DyingWhisper

Infinite loading screen and CBRN

When I load into the server i get the infinite loading screen. Then i used the video 

i use the fix in this and it 'worked', i spawn but the MP loading screen is stuck up, and i can still hear my surroundings. I was also getting this error, 22:23:03 "[CBRN] Warning: 'CBRN_fnc_registerKeybinds' must be called on a client!", but other than that how do i fix this?

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
Removed offensive language/content

Sounds like a problem with a 3rd party script or mod. You should look into that.

Have you verified that if you're running without mods the problem persists? 

Ah, the wonders of Google. A literal 2 second search reveals that the CBRN Mod (created in 2016) is no longer supported. Additionally, the search shows that the most common problem encountered is the "infinite loading screen". This is followed by pastebin results showing servers running mods that are known to cause errors. 

The issue that you are having is not a result of anything that Bohemia have done (the game runs fine), but rather the mods (or as mentioned, scripts) that you are using.

Also, rather than first identifying the root cause by reducing the amount of variables present, you instead chose to apply " a hacky workaround" to a problem you have no idea about. This in and of itself could be causing even more problems. At no point have you listed your PC specs, OS version, etc. Neither have you included a full mod list (listed in order of loading) or where they were downloaded from (Steam vs Armaholic or somewhere else) or an .rpt file. All of this information is required to troubleshoot a problem. 

My advice to you is before you blame your woes on a supposedly "broken game" that you actually troubleshoot the problem first. If you don't understand the basics of troubleshooting, I have provided a link that covers the basics (a generic It related troubleshooting guide) https://www.spiceworks.com/it-articles/troubleshooting-steps/

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

@FallujahMedic -FM- Thank you for the insightful comment, i did infact get in touch with the people who are lending the servers, who figured out that it very much so was a serverside issue, even without mods. Turns out that it never saw the players as spawned in as the multiplayer servers files were corrupted. Thank you!

So your 'broken as fuck' comment, since removed by the moderator wasn't really justified, was it?

• Like 2