johnnyboy

Last Tango in Tanoa 2: Razing Cane [SP - Released!]

Last Tango in Tanoa - Episode 2:  Razing Cane is RELEASED !!!  :drinking2:It was a long hard road, but episode 2 is out now.

Episode 1 - Missing Person just made 5 stars on Steam.   Woohoo!

Episode 2 - Razing Cane Steam Link

Razing-Cane4-Stars.jpg

Episode 2 Steam Link here.

Features:

• Continues story from Episode 1
  • Bird shooting contest with El Cojon
  • Vehicle Chase sequence (very difficult to create in Arma!)
  • AI Melee attackers (will rush you and attack )
  • Shotguns destroy ferns, small bushes, sugar cane, and small palm trees
  • Jungle and cane field CQB
  • Fully voiced
  • Fully command-able JBOY dog who follows, swims, attacks, detects enemies, boards vehicles, etc.

Required ModsCBA_A3, RHSUSAF

Please rate and comment on Steam.  Enjoy!

Recommended:     Play "Last Tango in Tanoa: Episode 1 - Missing Person" first so you know the story.  And Rate it!

Credits:  I want to thank the following people:

• @XerXesCZ    for thorough/professional beta testing
  • @AZCoder for excellent beta testing and designer moral support
  • @POLPOX for his revive script
  •  @phronk  for excellent Melee script
  •  @M1ke_SK  for super cool Leak script
  • @soolie for excellent dog menu dialog
  • @Greenfist for PPEffects utility (a real time saver!)
  • RHS team for their awesome shotguns   
  • And I have to thank the usual rock stars for tons of help on the BI Forum: @Larrow  @Grumpy Old Man @pierremgi
  • And all those who helped with JBOY Dog that are credited on Jboy Dog Thread
  • And anybody I forgot!
  • And last, but not least, Mrs. JohnnyBoy for voice acting in the Arma 1 Last Tango in Bagango flashback!  She delivered that important dramatic line so exquisitely!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I'm looking for 3 Beta Test volunteers.  Help a brother out!  Contact me and I will PM you a link to the mission PBO. 

I took the summer off from scripting but worked hard on this the last month.   Looking forward to release..  :)

• Like 1

Congrats on your release! I hope everyone will enjoy playing your great mission as much as I did! 

• Thanks 1

This mission is Released and now available on Steam!!!  See top post.

I credited these folks in top post, but am doing it again here in case they aren't notified when mentioned via editing a post.

Credits:  I want to thank the following people:

• @XerXesCZ for thorough/professional beta testing
  • @AZCoder for excellent beta testing and designer moral support
  • @POLPOX for his revive script
  • @phronk for excellent Melee script
  • @M1ke_SK  for super cool Leak script
  • @soolie for excellent dog menu dialog
  • @Greenfist for PPEffects utility (a real time saver!)
  • RHS team for their awesome shotguns   
  • And I have to thank the usual rock stars for tons of help on the BI Forum:  @Larrow @GrumpyOldMan @pierremgi
  • And all those who helped with JBOY Dog that are credited on Jboy Dog Thread
  • And anybody I forgot!
  • And last, but not least, Mrs. JohnnyBoy for voice acting in the Arma 1 Last Tango in Bagango flashback!  She delivered that important dramatic line so exquisitely!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Congrats! I also appreciate the credit for using my script. ;-)

• Thanks 1

Just created a promo teaser video.  In it you can see snippets of the following scripts in action:

• Surgar Cane Cutter script (using an axe, will replace with a machete if I can find a good machete object)
  • Plant destruction script.  Shotguns will destroy some plants when shot at close range (ferns, bushes, sugar cane, small palm trees)
  • AI Melee Attack script.  This is a blend of @phronk's awesome melee script and my scripting to get AI to attack players.

I will work on releasing the scripts over the next few weeks.

• Like 3

Yeah Hi I was re-directed to this thread by the Society of Large Hairy Men Whom Love Sheep and other Small Farm Animals (and I mean REALLY love) and am hoping this mission delivers. That is all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nice! very good work! Your dog really adds a playability on Tanoa. The scenario is fine and the ambient life + dialog is well done. Nice the chase party on birds!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Yeah Hi I was re-directed to this thread by the Society of Large Hairy Men Whom Love Sheep and other Small Farm Animals (and I mean REALLY love) and am hoping this mission delivers. That is all.

You're killing me dude. :rofl:  I now have no regrets for what I perpetrated upon you in this mission.  Funny you should mention sheep cuz I gots plans...

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

Nice! very good work! Your dog really adds a playability on Tanoa. The scenario is fine and the ambient life + dialog is well done. Nice the chase party on birds!

Thanks for the kind words Pierre!  Don't forget to rate and comment on steam dude!  Thanks!

Another fun adventure, love the creativity! Look forward to #3.

• Thanks 1

Tanoan Horror Story

Wow, Cojon Jr campaign is progressing surprisingly intense!

Spoiler

So El Cojon finally found his nemesis, the man who "stole" half of his manhood... I guess the payback is coming! 8D maybe a showdown at dawn? We have dbo_horses so an old west chase... like horse pursuing horse... or even horses pursuing a train  is doable ;)

Anxious for Episode 3! Ay caraaaaamba!

Cheers

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Wow, Cojon Jr campaign is progressing surprisingly intense!

Gracias Corporal Libre!   I'm not even sure it how it will end yet...I have several ideas.  

3 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Tanoan Horror Story

That guy went to see Dr. Sanjay for an in-grown toe nail...  :wink_o:  Dammit, I might have to edit it to slip that joke in...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That guy went to see Dr. Sanjay for an in-grown toe nail...

DAAAAAMN...Tanoa needs a serious Obamacare...

Keep it coming JohnnyBoy, it just gets better and better :eyeheart:

And it´s Lib from "libélula" (dragonfly... a stupid nickname from a freshmen´s prank on college that stuck lol... and Libb is a patch for holding female breasts, so it kinda sounded nice afterwards lol) BR is from brazil... _br is dominating the webz (mostly as toxic as nigerian knucles but who am I to judge? ;)

I´m almost reinstalling ArmA1 just to replay that infamous Cojones mission... or do you plan on a remake or at least a "flashback mission"... ya know, Sahrani is on CUP maps so... hint hint

Cheers!

• Haha 1

Congrats on hitting the most popular list on Steam.

• Thanks 1

Hello JohnnyBoy, thanks much for another great mission of this series, I really enjoyed it.

Spoiler

The car chase was epic. It really felt like from some 70s, or 80s movie.
Alsow the part where Boomer was on Pc was very funny ;)

However I have experienced a bug at the sugarcane part.I didn't want to searsh it for the thugs, so I ordered Boomer to attack, which went well, but the second time I ordered him, he attacked one of our guys, who fired and wasted him... I loaded, tried it agein, but the same thing happend.

Ferthermore, the dog commanding sounds seem to be too silent. Any chance af boosting them up a bit?

Hi @SlovakianLynx.  Glad you liked the chase.  That is exactly the feel I was going for, and I used a 70s song by Isaac Hayes (same guy who did the song Shaft). 

Spoiler

And Boomer is a great dog, but you can't trust him unsupervised on the internet.  :)   Thanks much for the report.  Please rate and comment on steam as it helps get the mission noticed more.

Just now, SlovakianLynx said:

However I have experienced a bug at the sugarcane part

Regarding the bug:  Yes I should fix that, thanks for reporting it.  I think it only happens if player is looking directly at one of his team mates when player orders the attack.  Usually, right after Boomer growls because he detects the enemy, if you order attack he will go for the enemy he detected.  Its a bug with my dog script in general, and not this mission in particular.

I hope you still finished the mission?  There is a good final scene that advances the story for the next mission.  Hopefully your last autosave is right before entering the cane field.  You should be able to restart clean from there (unless you gave the attack order before the auto-save).  If you gave the attack order before the auto-save, cancel the attack by ordering him to Stay or Heel.

Ferthermore, the dog commanding sounds seem to be too silent. Any chance af boosting them up a bit?

I should boost the volume on those.  Maybe in next release of jboy dog.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, johnnyboy said:

That is exactly the feel I was going for, and I used a 70s song by Isaac Hayes (same guy who did the song Shaft).

Nice!

Thanks for explaining the bug! I played the mission agein and it really happens when you are looking in the direction of your teammate. I just didn't realise it before.

I gave the order after the autosave, So I was able to finish the mission succesfully.

• Like 1

Thanks for explaining the bug! I played the mission agein and it really happens when you are looking in the direction of your teammate. I just didn't realise it before.

I gave the order after the autosave, So I was able to finish the mission succesfully.

I'm glad you finished.  Regarding the "bug", I've known about the issue for awhile, and haven't decided whether its a "bug" yet.   Just like a player can choose to be a renegade and shoot friendly units, a player can choose to order his dog to attack friendly units (and pay the price for it).

• Like 1

Just now, johnnyboy said:

I'm glad you finished.  Regarding the "bug", I've known about the issue for awhile, and haven't decided whether its a "bug" yet.   Just like a player can choose to be a renegade and shoot friendly units, a player can choose to order his dog to attack friendly units (and pay the price for it).

Yep, but I missed something. How do you point the attack at the right person? Is this the closest units from Boomer?

Just now, pierremgi said:

Yep, but I missed something. How do you point the attack at the right person? Is this the closest units from Boomer?

He does not attack "closest units".  That would cause the "attack friendly" problem way too often.  

Attack works 2 ways: 

1) If Boomer has just detected an enemy (he stops and growls), then player can issue the attack command without looking directly at a unit, and boomer will attack the detected enemy.  Player does not have to see the unit to be attacked in this case.  This will never be a friendly unit he attacks.

...or...

2) Player looks directly at a unit (or at ground very near unit), and dog is ordered to attack that unit.

I play tested the Tango missions 100s of times, and only very rarely did I accidentally order him to attack a friend.

This discussion makes me think I should look at this logic, and change it to always attack detected enemy (if there is one) before choosing option 2 (attack unit looking at).  This should reduce chance of accidentally attacking friend.

BTW:  I have a friend who was a prison guard with a dog.  He told a story where other guards had a prisoner in a room that was crazy on drugs and went berserk.  There were 3 or 4 guards fighting him, and my friend's dog was straining to get in the fight, but he wouldn't let the dog go.  The other guards later asked why he didn't let the dog attack, and he said the fight was too crazy and there was no way to control who the dog would attack.  He was afraid for the safety of the guards in this case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yo JDawg - only in 1st part so far funny f'in dialogue but got a real problem with that Black dude at mission start..

Spoiler

..Dat dudes on YABA or what?? Shot him in the dome point blank with 2 clips but he's got a real bone to pick with me -is this how its supposed to play out cause i keep getting crowbarred to death -help me Dog! You too JDawg

Just now, froggyluv said:

but got a real problem with that Black dude at mission start..

you're crackin' me up dude...glad you're trying it...

Spoiler

You should be able to survive that.  Spoiler:  He takes more rounds than he should on purpose cuz he's all jacked up, but the odds are stacked in your favor.  You should not croak.  This is for a little dramatic fun.  All other fights in the mission are straight up legit.  Power thru, back away from him, he'll go down.

• Like 1