// escape menu opened
		_abortButton =(findDisplay 49)displayCtrl 104;
		_abortButton ctrlEnable false;
	};
}];

I don't believe that works

23 minutes ago, Belbo said:

#altf4

Try to be constructive when posting, your post offers no help to the subject of this thread.

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

Try to be constructive when posting, your post offers no help to the subject of this thread.

Yes it does. It establishes that even with a disabled abort button there's nothing won. Trying to hinder players from quitting a game should never, not ever, be achieved by disabling the function to close the program - that's the moment you interfere not with their game but with their system, which I find highly obtrusive and cocky.

If you want to hinder players from quitting willy-nilly you might want to look into some sort of persistency saving system (like in DayZ, where your player avatar would remain in the game world for a certain amount of time after quitting, or something like an auto ban if a firedNear-Event has been handled shortly before quitting). If none of that applies to you, you should rather keep your fingers from removing any meta game functions.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Belbo said:

Trying to hinder players from quitting a game should never, not ever, be achieved by disabling the function to close the program - that's the moment you interfere not with their game but with their system, which I find highly obtrusive and cocky.

Good point, agreed. I was only thinking about wether I could, not whether I should :t:

1 hour ago, Belbo said:

Yes it does. It establishes that even with a disabled abort button there's nothing won. Trying to hinder players from quitting a game should never, not ever, be achieved by disabling the function to close the program - that's the moment you interfere not with their game but with their system, which I find highly obtrusive and cocky.

If you want to hinder players from quitting willy-nilly you might want to look into some sort of persistency saving system (like in DayZ, where your player avatar would remain in the game world for a certain amount of time after quitting, or something like an auto ban if a firedNear-Event has been handled shortly before quitting). If none of that applies to you, you should rather keep your fingers from removing any meta game functions.

I do agree with what you have said about disabling the abort button. However if you had explained your post better instead of writing only #altf4 it would have made much more sense. 

• Like 1