gc8

Field of war [CTI] [SP/MP]

Hey guys, if you have any ideas what to include in this mission please post here. Now is your change to have the kind of CTI mission you like.

9 hours ago, gc8 said:

Hey guys, if you have any ideas what to include in this mission please post here. Now is your change to have the kind of CTI mission you like.

Well, since you asked....

Politics. Id always wanted a politically driven CTI that is dynamically driven by events actually taking place on the BattleMap. So alot of Civilians killed by OPFOR during Artillery strike and spotted by Neutral UN type force -they take a financial hit and perhaps stop using that sort of attack for a while at least in that area. This could lead to alot of cat and mouse games trying to lure the enemy AI into a major political mistake via military action. Different AI general leadership personalities could be fun too (Ruthless, Cautious, Fruity, Hasty etc) Lets be honest, modern day warfare rules are determined daily by what is reported and how it is interperated by the world population. Wars have alotta perception rules unless your sadly in Syria when the OPFOR just dont care..

Yeah itd be a beast to code but i'd play the everlovin sex outta it

Just now, froggyluv said:

Politics. Id always wanted a politically driven CTI that is dynamically driven by events actually taking place on the BattleMap. So alot of Civilians killed by OPFOR during Artillery strike and spotted by Neutral UN type force -they take a financial hit and perhaps stop using that sort of attack for a while at least in that area. This could lead to alot of cat and mouse games trying to lure the enemy AI into a major political mistake via military action.

That is interesting idea. It's quite big thing to implement though so I can't make any promises but I put it in my todo list. I have been thinking similar thing where damage to town buildings reduces the town money income.

Different AI general leadership personalities could be fun too (Ruthless, Cautious, Fruity, Hasty etc)

Yes I have been thinking this too. There could be turtle AI who focuses on strong defenses and large attack strength. Then the opposite AI rusher who sends quick but small attacks. Then balanced AI between the two. And lastly random AI which selects randomly one of those three so player doesn't know how the AI is going to behave in each match.

Different AI general leadership personalities could be fun too (Ruthless, Cautious, Fruity

I wonder if we could attribute this to Theresa May ?

Good ideas BTW !

EDIT:  I do have one request however .... running this on a dedi and the palaver of steam with dedi servers .... could we please have a googledrive or dropbox update too ?

• Haha 1

Just now, kremator said:

I do have one request however .... running this on a dedi and the palaver of steam with dedi servers .... could we please have a googledrive or dropbox update too ?

Well I could add google drive link for the mission it self but Andor's Nato Symbols this mission depends on, is on steam and so is my addon so I don't know what to do about those

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gc8 said:

AI routines like back in OFP CTI would be nice:

- AI under AI group leader would go for rearm/heal/repair/refuel (requires routines gathering all available asstes and the distance between demanding unit and asset)

- AI under human group leader would go for rearm/heal/repair/refuel (requires routines gathering all available asstes and the distance between demanding unit and asset + map view where human group leader can select the unit + asset where to go for logistic action)

• Like 1

Just now, The Man Without Qualities said:

- AI under AI group leader would go for rearm/heal/repair/refuel (requires routines gathering all available asstes and the distance between demanding unit and asset)

Have to say I was planning in adding automatic ammo/fuel replenishment for AI squads to keep it simple.. I also have code to cover broken wheels or men with broken legs to fix them so squad wont get stuck but can move.

Just now, gc8 said:

Well I could add google drive link for the mission it self but Andor's Nato Symbols this mission depends on, is on steam and so is my addon so I don't know what to do about those

Is that mod absolutely necessary though?

Just now, Janez said:

Is that mod absolutely necessary though?

At the moment it is because it adds new group markers such as airborne icon. I could make it so that the mission uses the marker mods only if they are installed but then there wouldn't be much variation between group icons but just infantry/motorized/mech/tank which in my opinion is kinda dull :)

Just now, gc8 said:

At the moment it is because it adds new group markers such as airborne icon. I could make it so that the mission uses the marker mods only if they are installed but then there wouldn't be much variation between group icons but just infantry/motorized/mech/tank which in my opinion is kinda dull :)

I'd be OK with dull :). I hate to annoy but vanilla version would be very much appreciated.

Just now, Janez said:

I'd be OK with dull :). I hate to annoy but vanilla version would be very much appreciated.

I'm going to make the two mods optional. Already wrote some code for that :) So that's in next release

• Like 2

New version:

AI Commander has two new special forces:

1. Diver team
  2. Marine landing team

Towns have static defenses

New unit types: Motorized & mechanized recon

Mod's other than Apex are now optional

Other changes / bug fixes

• Like 1

New release:

AI can now build FOBs by Air engineer units
Player reviving AI (By pierremgi)
Lots of other changes which I forgot :)

New release:

Player can now call reinforcements by air or by sea
Other changes

Huge update!

What' new:

Better performance
Player can call CAS
Player can order ordnance drop
Player can call airlift
New kill feed
Wounded AI may get up
Unit callsigns

• Like 1

New release:

What's new:

Support radio chatter
More place defenses (bunkers next to roads)
Heli CAS
Bug fixes

New release:

What's new:

Further optimized AI commander code
Bug fixes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gc8 said:

New release:

Damn, gc8, you are a frigging machine!  Don't forget to eat and sleep brother.  And whats the status on @froggyluv's fruity AI commander behaviour?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

And whats the status on @froggyluv's fruity AI commander behaviour?

I was just thinking that it would be my next step :)

• Thanks 1

New release!

What's new:

Player can order vehicle drop
Ai com types (Rusher, Turtle, Balanced)
Rewrote unit configs for easier modding
Bug fixes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New release

What's new:

Group radio chatter
Civilians
Civilian casualties decrease town income
Callable air assault troops
Bug fixes
And all the rest I forgot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys

It has been fun coding this mission but unfortunately I am running out of ideas. So if you have any ideas for this mission please let me know and maybe I can put them in the mission and have something to do. :)

thx!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the invitation!

Attach to some heavy construction vehicles the ability to build extensive fortifications. Real shelters and large bunker which are hard to crack for bombs and arty.

Should cost a lot of , also time.

3 hours ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

Real shelters and large bunker which are hard to crack for bombs and arty.

Thanks for the idea! Hmm, in arma I don't think objects/bunkers can be destroyed... So not sure how to go about that

There are some destructable buildings...or better after a certain "damage" the change destroyed buildings in several destruction levels.

For bunker I do not know if there are some textures for destroyed ones.

In CTI some versions adding all kind of objects to passive defense objects and creative users build out of containers, high-rised check points and some other stuff very impressive castles :-). One does not need a WWII bunker pack, already BIS standard objects are fine.