Sign in to follow this  
ANZACSAS Steven

Coding out AI reloadtime cap for infantry class weapons?

Devs please help!Tried everything..... Can i code out/around the  AI reloadtime cap for infantry class weapons??

Thanks for your quick reply.:)

The reloadtime is set to 0.066.The AIRateOfFire time is set to 0.0 for the example.All firemodes have the reloadtime defined.Even with 50 to 60 fps the ai wont/cant fire at the 0.07 rate(or even close really).I have tested AI using most mg's and assault rifles and the AI cant match the players firerate.

The context that i am wanting to use it in is for a burst sound file soundburst=1;.If the ai reloadtime cant be set correctly the burst sound file is way out of sync with the actual gun firing.

Any mounted gun i can and have done simply and quickly but the infantry class weapons wont behave as they should.

Hope that better explains it.

Thanks again.

Has anyone had time to look into this.I dont mean to waste ppl's time but this is a solid problem thats been ingame for awhile.

I assume there is no cap for reloadtime param for AI.I have been writing weapon configs since OFP and have contributed to the dev of Arma over the years.This is no silly error.

Please devs let me know if something has changed /been added or subtracted from the weapons config that influences the ai's firerate besides the reloadTime = "x"; and aiRateOfFire = 'x'';    ( delay between shots at given distance).

Have you tried using burst for close range? There is aiBurstTerminable = 1; param for terminating burst when target is dead/out of sight

reyhard thanks for the reply.

Yes m8 i have experimented with that and its a nice new addition but it only controls the termination of the burst.Close range or far the ai isnt responding as specified.I might write up an addon isolating a specific A3 Vanilla weapon to refer to more easily.Leave it with me guys.i'll repost once i get a moment to write it up.Got a mod iam tryn to get out for the weekend.:)

Thanks again.:)