Sign in to follow this  
McH

Choppers hit each other

I just played Resistance, in the map that i need to destroy the bridge... well.. i didnt take any AA Launchers, Mi17 and Mi24 were in air and every move.. BOOM, im dead.

So I tryed to run to the town near the bridge, and suddenly i see the two choppers hit each other and Fall Down!! LOL!!

Who NeedsAA Launchers Those Days?  biggrin.gif

Even with extended Christmas Spirit.

This is a rather pointless thread is it not? confused.gif

The mid-air collisions have been happening since OFP first came out. I usually reload, as I wnat the points for downing those choppers.:)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (McH @ Dec. 25 2002,17:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just played Resistance, in the map that i need to destroy the bridge... well.. i didnt take any AA Launchers, Mi17 and Mi28 were in air and every move.. BOOM, im dead.

So I tryed to run to the town near the bridge, and suddenly i see the two choppers hit each other and Fall Down!! LOL!!

Who NeedsAA Launchers Those Days?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

W00t where did you get your mi28? wink.gif

I mean Mi24 wink.gif

And i didnt reload, i saved, because i didnt have any Equipment to get rid of them, so it make this level little easyer biggrin.gif

If you haven't done so yet, you should apply the V1.90 or V1.91 patch for OFP:R, since the AI has been improved to help avoid mid-air collisions. Hopefully, that will take care of the problem you are seeing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Dec. 26 2002,18:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you haven't done so yet, you should apply the V1.90 or V1.91 patch for OFP:R, since the AI has been improved to help avoid mid-air collisions. Hopefully, that will take care of the problem you are seeing.<span id='postcolor'>

For some reason i think he likes it that way tounge.gif

What really rewarding is taking out a chopper with a fixed machine gun. I can do it every time in the one early Restiance mission where the Mi-17 is taking its sweet time to land. Its just plan haliarious to see the guys try to bail out at 20 feet biggrin.gif .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LowLevelFunctionary @ Dec. 26 2002,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For some reason i think he likes it that way tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Let him go back to the 1985 CWC mission Pathfinder and see how he feels if the two helos pounding Chapoi collide before taking out the locals. biggrin.gif