Tkimball8

Radiation and Tutorial Confusion

So I noticed in the tutorial that the arrow for the radiation on the map doesn’t seem to be what I initially thought and need clarification or want to at least make my situation aware if more people are confused by it. When I joined an encounter and saw that the radiation arrow was pointed to the upper left (northwest) of the map. My initial thought was; “okay, the radiation is going to move from bottom right to upper left and follow the direction the arrow was pointing. But after seeing the tutorial image on this, it seemed to direct me otherwise. I haven’t been able to test it very well in game yet but I’m wondering if anyone else is having confusion on this? Maybe the tutorial graphic or radiation arrow could be change to show this more clearly?

Why would you even care and stay in the game when the lootbox is dropped?

I cant tell you because i never stay much longer in the game and i never died of radiation so you still have enough time to escape.

Concerning the arrow, i wondered what it stands for,  from my understanding the radiation immediately affects the whole area.

It always starts to crackle just seconds after the drop.

The direction of the radiation wave is randomised, the map arrow tells you the direction of the wave in the particular encounter.

It matters because then I can plan what exit to camp so that I can light you up on your way out.  And then steal your airdrop.

Lol i tailed a guy all the way to his exit and killed 2 people who were camped out near eachother but not aware of eachoter in a frantic confused firefight once we got there. Then a 3rd tail came up behind and shot at me so i killed him too while airdrop guy hid behind a rock. i looted all the bodies and i let him live, i just ran off to another exit and fired aimlessly into the sky to let him know he was safe because the guy was paralyzed in fear and stayed hidden for quite a while. I got loads of metal parts and ammo. An RPK, some heals, and a mosin and he got whatever was in his first airdrop, poor noob. If i was him id be having a stroke.

• Like 1