pierremgi

Unwanted waypoints/track on map

Hi all,

I have trouble with waypoints, and paths between them, appearing on map after unidentified circumstances.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

I'm playing in MP from editor (testing before public release).

These tracks/waypoints concern the playable group only.

But...

My game is configured for never show waypoints (difficulty settings). No specific HUD command;

I placed a respawn revive system from 3den and mission event Handlers entityKilled entityRespawned but for loadout considerations, not related to waypoints;

I don't have any script for waypoints on players' group;

The only clue I have right now is that starts with some dead (player or AI's group?) then a handover to another leader for the group (Arma's engine shifts leader when leader is unconscious or dead-respawn).

These waypoints/tracks seem to be the intended path for the group, calculated by the Arma engine, and weirdly revealed on map for a killed/respawned reason? of the current leader? (may be).

Thanks for any experience about that.

If a BI dev could read and reply to this post...

Keep fun.

Sorry I don't quite understand what the problem is but did you try deleting all of the group's waypoints before creating new ones?

Just now, gc8 said:

Sorry I don't quite understand what the problem is but did you try deleting all of the group's waypoints before creating new ones?

hi  @gc8 Thanks for your interest.

I don't create any waypoint! These waypoints seems to be the intended Arma engine calculated moves for the player's group and they start to be shown on map, after a respawn/leader handover (Arma's engine again).

So, as my game is set with difficulty to "never show" waypoints, it's seems to me more a bug than a bad script.

This bug occurred months ago. I can't determine what causes it. So, I'm asking if anybody experienced it. I'm rather sure this problem was mentioned somewhere but I didn't find it on feedback tracker or forum.

This problem still occurs, using CBA patrol module for same side units as player and resuming the mission...
I succeeded in erasing these wpts/tracks on map for my scripts, but not for CBA modules.

Everybody's fine with these tracks??

ArmA%203%20Screenshot%202020.04.11%20-%2