Have played a couple of coop missions on Anizay, it's a hell of a lot of fun. Thanks for your hard work guys!

1 hour ago, firefox1 said:

@Temppa the possibility of removing the barrier gate, we could put them by trigger and gates.

Looks better with that gate, i change in the next update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2018 at 8:10 AM, firefox1 said:

@Temppa the possibility of removing the barrier gate, we could put them by trigger and gates.

https://imgur.com/VIvgxw0

https://imgur.com/xXNjnS7

https://imgur.com/vz9Ubur

https://imgur.com/QiM1zl7

Just use the hide object module to remove them then place your trigger with code and gate.
Next highlight all 3 and make them a composition. 

Makes life so much easier and can be used on any map 

@JD Wang,

Could give an example I do not know much of the 3D editor, since the object is part of the map

Do you have any plans on optimization passes? We're running Anizay on our server and it's hindering FPS quite a bit.  I am getting mid 30s down to 10 FPS or so during missions.
Normally I get 60-90 FPS on my current settings on  almost all maps.

2 hours ago, ski2060 said:

Do you have any plans on optimization passes? We're running Anizay on our server and it's hindering FPS quite a bit.  I am getting mid 30s down to 10 FPS or so during missions.
Normally I get 60-90 FPS on my current settings on  almost all maps.

Did the problem start after updating the cup terrains? We play with the old version 1.4.2 and there is no fps problem.

8 hours ago, Temppa said:

Did the problem start after updating the cup terrains? We play with the old version 1.4.2 and there is no fps problem.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you if I noticed it after the update.  We just started playing on mission templates this past week really.  
I assume there is a known issue with the CUP terrains update?
If so, then please disregard my request.  The map is wonderful for patrol missions.

19 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

Honestly, I couldn't tell you if I noticed it after the update.  We just started playing on mission templates this past week really.  
I assume there is a known issue with the CUP terrains update?
If so, then please disregard my request.  The map is wonderful for patrol missions.

I just tested anizay with new cup core and i get 80-120 fps with all ultra and 3440x1440 resolution. Only cup core + cba and anizay loaded. I surely fix if something cause too much fps loss. Need more data :D

@Temppa I’ve been getting requests to index your map for ALiVE and was wondering, are the buildings and buildings placement in the current version of the map relatively finished? 

Our map indexing process works with building ID’s. So for example, if I index it and let’s say you add a new building, that will essentially break our map index and we’ll have to do it over again. As a result, we tend to not index maps that are still WIP and/or are receiving frequent updates of buildings.

No biggie if the map is still WIP. Just curious how you consider this current version in that regard.

• Like 1

Hi, no update coming for few months, if some bugs found i fix them but not adding houses anymore before big update.

• Like 2

Mission makers, here is the ALiVE index. Place the X folder in your mission root and ALiVE will automatically read it. When ALiVE has its next update, this index will be included (in which case this file will be redundant so you can delete the X folder when ALiVE updates):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdrjmj6xqyg6yfh/tem_anizay.zip?dl=0

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Some praise for Anizay. This map has become a favourite middle eastern terrain for my gaming community. It is possibly the best example of such a terrain and setting in Arma3. 

Chief amongst its qualities is the skill full juxtaposition of green and lush and brown and dry.  From the perspective  of a mission maker this opens the ability to create scenarios which include shifts in perspectives-- both tactical and scenic. The deserts of the southern sections are very different from the verdant and richly urban Northern areas. This creates a sense of scale in an otherwise reasonably sized map. 

From above Anizay may seem flat. With boots on the ground it is anything but. Micro-terrain adds a distinct Arma3 level quality. In vehicle convoys the rolling landscape with it creates a myriad of avenues, threats and opportunities. At times claustrophobic. At other times vast and scenic. Sight lines are tight in the Northern areas, with plenty of ground to manoeuvre (or become flanked in turn!). 

Finally Anizay is covered with buildings.  The urban (and rural) sections of the terrain works excellently within the scale  of Arma.  Towns are neither too massive nor too small.  Even the bigger towns feel like something a platoon can reasonably cover. While realism may be sacrificed, the craft, spread, selection and size of built up areas, again lend itself very well for Arma missions.  Anizay also has generous portions of the map without buildingsDesert, mountainous areas create depopulated zones suitable for missions where the action is not centered on clearing buildings. Again this feeds into the first point:  contrasts between the richly populated (green) areas and the sparsely populated South. 

Anizay is simply a well crafted terrain rife with mission making potential. Thanks @Temppa!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I love this map. Not being breadboard flat makes a massive difference for infantry combat, particularly love combat in the built up/green zone.

hello temppa i found a placement error while playing the house at coordinates 024-086 floats with the opjeten in the air 😀

FSwC5dQ.jpg

KtJY3kJ.jpg

• Like 1