gc8

Field of war [CTI] [SP/MP]

Maintance update
Fixed: Admin menu bug with saved games
Other fixes

• Like 1

New release!

What's new:

Tweaked AI commanders. Turtle AI now builds units long before sending to attack and rush AI throws all in from the beginning
New island capture bar in map view
Other changes and fixes

• Like 1

Created new frontline rendering for the mission!

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Still WIP

Note: If it causes lag in the map screen it can be disabled from Map -> FOW -> Settings

• Like 2

Update!

What's new:

Optimized frontline rendering
The price of not only vehicles but also gear can be changed
Bug fixes

• Like 1

new release!

Bases now have walls (experimental, toggleable)
Fixed AI jump on stuck feature was broken
Other fixes/changes

• Like 1

New release!

Improved the base wall script
HQ does not create walls anymore
Made more room for base entrances

• Like 1

Nice mission! I've been playing it for several hours, liked it a lot, although found some issues.

1. Somehow I can't buy any vehicles at all — the vehicle list is just empty. Even if they all are researched. AI buys tanks and other vehicles.

2. Airdrop always drops me significantly off-target. Since it flies so fast, when I get ejected even few seconds after target, I end up 500-700 meters away. If airdropping on a peninsula, it often ends with falling into sea, because altitude is not enough to steer back to the land. And if I eject right above target voluntarily, I fall down without a parachute and die. 🙂

3. Traits about "building sandbags" and "building medical tent" seem to be broken. Soldier performs the action, but no sandbags or tent appear on the ground. Tried to do it in a FOB, outside FOB, in a town, outside town, etc.

4. Stratis mission doesn't launch. When I try to host a server with this mission, Arma3 gets closed with this error message:
File steamMPMisssion\__cur.mp.Stratis\mission.sqm, line 0: '.path': '\' encountered instead of '='

Thx for your reply @Aquila (DayZ)🙂

You can't buy vehicles at any point of the game? 

Which map your playing on, and which mod?

Btw I cant figure why Stratis isn't working for you, it works for me....

thx!

I played with only one other mod installed besides FOW Mod. The other one is Simple MapTools — https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012709671/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410&browsefilter=mysubscriptions&p=6

In my previous experience, it didn't cause any trouble with anything, since it only adds a couple of functions to the map interface.

Tried FOW missions on Altis and Malden. Neither allowed me to order any vehicles, the list stayed empty, played for about 2 hours.

Downloaded Stratis mission from Steam — https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012709671/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410&browsefilter=mysubscriptions

Edited by Aquila (DayZ)

@Aquila (DayZ) ok that's strange. I did test run with dedi and malden map and the buying worked. You just gotta be in FOB to buy. Can't figure right now why it isn't working for you... 😕

Tried Tanoa mission right now, disabled that map tools mod. Set all vehicles available from the start in mission parameters. Spawned at FOB, went into the menu, and the vehicle list is still empty. So I can buy only infantry, CSAT / CSAT Pacific for OPFOR, or NATO / NATO Pacific for BLUFOR side.

I'm not running a dedicated server, but should that be an issue?

3 minutes ago, Aquila (DayZ) said:

I'm not running a dedicated server, but should that be an issue?

nope

Also, for the clarity — in the Mod selection parameter, I chose Apex, since I have this DLC, and didn't install any other mod.

@Aquila (DayZ)

sounds good. you could try deleting your user profile variables to reset the mission parameters to default. I mean the file "YOURUSERNAME.vars.Arma3Profile" in your user profile folder. or just cut and paste it so that you will be able to restore your variables

also I hope you haven't unpacked the mod .pbo to arma folder because loose files can cause this type of problems

I cut the file in my user profile folder, hosted a server with Altis map, left all mission parameters default — and the vehicles appeared in the menu.

Tried Malden map — same thing, it worked.

Medical tents are still not spawning when I try to install it. Stratis map still causes an erroneous crash.

Btw, noticed the message in the BattlEye section of the Arma launcher — it says that 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\1981883271\FieldOfWar_x64.dll' is blocked from loading.

Disabled the BattlEye, tried again. The only quick difference I saw was that frontlines started to render on the map. Medical tents are not spawning.

2 minutes ago, Aquila (DayZ) said:

I cut the file in my user profile folder, hosted a server with Altis map, left all mission parameters default — and the vehicles appeared in the menu.

Tried Malden map — same thing, it worked.

oh great, so it was some bad mission parameter, maybe corrupted vars file or incompatibility between parameters.

4 minutes ago, Aquila (DayZ) said:

Medical tents are still not spawning when I try to install it. Stratis map still causes an erroneous crash.

you mean the medical trait doesn't work? 

stratis working for me...

I need to send another message to BattlEye to allow loading of the .dll 🙂

thx for your help! 

18 minutes ago, gc8 said:

you mean the medical trait doesn't work? 

Yes — I use the action to install the tent after I purchase the trait. Animation is displayed, but the tent doesn't appear. Same with the sandbags trait.

Thanks for the fast help!

Just now, Aquila (DayZ) said:

Yes — I use the action to install the tent after I purchase the trait. Animation is displayed, but the tent doesn't appear. Same with the sandbags trait.

Thanks for the fast help!

do you hold down space until the build is finished?

I fixed the Stratis crash issue. It must have been a corrupted file

3 hours ago, gc8 said:

do you hold down space until the build is finished?

I hold it until the spinner circle is complete and animation is complete (soldier puts the weapon on the back and crouches, then gets back to previous stance and holds the weapon in hands).

Sometimes it looks like the tent (or something, it's hard to tell) appears for a very brief moment, split of a second, and disappears. But I can't tell for sure because it's so brief.

1 hour ago, gc8 said:

I fixed the Stratis crash issue. It must have been a corrupted file

Updated it from Steam, and now mission starts successfully. Thanks for the fix!

2 minutes ago, Aquila (DayZ) said:

I hold it until the spinner circle is complete and animation is complete (soldier puts the weapon on the back and crouches, then gets back to previous stance and holds the weapon in hands).

Sometimes it looks like the tent (or something, it's hard to tell) appears for a very brief moment, split of a second, and disappears. But I can't tell for sure because it's so brief.

that's strange i tested both traits and they worked. what could it be 🤔 

Btw, how big is the maximum carry weight boost for the related trait? Didn't find much details about traits in the manual.

Does the weight trait have any meaning if the A3 stamina feature is disabled in the mission parameters?

Not sure how the vehicle repair trait works, since I couldn't buy any vehicles until yesterday :)) Will give it a try when I can play long enough.

I'm really curious – can I repair any damage or just minor, is number of repairs limited in any way or not, does it require a toolkit in the inventory, etc.

Also, I plan to play with friends on the upcoming holidays. They have basic Arma3 from Steam, without Apex DLC. Will they be able to join and play the mission, if Apex is chosen in the parameters?

It's problematic for me to setup a game with RHS mod, because RHS mods are too big, just don't have enough free space to download all of them.

2 hours ago, Aquila (DayZ) said:

Btw, how big is the maximum carry weight boost for the related trait? Didn't find much details about traits in the manual.

Does the weight trait have any meaning if the A3 stamina feature is disabled in the mission parameters?

A very good point, I forgot that the disabled stamina makes the carry more trait useless.

But anyway the trait makes your gear weight 25% less

2 hours ago, Aquila (DayZ) said:

Not sure how the vehicle repair trait works, since I couldn't buy any vehicles until yesterday :)) Will give it a try when I can play long enough.

I'm really curious – can I repair any damage or just minor, is number of repairs limited in any way or not, does it require a toolkit in the inventory, etc.

There's no fix limit. you just point to vehicle you want to repair and use the fix action

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aquila (DayZ) said:

Also, I plan to play with friends on the upcoming holidays. They have basic Arma3 from Steam, without Apex DLC. Will they be able to join and play the mission, if Apex is chosen in the parameters?

I'm told this is possible but they cannot play in Tanoa map

• Like 1