gc8

Field of war [CTI] [SP/MP]

9 minutes ago, kremator said:

Unfortunately the  latest mission is crashing my arma3 client .. not server however.  ONLY running CBA on both.  RPT errors below...

Wow. Weird it didn't crash when I was testing but I uploaded possible fix. Hope it works now! And thanks for reporting 🙂

10 minutes ago, kremator said:

18:14:07 Sound: Error: File: a3\sounds_f\vehicles2\armor\shared\add_layers\rattling_03_ext.wss not found !!!
18:14:07 Error in expression <0.7 * EXT_DRIVE_DIRT_VOLUME * DRIVE_DIRT_CONDI>
18:14:07   Error position: <EXT_DRIVE_DIRT_VOLUME * DRIVE_DIRT_CONDI>
18:14:07   Error Undefined variable in expression: ext_drive_dirt_volume

This happens only with my mission? i get the same message but I doubt it's my mission causing it...

Hmmm.  Going to do more testing of my server and main machine.  Not sure if this is a memory issue or something CBA related.  Will keep you informed.

1 minute ago, kremator said:

Hmmm.  Going to do more testing of my server and main machine.  Not sure if this is a memory issue or something CBA related.  Will keep you informed.

I forgot to mention that the "Unknown attribute" thing has caused crash in my machine too in the past. Just don't know why it didn't crash now in my PC

I added interesting poll to my main site if some one is interested to vote. Link to poll here

I'll try to add more polls in the future 🙂

Edit: Another poll here!

Hi guys, made small update to the mission!

What's new:

Improved the gear GUI, now displays all equipped items
Mines for towns (Can be disabled if laggy)

Hi everyone

I have couple of polls in my site , one about which mod to support in next release. It would be nice to get some votes so I know what step to take. Here's link to the poll

thx!

New release (bug fixes and improvements)

Opened play server!

Play server:

IP:       88.214.57.74

Port:   2374

Thanks gc8.  My crashing was due to a driver issue with Arctis 7 headset - I've posted the fix for all in Troubleshooting.  All sorted now.

2 minutes ago, kremator said:

Thanks gc8.  My crashing was due to a driver issue with Arctis 7 headset - I've posted the fix for all in Troubleshooting.  All sorted now.

Good to hear 🙂

Released new version

Disabled mines because they made the mission way too laggy. Consider also disabling other features like town civilians if the mission lags. Also changing army size multiplier can help

And bug fixes

Would it be possible to buy repair/rearm trucks when you capture a place ?  Or at least soldiers ?  Having to go back to base is excessive 😞

20 minutes ago, kremator said:

Would it be possible to buy repair/rearm trucks when you capture a place ?  Or at least soldiers ?  Having to go back to base is excessive 😞

I could add that, maybe as toggle able by parameter. Which reminds me I still haven't decided what you can buy at HQ

New release!

Bug fixes
Improved AI group behavior (experimental)
Parameter to allow infantry buying in all places

• Like 1

Another update with some changes to AI group behavior

and some bug fixes

• Like 1

Important update!

Fixed: gear and unit buy menu option did not always show up after respawn. 
Other tweaks

• Like 1

New version!

What's new:

The AI commander researches weapon and vehicle levels (Can be disabled)
Mines are back on town roads (Can be disabled)
Infantry unstuck code
The mission is automatically saved and can be loaded by setting the load param (This feature is still highly experimental and may not work properly)

• Like 1

Fixed: gear/unit buy menu did not work on dedicated server

Small update:

Gear level is now weapon level
Gear menu with some info labels

New release!

What's new:

You can now select skill of the purchased units, higher skill costs more
More group radio messages such as pinned down and location found
And many other smaller changes and bug fixes

hey gc8,

can you make a brief overview where you are with your project and still have on your todo/wishlist.

Also do you have a discord?

Finally where do you want to go with the project isnt really clear to me. SP/COOP/PvP focus, no focus, other terrains and mod support plans?

(seen your poll and may have missed some discussion in here on these topics - sorry)

11 minutes ago, .kju said:

can you make a brief overview where you are with your project and still have on your todo/wishlist.

Well I'm starting to run out of ideas again actually, todo list getting shorter and shorter. But sometimes I get bunch of new ideas to work with... 🙂

I'm also open for any suggestions

13 minutes ago, .kju said:

Also do you have a discord?

I'm kinda new to discord, all I have is user account in there. But I guess you meant some page in there for this project, in that case no. But I have site here

15 minutes ago, .kju said:

Finally where do you want to go with the project isnt really clear to me. SP/COOP/PvP focus, no focus, other terrains and mod support plans?

It can be played in all those modes. Because there is AI commander you can for example team up on the west side against the east if you want

Mod support is planned, I have added poll to my site for voting the first supported mod.

Also planning to support more terrains

thx for your post 🙂

Do you have a trello board or how do you organize your tasks (issues and planned features)?

Discord is popular these days due to allow live interaction, but also async like forums. Plus to have fanbase interact with each other and help one another.

If you haven't done so, try to generalize and abstract your system to make porting to terrains and/or mods simple.

17 minutes ago, .kju said:

Do you have a trello board or how do you organize your tasks (issues and planned features)?

Just using a text file to keep the todo list 🙂 

17 minutes ago, .kju said:

If you haven't done so, try to generalize and abstract your system to make porting to terrains and/or mods simple.

I have been working on some scripts and even GUI tools to make mod support easier. But for terrains I don't yet have a clear picture what would be the best approach on supporting more maps

• Thanks 1

New version:

What's new:

Improved support menu
Player air drop From support menu. Moves player instantly in airplane and eject on drop zone
Money current and income text
Other minor changes

How about a GM DLC version? Possible/feasible/meaningful?