Nutzgo

Spawn crew in empty UGV/UAV

I have a trigger in a mission that when activated, spawns 6 UGVs at a specified location on the map using markers (UGV1, UGV2 and so on).
The problem is, when they've spawned, I can't use them, can't connect to them with at UAV terminal. I've learned that the UGV needs an assigned crew for this to work, but I don't know how to do this. I've tried the following:

Trigger 1, spawns the UGVs:

_vehicleObject = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv1");_vehicleObject setPos getMarkerPos "ugv1";_vehicleObject setDir 205.552;
_vehicleObject = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv2");_vehicleObject setPos getMarkerPos "ugv2";_vehicleObject setDir 205.552;
_vehicleObject = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv3");_vehicleObject setPos getMarkerPos "ugv3";_vehicleObject setDir 205.552;
_vehicleObject = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv4");_vehicleObject setPos getMarkerPos "ugv4";_vehicleObject setDir 205.552;
_vehicleObject = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv5");_vehicleObject setPos getMarkerPos "ugv5";_vehicleObject setDir 205.552;
_vehicleObject = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv6");_vehicleObject setPos getMarkerPos "ugv6";_vehicleObject setDir 205.552;

Trigger 2, intended to spawn the crew, calls a script I've placed in the mission file called "uav.sqf":

_uav = ["B_UGV_01_rcws_F"];

if (typeOf _vehicle in _uav) then
            {
                createVehicleCrew _vehicle;
                    {
                        diag_log [_x, faction _x, side _x, side group _x];
                    }
                forEach crew _vehicle;
            };

The problem is, when the trigger fires, I get this error message:

'... _uav = ["B_UGV_01_rcws_F"];

if (typeOf _vehicle in _uav) then
            {
                createVehicleCr...'
Error Undefined variable in expression: _vehicle

What have I done wrong?

Change your first trigger to:

UAV1 = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv1");UAV1 setPos getMarkerPos "ugv1";UAV1 setDir 205.552;
UAV2 = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv2");UAV2 setPos getMarkerPos "ugv2";UAV2 setDir 205.552;
UAV3 = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv3");UAV3 setPos getMarkerPos "ugv3";UAV3 setDir 205.552;
UAV4 = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv4");UAV4 setPos getMarkerPos "ugv4";UAV4 setDir 205.552;
UAV5 = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv5");UAV5 setPos getMarkerPos "ugv5";UAV5 setDir 205.552;
UAV6 = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv6");UAV6 setPos getMarkerPos "ugv6";UAV6 setDir 205.552;

And your second trigger to:

private _logFunc = {
  {
  } forEach (crew (_this select 0))
};
{
	createVehicleCrew _x;
	[_x] call _logFunc;
} forEach [UAV1, UAV2, UAV3, UAV5, UAV6];

EDIT: forgot to mention: untested

• Thanks 1

I have the same problem. Trying to spawn a UAV.

_type = "B_UAV_02_F";
uav = createVehicle [_type, position uavlog, [],0,"fly"]; 
createVehicleCrew uav;

I can't connect to the spawned UAV and after spawning the UAV I also can't connect to any other UAVs placed in the editor.

The log function posted by stanhope returns as follows:

16:32:07 [B Alpha 2-4:1,"BLU_F",WEST,WEST]
16:32:07 [B Alpha 2-4:2,"BLU_F",WEST,WEST]

8 minutes ago, Siil said:

I also can't connect to any other UAVs placed in the editor.

You sure you got the UAV terminal in your inventory? Also you can only connect to UAVs of your own faction.

3 minutes ago, lexx said:

You sure you got the UAV terminal in your inventory? Also you can only connect to UAVs of your own faction.

Yes, I have the correct faction terminal. I can connect to editor placed UAVs correctly but after I spawn a UAV by Radio Alpha, all UAVs dissapear from the terminal menu.

4 hours ago, Siil said:

I have the same problem. Trying to spawn a UAV.

_type = "B_UAV_02_F";
uav = createVehicle [_type, position uavlog, [],0,"fly"]; 
createVehicleCrew uav;

I can't connect to the spawned UAV and after spawning the UAV I also can't connect to any other UAVs placed in the editor.

The log function posted by stanhope returns as follows:

16:32:07 [B Alpha 2-4:1,"BLU_F",WEST,WEST]
16:32:07 [B Alpha 2-4:2,"BLU_F",WEST,WEST]

Not my log function.  Code I took from OP and put into a separate function to not have to nest forEach loops.

My problem was caused by player setcaptive true

You can still connect with drones while setcaptive true if you right click on the map UAV marker.

8 hours ago, stanhope said:

Change your first trigger to:

UAV1 = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv1");UAV1 setPos getMarkerPos "ugv1";UAV1 setDir 205.552;
UAV2 = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv2");UAV2 setPos getMarkerPos "ugv2";UAV2 setDir 205.552;
UAV3 = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv3");UAV3 setPos getMarkerPos "ugv3";UAV3 setDir 205.552;
UAV4 = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv4");UAV4 setPos getMarkerPos "ugv4";UAV4 setDir 205.552;
UAV5 = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv5");UAV5 setPos getMarkerPos "ugv5";UAV5 setDir 205.552;
UAV6 = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv6");UAV6 setPos getMarkerPos "ugv6";UAV6 setDir 205.552;

And your second trigger to:

private _logFunc = {
  {
  } forEach (crew (_this select 0))
};
{
	createVehicleCrew _x;
	[_x] call _logFunc;
} forEach [UAV1, UAV2, UAV3, UAV5, UAV6];

EDIT: forgot to mention: untested

This did the trick. Thanks!

• Like 1

New problem happened here.
When trigger is fired, it seems to multiply per player connected to server. Sorry for bad english.

This is what happens:
When I play alone on the server, 6 UGVs spawns according to trigger.
When I play with 1 other guy on my server, 12 UGV spawns
With 2 other guys, 18 UGV spawns and so on.
Why??