gc8

Field of war [CTI] [SP/MP]

Will test later mate. 

I started with all vehicles allowed at the start (in params) but only ever bobcat shows up. Also no aircraft (so I have to be at a captured airport?) 

When the mines are fired (they are silent BTW) there are no East Close at all (how would they know where I am). 

Server performance drops to around 20fps about an hour in then starts to drop further (especially on unit spawn). Could it be things like that huge vehicle gathering I saw? Any way to check if a vehicle hasn't moved for 10mins then delete it? 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, kremator said:

I started with all vehicles allowed at the start (in params) but only ever bobcat shows up. Also no aircraft (so I have to be at a captured airport?) 

hmmm everything should be buyable in FOB except the aircraft that needs FOB at airfield or carrier

When the mines are fired (they are silent BTW) there are no East Close at all (how would they know where I am). 

Well they probably do as script commands returns targets they have never seen...

Server performance drops to around 20fps about an hour in then starts to drop further (especially on unit spawn). Could it be things like that huge vehicle gathering I saw? Any way to check if a vehicle hasn't moved for 10mins then delete it? 

one way to fix this is to reduce the max units Multipliers in params

I guess they have lot of vehicles defending (but if no enemy is near they should become hidden)

Edit: You should also be able to check the max unit limits in the debug menu (You get to there via map)

Haven't seen any ghost firing - great news !   Ranks seems to be working now.

I've noticed that, even though only 2 towns are meant to be active at any time, the AI commander keeps sending some troops to take other towns (and they start spawning troops) ... design or bug ?

Is there a way to allow your commanded vehicles (like choppers etc) to rearm/repair - even though I'm not inside ?  I tried to send a couple of blackfoots to the enemy positions and they quickly ran out of ammo ... couldn't rearm them.

2 hours ago, kremator said:

Haven't seen any ghost firing - great news !   Ranks seems to be working now.

great! 😄

I've noticed that, even though only 2 towns are meant to be active at any time, the AI commander keeps sending some troops to take other towns (and they start spawning troops) ... design or bug ?

Only two towns? No there's no such option. There's the number of startup towns parameter though. But number towns the AI com tries to capture is not limited. In fact the side with all towns wins 

Is there a way to allow your commanded vehicles (like choppers etc) to rearm/repair - even though I'm not inside ?  I tried to send a couple of blackfoots to the enemy positions and they quickly ran out of ammo ... couldn't rearm them.

I will add that to todo list

thx 🙂

LOL .. I thought it only took 2 towns at a time ... perhaps that is an parameter to cut down on excessive troops spawning ?

Still no slammers to buy 😞

4 minutes ago, kremator said:

I thought it only took 2 towns at a time

The AI com will focus on 2 towns at a time , yes. but it will attack more towns once those are captured. (this can be adjusted from params)

5 minutes ago, kremator said:

perhaps that is an parameter to cut down on excessive troops spawning ?

What params you can try (under performance):

• "Multiplier for the maximum locations attacked at a time %"
  • "Multiplier for the maximum defenders at a time %"
  • "Multiplier for the maximum battle groups at a time %"

If those wont help then there's bug in AI buying or something

7 minutes ago, kremator said:

Still no slammers to buy 😞

Did you check another category Nato (Pacific) - they are hidden under there 🙂

Found the slammer ... now happy 🙂

Anyway, even though I have persistent battlefield set on my dedi, when I left and came back to the same slot I still had my vehicle .... so far so good.  Server FPS was a good 16-18 .. so that is fine.  Apart from recon choppers and the ocassional jet there wasn't very much movement from any troops.  Most had nothing (where the orders should be) or if they did have an order they just sat there.  Took some screenies....

D676EE8068677F7A59282C93E9A1A1477154EE1B

Mods are running btw 🙂  Below morale there is normally an order ... lots had nothing there.

765D56C00F2F0D2AC7A2E319869375718D023100

You can just about see the soldier from above 10o'clock from the top APC.

@kremator So nothing moves after persistent resume? Honestly I am not expert when it comes to persistent and don't know what needs to be done. So I'll just have to start learning that 🙂

thx for reporting!

There was very little movement (if at all), after leaving the server for about 30 mins then coming back.  Normally having persistence on means that the mission just keeps going.  Not sure what the AI commander is doing.

I've not actually SEEN enemy getting into emplacements since the new version.  I've seen my own troops enter static guns in the base, but that is about it.

1 hour ago, kremator said:

I've not actually SEEN enemy getting into emplacements since the new version.  I've seen my own troops enter static guns in the base, but that is about it.

sorry broke it lol.. fixing...

Testing ....

EDIT >>> bad news ... ghost firing is back!  So it is to do with enemy statics.  The APC was firing THROUGH the ruins to get to the emplacement behind.

C87A9889D964868CBFE57AB6BA86845CC70AFCF6

The new gear buying is nice - although it will NOT allow you to save a loadout (no name given) and therefore not able to rebuy.

When I first joined the game, I was immediately killed by my own AI running over me.... this meant that on respawn there was an empty Menu, and no access to any support.  When I left game and came back in another slot it was fixed.  Something to do with initialisation now complete first time ?

EDIT >>> bad news ... ghost firing is back!  So it is to do with enemy statics.  The APC was firing THROUGH the ruins to get to the emplacement behind.

maybe that's not ghost firing then? I mean it had a valid target

3 hours ago, kremator said:

The new gear buying is nice - although it will NOT allow you to save a loadout (no name given) and therefore not able to rebuy.

Did you type in name? you are supposed to type it before clicking save

3 hours ago, kremator said:

When I first joined the game, I was immediately killed by my own AI running over me.... this meant that on respawn there was an empty Menu, and no access to any support.  When I left game and came back in another slot it was fixed.  Something to do with initialisation now complete first time ?

have to look into it

thx!

The emplacement was empty .. no enemy in it at all.

Wasn't able to type anything in the box for saving - I did try.

2 minutes ago, kremator said:

The emplacement was empty .. no enemy in it at all.

still hoping it would be something else but let me know if it happens again

3 minutes ago, kremator said:

Wasn't able to type anything in the box for saving - I did try.

strange, it's working here

will try and figure it out

New release!

What's new:

Faster gear menu
Fixed AI shooting at ghosts
FoW menu entry should now show up
Artillery no longer fires mines
And other changes/bug fixes

• Like 1

New Release!

What's new:

Fixed gear menu loadout save/load
Added support for long range radios in IFA3 & Unsung mods

• Like 1

New release!

What's new:

Player needs to eat & drink
Enemy spawn distance can now be tweaked
Airfields have service poins (Also at the flag)
Day & night length can be changed
Fixed: Soldier deletion bug
other changes / fixes

Note: This mission is still work in progress so if you encounter any crashes/bugs please report. Thx!

• Like 1

If you guys have experienced performance problems check out the renewed optimization guide (In first post) that has some good tips for bringing the FPS to reasonable level.

I opened a small test server if someone wants to play. The mission is vanilla/apex arma

Address:   5.83.171.202:23000 server closed

When starting the mission please allow up to minute to let the server load at start (Should be pretty lagless after that)

have fun!

• Like 1

Next version can be downloaded and tested from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wzRvJZHcug25lSPe8NpClHD6qjVa2krP/view

What's new in this version:

Rusher AI no longer buys infantry but only motorized units

Enemy groups should spawn if you shoot at them (if not already spawned)

There's now animation if units jump due to being stuck

Map now shows the combat strength of locations where your side is

I'm currently looking for people to help beta test the mission so if you can report bugs that would be great! 🙂

• Like 2

Hi @gc8,

I've been subscribed to your mission for a long time but could not dive into Arma 3 for years for some reason. Now, started to play the campaign and want to play some custom missions.

The idea behind this one looks perfect to me.

Played just about 20 minutes yesterday in single player. Didn't encounter bugs but can give some feedback questions:

1) The AI started great with attacking cities with air and transport units. So great to see it after I saw that such a basic staff is missing from the official Warlords missions where AI doesn't use transports.

But in both games I started those transports and were ambushed and shot when they entered the cities. Wouldn't it be better to make the AI unload units close to the cities and attack on foot? If the transport could be re-used - would be even better but I guess it's too hard for the AI to manage sending it after reinforcements.

2) A played just as a squad leader, not a commander but the money income was huge right from the start. Personally, I prefer a much slower development where you would really consider the loadout you buy and the skill level of the soldiers you hire. Again, I guess the issue here could be with the AI as they would waste the money and it would be hard for them to manage their balance. Still, would be great if there was an option (unless I missed it) where you could set the multiplier for the income. I would prefer to set it to 25%. As for AI, may be make 2 types of buying behavior: a) the current default one. b) savings. If they have less than 8k, for example, they just buy a jeep, 2 extra units and proceed with their tasks. This way, they would be saving the money until they can go to option a)

For anyone willing to try this mission in Single player, using the dedicated server is must. The performance gain is huge. I used this TADS tool to set it up.