gc8

Field of war [CTI] [SP/MP]

Ok I was finally able to fix the ghosting bug...

Here's new version (0.9.13 RC5) for those who want to test: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1teUEn182PrtCg7RNZYLtMIfnIFebjAEc/view?usp=sharing 

I also added arma version check to make sure you have the right version to run this mod/mission

Plus other tweaks...

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 2:18 PM, gc8 said:

Ok I was finally able to fix the ghosting bug...

Woop!  What was causing it?

7 hours ago, kremator said:

Woop!  What was causing it?

link here:: 

🙂

New release!

What's new:

Fixed:

Side missions was not working

Food & drink texts were not updating

Rewrote the AI attacking code to work better with limited attackers/units

AI shooting at ghosts

Other fixes

Tweaked:

Less rubberbanding and lag spikes (hopefully)

New:

Player now earns trait points on level up

Traits include: Vehicle lockpicking, place sandbags, place respawn/medical tent, able to carry more

Also toggling owned vehicle lock is now possible

Player income can now be changed from parameters (under Difficulty)

Note: I had to change the mission name a bit so you might have to delete the old mission folder to get the newest version

• Like 1

Another bug fix release

Fixed: Vehicles could sometimes spawn to wrong position

• Like 1

Any chance you could add a parameter to turn off Fatigue? I never liked this in ArmA, and at the moment I'm using a mod to disable it. But it would be better if one had the chance to turn it off in the mission parameters.

Also, it seems that restricting Gear and Vehicles has no effect on the AI. I'm playing your mission with RHS Units, and no matter which option I choose, the AI will have Bradley mechanized troops right from the start. This way they usually don't encounter much resistance and clear the first few towns pretty fast.

I would prefer it if the AI groups, while still being mobile, would use lighter armed vehicles like trucks, HMMWVs or other wheeled APC's for transport in the beginning. They could upgrade to better vehicles later, when they're either researched our they have enough money to afford them.

The mission (Altis) runs good on a dedi server, when I lower attackers, defenders etc. below the 100% default settings. 

13 hours ago, hottehotte said:

Any chance you could add a parameter to turn off Fatigue? I never liked this in ArmA, and at the moment I'm using a mod to disable it. But it would be better if one had the chance to turn it off in the mission parameters.

Also, it seems that restricting Gear and Vehicles has no effect on the AI. I'm playing your mission with RHS Units, and no matter which option I choose, the AI will have Bradley mechanized troops right from the start. This way they usually don't encounter much resistance and clear the first few towns pretty fast.

I would prefer it if the AI groups, while still being mobile, would use lighter armed vehicles like trucks, HMMWVs or other wheeled APC's for transport in the beginning. They could upgrade to better vehicles later, when they're either researched our they have enough money to afford them.

The mission (Altis) runs good on a dedi server, when I lower attackers, defenders etc. below the 100% default settings. 

Sure I can add fatigue parameter, not a big thing

I started working on what you said that AI vehicles should follow the research restrictions.

Also very glad the mission is running well for you and that you found the right parameters

thx for your reply 🙂

• Like 1

New version

Ai commander now follows research restrictions (toggleable)
Player fatigue can be disabled
Other small fixes

If something doesn't work please let me know 🙂

Great, I'll test this right away.

Many thanks for taking care of my requests / suggestions so fast!

• Thanks 1

Hi there gc8.  I know that we are meant to run this in a dedi environment, but when hosting locally, I keep getting the error

CNQ ERROR: g799: pos nil 600 UNKNOWN

Is that important?  Keeps repeating.

@kremator Well I don't know how often you get that error? And is it from the beginning or later in game? It maybe just a small thing that has no effect.. I will keep my eyes open if it happens with me 🙂

thx for reporting!

Okay, played the new version yesterday, and in general everything was working fine. I didn't experience any error messages like kremator did, but then again I'm running the mission on a dedicated server, so maybe that's the simple explanation.

I did restart the mission a few times just to check about the upgrades / progression of the AI teams, and in one instance I noticed a Fighter Jet in the sky just less than 5 minutes after mission start. I myself wasn't able to purchase any fixed wing aircraft, but it seems the Commander or AI in general was able to do so. Not sure if this is intended or a bug.

Would it be possible to make the Artillery support system upgradedable too? I usually play on the western side, with RHS mod, so the Commander always has the M109 Paladin right from the beginning. And he makes good use of it right from the start on. Many times he ordered Arty strikes on the Resistance in the towns surrounding main basecamp. I really like it. I'm just wondering if the self propelled howitzers could be an upgrade option and only mortars or similar things would be available at mission start.

Placement of the resistance MG bunkers (the bigger ones with sandbags all around) sometimes is problematic. Several times I noticed them stuck in walls, sometimes only a little bit, sometimes the wall was splitting the bunker in half. Seems the placement logic isn't working perfect all the time.

Had a problem with vehicle maintenance yesterday. The turret of my Bradley IFV was badly damaged, with the main gun out of service. After using vehicle maintenace at the nearest base I was able to select the main gun again, but the damage to the turret was still there, so I couldn't position the gun correctly. I had to repair the vehicle myself using the repair trait from the options menu to completely fix the vehicle. Could you add Engineer units to the availble unit list, so I could buy some support if I need it?  

That's all my thoughts for now. Still having lots of fun playing this CTI. Keep it up!

12 hours ago, hottehotte said:

I didn't experience any error messages like kremator did, but then again I'm running the mission on a dedicated server, so maybe that's the simple explanation.

the error messages (if any) would in this case go to the server .rpt file

I myself wasn't able to purchase any fixed wing aircraft, but it seems the Commander or AI in general was able to do so. Not sure if this is intended or a bug.

That's actually because I forgot to add the research restrictions to the CAS / air support planes the AI com buys. And I'm not sure if I should because then the AI can't buy any air (at start)...

Would it be possible to make the Artillery support system upgradedable too? I usually play on the western side, with RHS mod, so the Commander always has the M109 Paladin right from the beginning. And he makes good use of it right from the start on. Many times he ordered Arty strikes on the Resistance in the towns surrounding main basecamp. I really like it. I'm just wondering if the self propelled howitzers could be an upgrade option and only mortars or similar things would be available at mission start.

Maybe I could make only mortars available from start but that depends if all the supported mods have mortars

Placement of the resistance MG bunkers (the bigger ones with sandbags all around) sometimes is problematic. Several times I noticed them stuck in walls, sometimes only a little bit, sometimes the wall was splitting the bunker in half. Seems the placement logic isn't working perfect all the time.

Yeah I noticed this too, it still needs work. 

Had a problem with vehicle maintenance yesterday. The turret of my Bradley IFV was badly damaged, with the main gun out of service. After using vehicle maintenace at the nearest base I was able to select the main gun again, but the damage to the turret was still there, so I couldn't position the gun correctly. I had to repair the vehicle myself using the repair trait from the options menu to completely fix the vehicle. Could you add Engineer units to the availble unit list, so I could buy some support if I need it?  

Ok I will check what's the deal with that. the maintance should fully repair the vehicle.

And I will add those engineers

thx for your reply 🙂

Can confirm that 'Vehicle Maintenance' isn't working correctly.  On a dedi server now I found that a Blackfoot, that had a damaged MROT wasn't fixed on the addaction.

Have you thought about adding in AI revive for players/other wounded AI?

12 hours ago, kremator said:

Have you thought about adding in AI revive for players/other wounded AI?

There is revive script.. but is it not working? It's the only thing in the mission not written by me

thx for the reply 🙂

On 9/22/2021 at 8:17 AM, gc8 said:

There is revive script.. but is it not working? It's the only thing in the mission not written by me

thx for the reply 🙂

I've never had any AI revive me, nor seen any AI revive other AI.

12 hours ago, kremator said:

I've never had any AI revive me, nor seen any AI revive other AI.

hmm but you have the revive enabled from the parameters?

23 hours ago, gc8 said:

hmm but you have the revive enabled from the parameters?

I also never experienced AI reviving me, and I can confirm that I had the option enabled. What are the requirements for this feature to work? Does the AI have to be within your command group, or can any AI which is in the near vicinity perform the action? Does the AI need some special equipment?

25 minutes ago, hottehotte said:

I also never experienced AI reviving me, and I can confirm that I had the option enabled. What are the requirements for this feature to work? Does the AI have to be within your command group, or can any AI which is in the near vicinity perform the action? Does the AI need some special equipment?

Have to say I don't know because it's not my script. Link to the script: revive

I do recall testing it and it did work then... it could be incompatible with respawning

Not seen any AI healing at all.  May need a little look.  (side player) would be the ideal default option for 'bros' - for those of us with no friends 😉

30 minutes ago, kremator said:

Not seen any AI healing at all.  May need a little look.  (side player) would be the ideal default option for 'bros' - for those of us with no friends 😉

I will put that on my todo list so that I won't forget the check it out

thx guys 🙂

Ok i fixed the vehicle maintenance (hopefully?) among other reported bugs.

I rewrote the man buy list code to allow engineers there. And a lot of other new men like crew or pilot. (And then maybe some unnecessary 🙂 )

I updated IFA3 and RHS mods to support more static weapons like mortar which works as level 1 artillery. And fixed some bugs

Still the other mods need more work

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 12:37 PM, gc8 said:

Ok i fixed the vehicle maintenance (hopefully?) among other reported bugs.

I rewrote the man buy list code to allow engineers there. And a lot of other new men like crew or pilot. (And then maybe some unnecessary 🙂 )

I updated IFA3 and RHS mods to support more static weapons like mortar which works as level 1 artillery. And fixed some bugs

Still the other mods need more work

Nice, much appreciated!

I'll give it a try hopefully still during this weekend.