gc8

Field of war [CTI] [SP/MP]

7 minutes ago, pokemon77 said:

I really want to play this mission, looking promising but can You put mod file on dropbox or something, I don't use Steam?..

Everything is on steam, the mod and the mission files you need. Sorry too much hassle to upload everything :shrug:

New release!

Now with RHS support

And bug fixes!

I'm also looking for beta testers so if there's anyone willing please let me know :)

thx!

• Like 1

New release!

What's new:

Redid some UI (Custom layout possible)
Remote actions require radio (Feature toggle able)
This mod is no longer dependant on other mods

Also was able to make it little faster

• Like 1

New version:

Player can now do various of side missions!

Also some bug fixes 

• Like 1

Having problems with Steam and bloody workshop.  It is such a nightmare running the server with steam files .... as a special favour mate, could you put up a googledrive (or dropbox, dont care) with the mod and mission ?

3 minutes ago, kremator said:

Having problems with Steam and bloody workshop.  It is such a nightmare running the server with steam files .... as a special favour mate, could you put up a googledrive (or dropbox, dont care) with the mod and mission ?

Are you using TADST? I have no problem setting it up with TADST, as it allows setting mod folders...

Yes, using TADST... it is finding the bloody folder that is the problem.  Which manifest file, content folder etc .... it isnt straightforward.  have my server all ready to test and everything 😉

2 minutes ago, kremator said:

Yes, using TADST... it is finding the bloody folder that is the problem.  Which manifest file, content folder etc .... it isnt straightforward.  have my server all ready to test and everything 😉

Hmm usually the mod folder can be found in the steam arma installation folder. It' hidden folder there called "!Workshop". 

^^ downloading now and testing 🙂  MANY THANKS !  Hate bloody steam for Arma3. 

Dont worry about packing them .... I'm good in that respect

• Thanks 1

Mission is playing very well.

Have come across some strange things (running quite a few mods (on client, only CBA, lambs danger fsm and fow on server) but have never had the issues below)

1) when taking an area, it seems that EVERYONE is firing at some invisibles at the centre flag .. wierd. Will retry without lambs (but I've never seen that happen before with it)

2) was flying a blackfoot to support the push (needs to be more antiair BTW 🙂 ) when I landed at the base and got 'vehicle maintenance' addaction, nothing happen when i triggered it

3) while flying the blackfoot I kept getting the 'menu' addaction flashing on and off all the time.

Still testing ...

5 minutes ago, kremator said:

1) when taking an area, it seems that EVERYONE is firing at some invisibles at the centre flag .. wierd. Will retry without lambs (but I've never seen that happen before with it)

sounds strange have to say I haven't seen that my self...

2) was flying a blackfoot to support the push (needs to be more antiair BTW 🙂 ) when I landed at the base and got 'vehicle maintenance' addaction, nothing happen when i triggered it

it's supposed to instantly rearm, refuel and fix your vehicle

3) while flying the blackfoot I kept getting the 'menu' addaction flashing on and off all the time.

ah forgot that bug, fixing...

thx kremator :)

As long as you update the googledrive with fixes, I'm happy to test 🙂

12 hours ago, kremator said:

As long as you update the googledrive with fixes, I'm happy to test 🙂

ty kremator! You have been a great help already and I appreciate it . Will definitely upload the mod to drive in future. which is now possible because there is no mod dependencies :)

The flag shooting bug is really hard to understand but I believe I have seen something like that happen before. I don't yet know for sure if I was able to fix it but after a potential fix I went capturing town and no one shooted the flag...

new mod link for anyone who wants to help testing: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TCOo7uHBv_qDyQI-SbXr0iCPJIbk88dg

Testing new version ....  much better now - no ghost shooting that I've seen at targets. .... scratch that .. just witnessed a vehicle targetting an untaken flag 😞

One possible bug.  When you are killed, but you have taken a new place, you go into menu and try to buy a vehicle (I've changed the statup option to allow this) however, whereas before it would let me select all the other positions (driver, gunner and commander) but after respawn that disappears.

Oh final thing ... is it possible to get some exp for you when your troops kill (under your command) ?

FINAL FINAL thing .... you've got a lovely Save Loadout, but are you able to Load previous loadouts (via environmentspace - sorry if that isnt the right term!)

1 hour ago, kremator said:

One possible bug.  When you are killed, but you have taken a new place, you go into menu and try to buy a vehicle (I've changed the statup option to allow this) however, whereas before it would let me select all the other positions (driver, gunner and commander) but after respawn that disappears.

I will look into it, thx!

Oh final thing ... is it possible to get some exp for you when your troops kill (under your command) ?

yeah I can add that feature. maybe 25% of normal XP gain per team mate kill? And toggle able start up parameter for this

Edit: I took another glance at the code and it should already award you XP from team mate kills (25%)

FINAL FINAL thing .... you've got a lovely Save Loadout, but are you able to Load previous loadouts (via environmentspace - sorry if that isnt the right term!)

Currently the save loadout just saves your gear for next respawn. But I'm working on new gear menu where loadouts can be saved/loaded

The flag shooting thing is such a shame... I will try to figure it out ASAP (All ideas welcome)

thx, kremator 🙂

Edited by gc8
XP
  • Like 1

Thanks !  I've not seen any exp awarded from teammates so far... seems to be stuck on 0exp, even when I kill something.  Is this to do with it being hosted on a dedi server ?

Regarding the flag thing - you don't spawn an eney troop. then delete it (or hide it)?  Can't see why they shoot at the flag if it isnt an enemy vehicle.

Right ... back into game 🙂

18 minutes ago, kremator said:

seems to be stuck on 0exp, even when I kill something.  Is this to do with it being hosted on a dedi server ?

that's definitely a bug, thx fixing!

18 minutes ago, kremator said:

Regarding the flag thing - you don't spawn an eney troop. then delete it (or hide it)?  Can't see why they shoot at the flag if it isnt an enemy vehicle.

I think it would be big coincidence if there's something spawn every time on the flag

Edit: Also I think I found bug on the AI XP, fixing that too

Haven't yet figured the flag shooting out but one thing to try is disabling the "Use Revive" parameter as that script is not mine so I don't really know what it does

Will do.  MOAR testing today 🙂

I have noticed enemy troops just vanishing on an assault - is the cleanup too agressive?

38 minutes ago, kremator said:

I have noticed enemy troops just vanishing on an assault - is the cleanup too agressive?

hard to say but I think it maybe the AI were moved to gunner one of the static weapons in the town. That's why it looks like they vanish. But if it happens later after the initial spawn then it maybe a bug of some sort...

23 hours ago, kremator said:

I think this may not be a bug. in towns you can buy mostly just civilian vehicles or some light vehicles like quadbike but it's intentional that you cannot buy crew in towns. What you can buy is soldiers in the town if allowed by param

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gc8 said:

hard to say but I think it maybe the AI were moved to gunner one of the static weapons in the town. That's why it looks like they vanish. But if it happens later after the initial spawn then it maybe a bug of some sort...

Hmmm. Is it possible to make them run to the emplacement and getin gunner (rather than poofing).  It is really wierd that you'll be able to line up a shot and poof, gone.

4 minutes ago, kremator said:

Hmmm. Is it possible to make them run to the emplacement and getin gunner (rather than poofing).  It is really wierd that you'll be able to line up a shot and poof, gone.

Possible but they are supposed to be in the gun by time player reaches them. So if it's just about manning guns I can probably figure something out?