Beans135

Replacing vanilla items

Hello, as the title says I am looking to replace some vanilla items with some from a mod but I ran in to a problem. When I swap out a vanilla item with one form the mod when I load up the game it gives me the error "can't load texture  VSM_Vests/LBT6094/Textures/VSM_LBT6094_MulticamTropic.paa" However, when VSM is loaded it works just fine. Unfortunately, I can't have the mod loaded as I play on a multiplayer server that doesn't allow that mod. I just want to be clear that all I want to do is replace the appearance of the vanilla items.

Thanks 

6 hours ago, Beans135 said:

Hello, as the title says I am looking to replace some vanilla items with some from a mod but I ran in to a problem. When I swap out a vanilla item with one form the mod when I load up the game it gives me the error "can't load texture  VSM_Vests/LBT6094/Textures/VSM_LBT6094_MulticamTropic.paa" However, when VSM is loaded it works just fine. Unfortunately, I can't have the mod loaded as I play on a multiplayer server that doesn't allow that mod. I just want to be clear that all I want to do is replace the appearance of the vanilla items.

Thanks 

It cannot be done as that would require modifying the game itself. and the configworks that go into the game. In simplest terms, you have to have the mod active if you wanna use it, you cannot replace something vanilla without a mod

Can't you change where an item finds its texture through Object Builder? 

You can, but it is against Arma 3's EULA. We are not allowed to modify any of the source models/files, aka doing what you want to do.

3 hours ago, Flinty said:

You can, but it is against Arma 3's EULA. We are not allowed to modify any of the source models/files, aka doing what you want to do.

Thanks for letting me know.

Also Id like to point out you would never be able to use your modified vanilla items in multiplayer even if you managed to do what you want.

• Like 1