simkas

SetPos behaving differently on a dedicated server?

I've noticed some really odd behavior when using setPos/setPosASL on a dedicated server. If I'm testing things locally, I can do setPos on a unit in any state and it will always work with no problems. On a dedicated server, it only appears to work if a unit is standing on the ground and is not in a vehicle. If they're in a vehicle or they're falling in mid-air, setPos does absolutely nothing. It doesn't seem to be a locality issue, as running it globally or remoteExec'ing it on the unit seems to make no different, setPos just seems to behave differently when on a dedicated server. Is this a bug or is there something with how that command works that causes this?

Are you trying to setpos player on dedi?  player (the command) doesn't have sense on dedi.

6 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Are you trying to setpos player on dedi?  player (the command) doesn't have sense on dedi.

No, I tested it with a specific reference to a unit. Using the same method I can get it to teleport the unit if it's just standing on the ground.

17 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Any mod?

I have plenty of mods on, yeah, but I don't see how mods could possibly change behavior of core engine commands.