Ilias48rus

Connection to server stuck with router's local ip

Hi, i have dedicated server running with ports forwarded in ,router between the machine and internet, the server is internet discoverable, after i'm trying to connect with rCon by the server's internet ip the rCon stucks with this

y9Po5QumlspGlI68cqCRIno_E33rZ77r13X2hwra

(192.168.1.3=router's ip), but it looks like it works with local ip.

When i'm trying to connect to the server with game it keeps black screen until client kicked for timeout

SQX0UZOdH64yRviSsNPhwDvWhJn7sV3CDJ_ql7ZZ

Would highly appreciate any help

edit: ports used are default, so all the 5 symbols numbers randomly issued by router's DHCP server i guess. windows,router 's firewalls and antivirus have no effect on this

enabling windowsMediaPlayerNetworkSharing service allowed to connect to the server trough inGame "direct connect" using internet IP, but this does not allows to connect trough serverBrowser

edit: , rCon still doesn't work;

p.s. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful, especially BI which considered that the users do not need to know which OS components required to run their product (though it's probably the only game which depends on such of them)

looks like the serversBrowser issue is client side, it present on 1 of 2 tested systems and not related to windows services, router, windows network settings.

Wiki updated