Sign in to follow this  
tinter

Did you know Arma 3 has invisible targets?

I made a thread on this already, I don't exactly know the forum structure, but I thought I should notify the people who would probably use this. I apologize severely if I'm breaking so many rules doing this and I can only beg for your mercy on my ignorance.

With that disclaimer out of the way, Arma 3 has invisible targets.

//_target = "B_TargetSoldier" createVehicle [0,0,0];
//_target = "O_TargetSoldier" createVehicle [0,0,0];
_target = "I_TargetSoldier" createVehicle [0,0,0];
createVehicleCrew _target;  

AI will shoot at these as if they were enemies. You can also set their rating to -10000 and all enemies will shoot at whatever target you chose. Now this has some limitations as described in the above thread, but I think it's still something worth mentioning to everyone. I at least didn't know this existed and have always seen tons of threads asking how to make the AI shoot at something, of course I saw these while trying to figure out how to solve the same problem. Sometimes fiddling with doTarget and the various fire commands work, but there's at least an alternative. So yeah, try it. If you make anything cool with it, post it in this thread I guess.

• Like 6

Always useful to know, originally A3 had loads of invisible targets, you could also use the invisible pilot but most were removed at some point.

I knew they existed, just never thought of using them when fiddling around with trying to get AI to shoot something :)

• Haha 1

Nice one, had been looking for these a whiles back but finally realizing BI took them out - switched over to doSuppressiveFire with mixed results. Maybe between the two of these I can get a 23% success rate...In OFP we could just tell a soldier to Fire at something and he would... miss that compliant, slave mind

• Like 2