Nexus Payne

Asking for Help with "Domination!" - Respawnscript

Hi,

since the author of the originals has stopped working on this project, I would like to ask for help here.

I hope some of you know the mission "domination!" from "xeno's" steam workskop. We have got a problem with the respawnscript in the "Domination! Blufor" version: aircrafts placed on the aircraft-carrier are not respawning correctly - they are respawning a few meters above the deck and explode when they hit the it.

I will explain more details later.

Thank you very much so far

I hope you can help me.

Hi Nexus Payne,

You already have a thread on the Domination Steam Workshop for this which got an answer btw.

To solve your problem its a simple fix, do the following:

1. Dont use scripts.
  2. Place the planes/choppers you want on the deck of the carrier without pilots.
  3. Go to F5 in the editor (systems) and choose Multiplayer ---> Vehicle respawn
  4. Place the vehicle respawn at the position of the plane or chopper.
  5. Edit the vehicle respawn module -  the delay is how long before it respawns, the tickets are how many times it can be respawned.
  6. Done.
  • Confused 1

at frist: sorry for the simple google translation - it has been a long time since my english lessions in school.

Short to  "Domintion! ":

It is a mil-sim-sandbox-PvE-mode which has been created and accompanied by the orignalauthor "Xeno " since Armed Assault II (possibly even before). players can download this original file from steam workshop, edit it, set up a server and play their own mission.

Now Xeno has discontinued support for the mission. Unfortunately, we are working on our server and have an important question / bug that we simply cannot eliminate with our resources.

We use the current version of the Mission  "Domination! 3.99 J-One team-bluefor". There is a bug that occurs in context with the aircraft carrier "USS Liberty (part of the jet-DLC)". Xeno wrote his own respawn-script for the original mission file, which also works perfectly under normal conditions. But if you want to place aircrafts and heikopters on the carrier, the following happens: The aircrafts spawn in a few meters height, fall down and explode.

We have spent some time troubleshooting, but we cannot figure out the problem.

Hopefully someone knows the "domination!" Mission or even the error and can help us. If necessary, we can then exchange necessary files or discuss the problem more precisely.

thank you guys for reading

17 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hi Nexus Payne,

You already have a thread on the Domination Steam Workshop for this which got an answer btw.

To solve your problem its a simple fix, do the following:

1. Dont use scripts.
  2. Place the planes/choppers you want on the deck of the carrier without pilots.
  3. Go to F5 in the editor (systems) and choose Multiplayer ---> Vehicle respawn
  4. Place the vehicle respawn at the position of the plane or chopper.
  5. Edit the vehicle respawn module -  the delay is how long before it respawns, the tickets are how many times it can be respawned.
  6. Done.

This is just our plan B.

The Problem is that we would like to use Xenos script because his script provides map markers for the vehicles (e.g. the tactial markers for planes, tanks,...). i dont know how we get this markers to work with the a3-respawn-module.

if there is a way to use the repawn-module with These markers, it would help us...

What do you need markers for?

The planes are on the aircraft carrier, if you set the delay for so many minutes the plane/s will respawn, they will be in same spot as you placed

them in the editor unless you chose a random position. cant help you other then that with the respawn module.

• Confused 1

We simply want to see our units on the map for the purpose of planning and execution. Xeno's respawn supports these markers in realtime if the plane moves by player. We would therefore like to use his script if possible.

do you have a link to his respawn script? I imagine its a simple issue of at what height he's respawning vehicles at. its probably a very easy fix or a quick workaround could solve your problems

1 hour ago, Taraa said:

What do you need markers for?

What he posted ---> We simply want to see our units on the map for the purpose of planning and execution. Xeno's respawn supports these markers in realtime if the plane moves by player.

Welcome to Bis forums!

======

As i proposed to him in steam chat, an alternative seen in my 1st post here along with a way to attach a marker to the plane through the plane's init box,

the concern would be when the plane is destroyed and goes to respawn the code would need to be rexecuted to maintain the attachment.

probably would need to add a code to the mission's init.sqf idk, but the respawn bug hes referring to in his OP i dont think will be fixed by Xeno so i think either the

script in question needs to be posted or a work around to add the marker to the plane.

• Confused 1

Open the x_inithelirespawn2.sqf and in line 16 you'll see:

private _vposp = (getPosATL _vec) vectorAdd [0, 0, 0.1];

which you can change to:

private _vposp = (getPosASL _vec) vectorAdd [0, 0, 0.1];

Then, since we get the ASL position, we can remove the surfaceIsWater check in x_server\x_f\fn_helirespawn2.sqf:

if (surfaceIsWater _cposc) then {
				private _asl_height;
				if (!isNil "d_the_carrier") then {
					_asl_height = d_the_carrier getVariable "d_asl_height";
				};
				if (isNil "_asl_height") then {
					_asl_height = (getPosASL d_FLAG_BASE) # 2;
				};
				_cposc set [2, _asl_height];
				[_vec, _cposc] spawn {
					params ["_vec", "_cposc"];
					sleep 1;
					_vec setPosASL _cposc;
					_vec setDamage 0;
				};
			};

Just comment those lines out:

/*if (surfaceIsWater _cposc) then {
				private _asl_height;
				if (!isNil "d_the_carrier") then {
					_asl_height = d_the_carrier getVariable "d_asl_height";
				};
				if (isNil "_asl_height") then {
					_asl_height = (getPosASL d_FLAG_BASE) # 2;
				};
				_cposc set [2, _asl_height];
				[_vec, _cposc] spawn {
					params ["_vec", "_cposc"];
					sleep 1;
					_vec setPosASL _cposc;
					_vec setDamage 0;
				};
			};*/

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much Xian for your great help! Now everything works perfectly!

I would also like to thank everyone else for the help.

• Thanks 1

If I remember correctly, it is in d_init.sqf - Off top of my head. Ask in Xeno's Discord. Don't expect it done for you though.

• Like 1

So I'm not here to let others do the work for me.

My problem is that I am not a programmer and I always thought that a forum like this one is a point of contact for questions.

I asked, I was helped and I thank you. All right, all done.

As already said: Thanks to Xian! and Thanks to the others!

(Sorry for Google Translation)

Now that you've edited your post. I will comment. The forum is of course for help but that doesn't mean I/others will do it for you. It helps if you try to mess with it yourself. I pointed you in the right direction already. Make sure all var names, etc match up.

• Like 1