gc8

Field of war [CTI] [SP/MP]

Hey there gc8.  Played the latest version and it is playing well.  After about an hour of playing however, the enjoyment at the start (intense fighting, rapid captures etc) really slows down, as troops are tasked with a new objective many miles away - meaning they are running to the new objective.  The troops that I see 'Defending' don't really serve a purpose that I've seen as there is no real counterattack that happens.  It there a way to choose a direction for the army to push (until all areas are captured) then a reset is pressed, and the troops get back on transport to the new vector?

Still not seeing reviving going on - plenty of personal healing with FAK but no reviving.

10 hours ago, kremator said:

After about an hour of playing however, the enjoyment at the start (intense fighting, rapid captures etc) really slows down, as troops are tasked with a new objective many miles away - meaning they are running to the new objective.

that is understandable because the more troops there are the slower it gets, one way to fix this is to allow less groups to exist from the parameters

The troops that I see 'Defending' don't really serve a purpose that I've seen as there is no real counterattack that happens. 

Yes they are positioned there so that players can't just walk in and capture the place

It there a way to choose a direction for the army to push (until all areas are captured) then a reset is pressed, and the troops get back on transport to the new vector?

Not really, I wanted the AI com to handle the troop movement so that player wouldn't have to... only troops that have transport will use it

Still not seeing reviving going on - plenty of personal healing with FAK but no reviving.

Didn't yet have the time to test that, will try soon...

thx for the reply kremator I will keep working on those fixes 🙂

New bug fix release!

Fixed traits did not work after respawn
Fixed bug when player could not buy anything

AI com prefers infantry instead of mobile unit for defense 

Other changes...

Hopefully got lot of bugs handled and didn't break anything 🙂

12 hours ago, gc8 said:

Yes they are positioned there so that players can't just walk in and capture the place

Sorry, I meant my friendly troops seem to be on 'defence' duty when the AI don't counterattack .... or am I missing something?

Will checkout the new version.  Cheers mate !

Sorry, I meant my friendly troops seem to be on 'defence' duty when the AI don't counterattack .... or am I missing something?

you mean the AI com friendly troops or your squad units?

The AI com puts groups on defense in every town

Fixed some bugs

What's new:

Filtered some unwanted men from buy list
Some GUI icons were not showing like the eat and drink icons
Other small changes

• Like 1

Hi

This is maybe the wrong place to ask because I guess it is more a server problem than a problem with your mission, but I would appreciate some help.

I tried to run your mission on a dedicated server with Ubuntu. Server is crashing with the following error:

Include file fow\initMission.sqf not found

The mod itself got loaded properly, but I needed to rename it due to Linux-Servers not liking mods starting with capital letters and I just renamed it to "@fow".

The mission files and mod were both downloaded from steam and copied to the server via shh.

Looking at the error message itself, Linux probably also does not interpret the "\" as a subfolder?

Any ideas what I could do?

1 hour ago, UnsafeMutablePointer said:

The mod itself got loaded properly, but I needed to rename it due to Linux-Servers not liking mods starting with capital letters and I just renamed it to "@fow".

Linux huh, got to say I haven't tried it with linux my self. But in linux the file names are case sensitive, so if you changed the folder from FOW to fow then that's one problem (And the reason it doesn't find initMission.sqf) Edit: not sure if that's a problem...

i didn't know linux  server doesn't like capital letters... Wish I could help you more but I know so little about linux servers. One thing I can do for future releases is to change the mod folder name to lowercase

please let me know if you need any other changes.

thx!

Thanks for the reply. No need to rename your mod - this is a hassle Linux Server Users are going through with many other mods too and renaming is even recommended on bis official server setup guide.

Mission works if I localy host it on my Window machine, which of course is not what I aim for. I might test it on a localy hosted Linux machine to further isolate what is wrong.

Anyone else tried the mission on a Linux server?

@UnsafeMutablePointer I'm trying to figure this out but like i said I know little of linux servers but I have been asking around about this. hopefully someone can help 🙂

Ok made a new AI medic revive script! revive should be working now

The way it works is when you go down any medic within 200 meters can come to your rescue

• Like 1

I just realized there is at least one bug with the new revive, the script is looking for medics from inside of vehicles as well and this of course won't work as they cant move.

So remember to get your medics out of vehicle if you want them to heal you

Will fix this bug later..

Ok I improved the medic handling regarding vehicles

The medic should now exit it's vehicle and player is also ejected from vehicle for the healing process

• Like 1

Just started getting into this mission the other day but something happened since you updated it in that as soon as you start the mission it ends immediately with a Mission Completed 

6 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Just started getting into this mission the other day but something happened since you updated it in that as soon as you start the mission it ends immediately with a Mission Completed 

Did it not show any reason why the mission ended?

No it just says Mission Completed and that’s it - the way it would in an editor if you set an End trigger to Opfor Not Present in a radius and the enemy hadn’t spawned yet

1 hour ago, froggyluv said:

No it just says Mission Completed and that’s it - the way it would in an editor if you set an End trigger to Opfor Not Present in a radius and the enemy hadn’t spawned yet

That's strange. Did you run in dedi or at least in MP?

which map?

which mod set (Apex,RHS, etc)?

do you still have the .rpt file?

4 hours ago, gc8 said:

That's strange. Did you run in dedi or at least in MP?

which map?

which mod set (Apex,RHS, etc)?

do you still have the .rpt file?

Dont have access to Dedi so yes I just Host a Lan and play MP missions there. Using both Altis and Utes both worked fine before the last update but now both do the same quick ending. Before i was using a variety of mods but have since removed all cept FOW and CBA

Heres the rpt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xfdfv5ocjdb7ul/Arma3_x64_2021-11-08_12-38-41.rpt?dl=0

32 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Dont have access to Dedi so yes I just Host a Lan and play MP missions there. Using both Altis and Utes both worked fine before the last update but now both do the same quick ending. Before i was using a variety of mods but have since removed all cept FOW and CBA

Heres the rpt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xfdfv5ocjdb7ul/Arma3_x64_2021-11-08_12-38-41.rpt?dl=0

Ok it seems i broke the mod loading while I was working on new stuff. i reverted the steam file to previous version so you can play with that while I fix this bug.

thx very much for reporting this 🙂

• Like 2

Sorry that I've not had time to test it out .... things are a little crazy with the job at the moment !

12 hours ago, kremator said:

Sorry that I've not had time to test it out .... things are a little crazy with the job at the moment !

no problem, I did test it my self but somehow the release got broken anyhow.

you have helped me a lot , thx for that 🙂

New version is up!

I fixed the bugs reported and hopefully the mission will play better now 🙂

Also I created a new admin menu that makes it easier to select which mod to play with and continue from save game if desired

To have the admin menu popup at mission start you must be logged in as admin

You will also get red texts if your current mod/world doesn't match the save game

Pic:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

HF! 🙂

• Like 1

Had to patch up the admin menu as it did not work in dedi. Hopefully it works now 😕 and please let me know if something doesn't, thx!

I noticed that JIP was broken with the new admin menu. fixed now. The new admin menu sure is tricky to get working but I hope there aren't many more bugs left 🙂