) on real zu23 optics and sound.

If someone wiling to help me with config and more information’s I will appreciate it.

Thank you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The GFX707 Flak 36 is a joke.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually it works well on slower moving planes and helicopters. AI uses quite well. Besides thats all it really needs to do since it is a ww2 weapon.