pognivet

Looking for a simple dragging/carrying/MEDEVAC script

Nothing complicated. Just looking for some script that'll let me have AI drag another AI from a field to a helicopter. Anyone know of a simple way to do this?

Alternatively, do you know of any sort of automated MEDEVAC script that works with AI? Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, pognivet said:

Nothing complicated. Just looking for some script that'll let me have AI drag another AI from a field to a helicopter. Anyone know of a simple way to do this?

Alternatively, do you know of any sort of automated MEDEVAC script that works with AI? Thanks.

I did a quick search myself and there's nothing really available with medivac for arma 3.

You could try converting this to arma 3, with permission of course.

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/90834-medevac-module/

There's also this in regards to ai dragging/carrying injured ai to safety and healing them.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19424

You might have to try and create what you want yourself unfortunately.

Cheers.

Nothing complicated. Just looking for some script that'll let me have AI drag another AI from a field to a helicopter.

tenor.gif

unless its carefully crafted for a cinematic cutscene (and then why not just use another person?), this is complicated enough that no one has come up with a solution in 5+ years.

your best bet is to clear the terrain around the body, have the helo land near the body and teleport the body inside.

an automated medevac system is possible, using this concept ^, but still not an easy thing to script, depending on how sandboxy/dynamic you want it.

if you want it dynamic, you'll need an AI system to monitor for incapacitated soldiers (plausible), dispatch an appropriate helo (plausible), land nearby (plausible), teleport the body onboard (plausible), take off and land somewhere else (plausible). all doable, but not something you can cook up in 15 minutes. you'll also need a control structure to ensure only 1 medevac is in progress at any one time, or ensure that each medevac helo is assigned appropriately so 2 dont go to collect 1 wounded for instance.

to incorporate a believable on-foot component as well (where a medic dismounts the helo, runs to the body, attaches the body, and then runs back to the helo, loads the body and then mounts the helo again), would be quite a difficult thing to script reliably, requiring a whole nother level of AI management, to monitor for all the correct states (landed+mounted, landed+dismounted,moving to body, at body, attach body, moving to helo, at helo+dismounted, mounted)

• Like 8

AI:

Artificial >> lacking in natural or spontaneous quality

humanly contrived

Intelligence >> The ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

Well, AIs are poorly A, not I. at all!

Let say they are more S.C. as

Superficial >> Appearing to be true or real only until examined more closely

Lacking depth of character or understanding

Computerized >> controlled, performed, processed by means of, or in a computer.

Not for tomorrow, AIs can tie their shoelaces....

• Like 3

i don't see why you think it's that crazy of a concept to just use attachto and play some animations, move a guy 20 feet and do moveincargo with the wounded guy while cancelling the animations. i just need some way of making it not look stupid.

and yes quicksilver that is essentially what i have in mind. but why clear the terrain and make the helo land on top of the wounded? there's a function in arma for finding the nearest safest landing spot that's flat. i forget what it's called. the helicopter can dynamically find a safe lz (in theory), but i just need some mechanism to physically move that wounded man to that lz. i assumed that just doing attachto with drag animations like ace does for dragging would be simple enough, but i have no idea how to make an ai drag someone, only a player. the medevac helo can land with a medic ai whose sole job is to perform the dragging so it's not too much of an issue to try to find someone to drag them in a dynamic way.

the other solution is to have some sort of ambulance take them to the lz, but this might be difficult owing to the behavior of driving ai in rough terrain.

one mod, i forget which, had a stretcher "vehicle" which could be crewed by two people and used in this strange way. i think it was the swedish mod.

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2019 at 6:12 PM, pognivet said:

i don't see why you think it's that crazy of a concept to just use attachto and play some animations, move a guy 20 feet and do moveincargo with the wounded guy while cancelling the animations. i just need some way of making it not look stupid.

and yes quicksilver that is essentially what i have in mind. but why clear the terrain and make the helo land on top of the wounded? there's a function in arma for finding the nearest safest landing spot that's flat. i forget what it's called. the helicopter can dynamically find a safe lz (in theory), but i just need some mechanism to physically move that wounded man to that lz. i assumed that just doing attachto with drag animations like ace does for dragging would be simple enough, but i have no idea how to make an ai drag someone, only a player. the medevac helo can land with a medic ai whose sole job is to perform the dragging so it's not too much of an issue to try to find someone to drag them in a dynamic way.

the other solution is to have some sort of ambulance take them to the lz, but this might be difficult owing to the behavior of driving ai in rough terrain.

one mod, i forget which, had a stretcher "vehicle" which could be crewed by two people and used in this strange way. i think it was the swedish mod.

you've had 10 months to come up with something, lets see it.

here is a simple medevac concept, but i dont leave the AI in charge of navigation, it is all remote controlled. 

^ even just that little bit at the end where the medics heal the retrieved wounded, that is not a simple thing. here is the code used to power just that small bit:

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_clientAIBehaviours.sqf

spend more time working on your concept and less time brainstorming/thinking/pondering/talking about it. as i said, its been 10 months

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2019 at 4:38 AM, fn_Quiksilver said:

you've had 10 months to come up with something, lets see it.

here is a simple medevac concept, but i dont leave the AI in charge of navigation, it is all remote controlled. 

^ even just that little bit at the end where the medics heal the retrieved wounded, that is not a simple thing. here is the code used to power just that small bit:

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_clientAIBehaviours.sqf

spend more time working on your concept and less time brainstorming/thinking/pondering/talking about it. as i said, its been 10 months

i have to also work in real life