q8GidRf.png

INFORMATION

The terrain is 400km^2 (20kmx20km) big and is a true to scale recreation of the Senkaku Islands.

Mask/Sat: 16384x16384
Height: 4096x4096px (5px/m)

In my mind, the map is best suited for small carrier operations in cooperation with amphibious warfare.

It might also be interesting to people that are playing with the HAFM Navy mod, I will try to improve the underwater terrain in the future.

Most people should be able to play on this map with full view distance without any performance problems.

REAL LOCATION

This map is a recreation of the Senkaku Islands in the East China Sea. I tried to get as close to the real location as possible, but did take minor artistic liberties to make the map just a little bit more interesting (Added a radar station; moved Kuba Jima a little south to make it fit on the map)

https://www.google.com/maps/@25.7558356,123.531659,11812m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=de

Information on the dispute from Japan´s perspective: https://www.mofa.go.jp/region/asia-paci/senkaku/qa_1010.html

CREDITS

Fromz with his Diaoyu Islands terrain that gave me the inspiration to give the area a workover.

DOWNLOAD

Workshop

IMAGES

Spoiler

EeSPIf0.jpg

ekhOGKs.jpg

h1yVSrv.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Nice work!

Hide contents

ekhOGKs.jpg

What mods where used in this picture? Never saw that "repair" vehicles near the helos before.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, kerozen said:

Nice work!

What mods where used in this picture? Never saw that "repair" vehicles near the helos before.

I used gachopin´s JSDF mod (Japanese Self Defense Forces) for the picture. Thought it would be fitting since the Senkaku´s are currently considered to be territory of Japan.

Also thanks for the compliment :)

• Like 2

Release of Version 1.2

Added:
-Additional minor military camp on Uotsuri-jima
-Minor dirt road leading up to the Radar station

Changed:
-Had to change the position of the Radar slightly to make place for the road

Fixed:
-Shed near the Radar station was sunk into the ground just a little

Note:

I consider the map complete but I am considering adding another artificial Island in the empty North-Western corner of the map, inspired by the countless ones China has created in the East and South China Sea. It would provide expansive military installations and an airfield. Having said that I am not sure if it is a good idea since it would detract from the realism of the map. User feedback would be very welcome in that regard.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WombatInCombat said:

couldn't you just make another version including the artificial island and call it Senkaku 2035 or something?

That would definitely be another alternative if some people prefer a more gameplay focused terrain and others prefer a more realistic one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lumnuon said:

That would definitely be another alternative if some people prefer a more gameplay focused terrain and others prefer a more realistic one.

That would work I think! Seems like a great idea.

If you ask me, I think it would be cool to just go ham on the islands, even if in real life things are much more dispersed. Get that BF4 parcel islands thing going on. I'd just totally do it up with extra islands and military installations. easier said than done though I suppose. And then you have to worry about people complaining that its not realistic and how their grandma lives there and its totally not like that at all.

• Like 1

Do what makes you happy! This is your project and mod! If people want it realistic they could learn to make their own!

• Like 1

Hey Lumnuon, many kudos for recreating this map (disputed island between Japan and China has the potential for many scenarios with their respective mods or even vanilla content), thou I have a technical question: you´ve based your work on Fromz´s previous Diaoyu Island, which I have many old but fond missions based on... If I just rename the terrain part of the mission, should they work with your Islands? Or the terrain and object placements (rocks etc) doesn´t match?

On the other hand, I think I can import those missions on your terrain, as long as the old Fromz´s mod doesn´t intereferes with yours... does it?

Cheers and keep up!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Hey Lumnuon, many kudos for recreating this map (disputed island between Japan and China has the potential for many scenarios with their respective mods or even vanilla content), thou I have a technical question: you´ve based your work on Fromz´s previous Diaoyu Island, which I have many old but fond missions based on... If I just rename the terrain part of the mission, should they work with your Islands? Or the terrain and object placements (rocks etc) doesn´t match?

On the other hand, I think I can import those missions on your terrain, as long as the old Fromz´s mod doesn´t intereferes with yours... does it?

Cheers and keep up!

The terrain is only "based on" fromz´ terrain in so far as that my terrain was inspired by it. I didn´t use any of Fromz´ files so sadly it probably won´t be as easy as just renaming the terrain entry in the mission. 

Having said that there should be absolutely no interference between my terrain and Fromz Diaoyu Islands. You should be able to import your old mission by changing the terrain entry and then you will probably have to adjust object placement.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Lumnuon, I´ll install your map and convert the old missions to it (I´ll post here later  if I had any trouble just to help anyone trying the same) and I agree with wsxcgy´s opinion: you should go on and put as many bases or structures you may feel like it, after all, arma3 is set on 2035, it could be Senkaku 2035, so you should add chinese artificial islands etc, it will add up a lot to your map =)

Cheers!

Release of Version 1.3

Added:
-Minor details like historical wrecks and a few more cliffs

Changed:
-Ambient sounds and animals

-New satmap preview picture

Fixed:
-Edited the satellite image of Kuba Jima to better blend with the detail textures

Note:

I will release a 2035 version of the map with several recreations of artificial islands China has built in the South and East China Sea. Said map will be seperate from the existing map but will be packaged within the same mod.

• Like 2

Release of Version 1.4

Added:
-Senkaku Islands 2035 variant with Fiery Cross Reef Airbase

HvOcmPs.jpg

• Like 9

Can you present more screenshot of the new 2035 version? Please lumnuon?

I have to say that I really love this map, specially the 2035 version with the artificial island. I was surprised there was a map of the area, and even if the radar station is not realistic, it gives the map more stuff to do. It fits perfectly into my Japan vs China campaign. However one thing's bothering me, and thats that objects like trees and buildings seem to be duplicated, any fix for that?

• Like 2