NorthHD

Cold War: Global Escalation Series

Yb7Ag4k.jpg

Cold War: Global Escalation Mod Series

This thread is for my Cold War mod project, which aims to capture the feeling of the conflict while only using assets that are already existing. The mod is based on the late 80s and early 90s period and features a number of factions who are relevant for the time: the Soviet Union, East Germany, Czechoslovakia, the People's Republic of China, the United States, West Germany. These factions are broken into multiple mods, with the Eastern Bloc one currently being the released one. NATO nations will be included soon, as will certain smaller and overlooked nations from the period such as Rhodesia or Cuba, and even North Korea.

The mod is meant to be based in history but is not historically accurate in the sense that all of the equipment is exactly right. The equipment is as accurate as it can be with the available assets, and when compared to historical photographs, is still reasonably close to real life. This is especially true if you are using these units as OPFOR enemies, which you'll see in full detail less. Additionally, infantry is the main focus of the mod. The dependencies are listed on the Steam download page.

Eastern Bloc Factions On Steam

Screenshots

VYh92G6.jpg

9A4515X.jpg

uuag3HX.jpg

XUKnjET.jpg

0kmO7PT.jpg

vBW3j4P.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sincerely appreciated your work, thank you !

Edited by Cumali Bey
grammar errors
  • Like 1

ITVkkaO.jpg

North Korea has been added to the eastern bloc pack to add something more to the Asian theater of war. I guess this mod has some Wargame inspirations at heart. I believe that this faction may have some inaccuracies, but after reading up on what their field uniforms are like, I think this is somewhat close especially considering that North Korea has only recently started using camouflage according to Wikipedia, and the era of this mod is the middle to late 1980s.

I could add more Asian factions like South Korea, Japan, or Vietnam, but I'm not sure if I will. The former two don't use western equipment and therefore the inaccuracies would be heavy, and the latter is already done by the Unsung and the older era Unsung units are probably still more accurate than what I could do.

With that being said, this is what my to-do list looks like and the BLUFOR pack will be releasing soon when there's more than just the United States and West Germany.

- United States (DONE)

- West Germany (DONE)

- United Kingdom

- 1980 Iraq

- 1980 Iran

- Rhodesia

- ZANLA

- North Korea (DONE)

- 1980s Malden

• Like 2

NATO FACTIONS ON STEAM

zaBkoRY.jpg

The NATO factions mod has been released. The mod adds the United States, West Germany, and the Netherlands. As usual, the mod only contains infantry. The United States uses the M16A2 while West Germany uses the G3 and FN FAL, and the Netherlands uses the FN FAL. For now, the United States is only available in woodland (M81) uniforms. A desert version may be added sometime in the future. Feel free to check the mod out if you want some opponents for the Eastern Bloc factions, or if you've been waiting to play as the NATO side.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2018 at 3:57 AM, NorthHD said:

Yb7Ag4k.jpg

Cold War: Global Escalation Mod Series

This thread is for my Cold War mod project, which aims to capture the feeling of the conflict while only using assets that are already existing. The mod is based on the late 80s and early 90s period and features a number of factions who are relevant for the time: the Soviet Union, East Germany, Czechoslovakia, the People's Republic of China, the United States, West Germany. These factions are broken into multiple mods, with the Eastern Bloc one currently being the released one. NATO nations will be included soon, as will certain smaller and overlooked nations from the period such as Rhodesia or Cuba, and even North Korea.

The mod is meant to be based in history but is not historically accurate in the sense that all of the equipment is exactly right. The equipment is as accurate as it can be with the available assets, and when compared to historical photographs, is still reasonably close to real life. This is especially true if you are using these units as OPFOR enemies, which you'll see in full detail less. Additionally, infantry is the main focus of the mod. The dependencies are listed on the Steam download page.

Eastern Bloc Factions On Steam

Screenshots

VYh92G6.jpg

9A4515X.jpg

uuag3HX.jpg

XUKnjET.jpg

0kmO7PT.jpg

vBW3j4P.jpg

can you send me a link to download it again? its deleted from steam but i wanna so much