Reschiiv

d3d error - dxgi_error_device_removed

Hi,

Arma 3 constantly crashes and gives me this message: d3d error - dxgi_error_device_removed

I'm running the game on a completely new computer. I have Intel i7  8700K and RTX 2080. I have tried reinstalling Arma and the drivers for the graphics card. Anyone know what I should do?

Thanks in advance!

Have you verified your game files?
Have you tried reinstalling direct X?

10 hours ago, stanhope said:

Have you verified your game files?
Have you tried reinstalling direct X?

I have tried verifieing my game files. Didn't seem to work.

I don't know how to reinstall DirectX. According to DxDiag I have DirectX 12. Most sources seem to say that DirectX 12 only can be upgraded through Windows Update, and I can't see any uppdates there. Do you know how to reinstall DirectX 12?

Kinda sucks not being able to play your favorite game with your brand new pc...

I tried doing this from the thread you mentioned:

"1) Goto device manager.
2) Under Display Adapters, find Intel HD graphics or similar.
3) Right click and select, "Update Driver Software..."
4) Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
5) Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

Now you should hopefully see a couple of options. One will be something like "standard VGA adapter" or "microsoft basic display adapter". Select it and click next. Go through whatever process it needs with reboots and so forth."

That seemed to work for them. In my case, I no longer get the error message. Now Arma just freezes and I can't even alt-tab out of it. I had to turn off my computer with the physical button and restart it to be able to do anything. 

If you don't use integrated GPU (Intel HD) just disable in BIOS -> iGPU and you will fix that problem or if you use Intel HD you must find driver which don't have problem with Arma. Use DDU to clean Intel video drivers and keep installing drivers from the older to the newer until you find the right combination.

DDU -> https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Intel® UHD Graphics 630 -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126790

8 hours ago, Horus said:

If you don't use integrated GPU (Intel HD) just disable in BIOS -> iGPU and you will fix that problem or if you use Intel HD you must find driver which don't have problem with Arma. Use DDU to clean Intel video drivers and keep installing drivers from the older to the newer until you find the right combination.

DDU -> https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Intel® UHD Graphics 630 -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126790

I tried uninstalling the Intel UHD Graphics 630 Driver by doing the second option here:  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

I didn't install a new driver cause i figured the RTX 2080 was enough. This didn't solve the problem. Arma 3 stills crashes.

Edit: Tried installing a couple of older drivers for the Intel UHD Graphics 630. Nothing changed. Arma 3 freezes and I can't turn it off any other way than pressing the physical power button on my computer or ctrl+alt+delete and log out.

Just for test disable iGPU in bios and see if that fix your problem.

12 hours ago, Horus said:

Just for test disable iGPU in bios and see if that fix your problem.

I have now tried disableing the iGPU in Bios. Unfortunately it didn't work. Arma 3 still freezes and I'm unable to do anything after like 2 mins of play time. Do you havy any other suggestions?

Did you try some other games or this problem you have only in Arma?

32 minutes ago, Horus said:

Did you try some other games or this problem you have only in Arma?

Tried a couple of others today. Same problem with Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Rising Storm 2 Vietnam. Heat Signature works fine though.

On 11/3/2018 at 4:54 PM, Reschiiv said:

I'm running the game on a completely new computer.

You buy new PSU too or use your old?

29 minutes ago, Horus said:

You buy new PSU too or use your old?

PSU is the power supply right? If so, it's new too.

Download and run some GPU stress test program like Heaven and if get that problem again, your GPU don't get enough power, then you need to change that PSU.

8 hours ago, Horus said:

Download and run some GPU stress test program like Heaven and if get that problem again, your GPU don't get enough power, then you need to change that PSU.

I tried running Heaven. It crashed and Windows told me that "application access to graphics hardware has been blocked".