Sign in to follow this  
Steam

"a debugger has been detected. please unload the d

Hi, for christmas i recieved a Creative Audigy 2 Sound card and Creative Inspire 5.1 digital 5700 surround sound speaker set. I installed the drivers, and put on one of the games that came free, Hitman 2. Then, when i went to try out OFP:R i recieved this message "A debugger has been detected. Please unload the debugger and try again." I thought it odd considering i have an official copy of OFP:CWC and OFP:R (also have RedHammer), so i rebooted yet the same message appeared. I was wondering if there is any issues with my new setup because i was playing OFP:R online with some mates last night, with my previous config ( GameTheatre XP Sound card and Rack, with 2 speakers.) I am running Windows 2000 professional on a GF3 ti500 with 512 megs of ram, the only other thing i have changed is i have added a Samsung DVD player inplace of my Creative CD-ROM. Anyone help, cos i want to be able to feel those tanks coming through my new sub-woofer smile.gif

i already had a look at the faq and searched the forums, however came to no avail, i believe it may be some diagnostic tools installed by the sound card, becasue, they, really, are the only new software on.

Maybe you should take a look in the windows task manager to see if there is a program or process that may be a part of your new sound card that causes the message of the OFP copy protection. If you can find a program or process you may try to stop/end it and then try to run OFP.

I vaguely remember some DVD software or drivers causing the debugger message. smile.gif Anyway, you will be glad to know the problem has been seen before. wink.gif I wonder if I can find anything on it?

EDIT: Yep Avon was replying at the same time... anyway, I found 3 threads containing the same problem in this forum. Seems like the DVD rom is probably the culprit (actually Safedisk IS the problem). Avons faq should be somewhat helpful. confused.gif

no, and i cant seem to access the samsung website to find new drivers :/, mmmm well, what can i do to fix the problem?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Steam @ Dec. 25 2002,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no, and i cant seem to access the samsung website to find new drivers :/<span id='postcolor'>

I hope you're not getting a WEB browser error message about some debugger! tounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Dec. 25 2002,19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avons faq should be <span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>somewhat</span> helpful.<span id='postcolor'>

mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Dec. 25 2002,12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Dec. 25 2002,19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avons faq should be <span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>somewhat</span> helpful.<span id='postcolor'>

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, so? wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I start OFP and get message "A debugger has been detected. Please unload the debugger and try again."

OFP's CD copy protection mechanism, SAFEDISC2, runs some checks at startup to ascertain whether you are attempting to monitor its protection methods for the purpose of cracking them.

If you really are running such a debugger program, then you deserve this message. However, there are other innocent Windows programs out there that can trigger a similar false positive condition. OFP player Exatheon discovered that when he terminated a Windows utility called Bomb Shelter, the message was no longer displayed and he could finally play OFP.

So, if you come across this message on your PC and you're not out to outwit SAFEDISC2, check to see what Windows program or utility that you're running might be causing this error.

<span id='postcolor'>

This, which I think you copied from the forum, is somewhat helpful. Which is a complement actually. xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Dec. 25 2002,19:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, so?  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

n/m - j/k wink.gif

lets get this back on topic, i also installed a audigy2 platinum yesturday and yes i also got this error, i cleared everything from the task manager, and nothing sad.gif

i have installed latest drivers and it only effects OFP, no other games

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ Dec. 25 2002,19:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lets get this back on topic, i also installed a audigy2 platinum yesturday and yes i also got this error, i cleared everything from the task manager, and nothing sad.gif

i have installed latest drivers and it only effects OFP, no other games<span id='postcolor'>

Are there any odd settings in the card's properties/driver interface that you can tinker with to try to make this problem go away?

Did you try searching Creative's support knowledge base (they have on, don't they? confused.gif ) for "debugger"?

i have searched and nothing, i tried playing OFP minutes after the install of the new card and so no, no tinkering/tweaking/modifing confused.gif

ive tried looking through the settings, but tbh i dont really know what to look for sad.gif

Im back, and im glad to say, ive solved the problem. i uninsatalled all the creative stuff, including drivers, then reinstalled the Drivers Only Install, and success. It works!! Ty to Avon Lady and bn880 for your help. If this works for me maybe it will work for u too acid.

gah, if only i had seen that smile.gif

i think ill do the full install then do that biggrin.gif

Looks like its an Audigy 2 issue, Anyone know of any other creative labs sound cards that have this prob, so we can make a list for ppl in the future.

One Question tho, wheres msconfig in win2k, i tried MSCONFIG in the run box but it dont work. On other thing i can think of is regedit.

you type msconfig.exe and i just tried it, doesnt work, still happens

edit: I just tried what was said here:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im back, and im glad to say, ive solved the problem. i uninsatalled all the creative stuff, including drivers, then reinstalled the Drivers Only Install, and success. It works!! Ty to Avon Lady and bn880 for your help. If this works for me maybe it will work for u too acid. <span id='postcolor'>

didnt see that before when i posted, i just tried it, and sofar ive narrowed it down to one of these from the install:#

Diag

Wave Studio

Soundfont Bank and manager

Stream Recorder

Getting Started Demo(i doubt this)

Midi Samples (i doubt this)

im just going to try one by one now, welldone Stream, you seem to have it sorted

Thanks xmas.gif

Error messages when trying to play a game with the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 :

The error messages can generally be avoided if you turn off the Sound Blaster Audigy2 Welcome screen by selecting the check box labeled Do not show this again. This screen can either be accessed when the computer reboots or by going to Start, Programs, Sound Blaster Audigy 2, Welcome Menu.

DVD audio applications may also cause the difficulty, so make sure to reboot prior to starting a gaming session if you may have played DVD audio.