Nutzgo

(Question) UAV/UGV shows on map

There's probably an easy fix, but I don't get it.

I have a mission where the guys are searching for some UAVs and UGVs. The problem is, the UAV/UGVs are showing on map (even with show/hide module). How do I fix it? 
I've checked that when I place them, they have no crew. I also want to have "Show friendlies on map" on. 

make a OFOR unit  group it to the BluFor UAV then hide the OFOR unit with <<  this hideobject true >>. 

Then you will not see the BluFor UAV.

That didnt work. The UGVs and UAVs can't be grouped.

You can enableSimulation false on the UGV/UAVs, then they won't show on map.  You can create a trigger that when player is near UGV/UAV you re-enable simulation to make them usable again.  This assumes you are looking for static UGV/UAV, not an active moving one.

Tried that, but it didn't work either. Tried enableSimulation false in their init, also tried disabling simulation in the UAV/UGVs attributes in the editor - still showing on map.

They are static, parked in a garage.

Ok, so I tried a different approach.

I have now a trigger near the garage, that spawns the UGVs when the players are near:

_vehicleObject = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv1");_vehicleObject setPos getMarkerPos "ugv1";_vehicleObject setDir 205.552;
_vehicleObject = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv2");_vehicleObject setPos getMarkerPos "ugv2";_vehicleObject setDir 205.552;
_vehicleObject = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv3");_vehicleObject setPos getMarkerPos "ugv3";_vehicleObject setDir 205.552;
_vehicleObject = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv4");_vehicleObject setPos getMarkerPos "ugv4";_vehicleObject setDir 205.552;
_vehicleObject = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv5");_vehicleObject setPos getMarkerPos "ugv5";_vehicleObject setDir 205.552;
_vehicleObject = "B_UGV_01_rcws_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "ugv6");_vehicleObject setPos getMarkerPos "ugv6";_vehicleObject setDir 205.552;

Now this works, because the UGVs do not appear at all on the map before they are spawned in.
My new problem now, is that I cannot connect to them :don8:

I've figured out that I need to use the createVehicleCrew, because I can't use an empty UGV/UAV - but I don't get it, how do I activate this after they've spawned?

Update:
I tried to make a script that would give the vehicle a crew.
First trigger spawns the vehicles.
The second trigger executes a script I called "uav.sqf":

_uav = ["B_UGV_01_rcws_F"];

if (typeOf _vehicle in _uav) then
            {
                createVehicleCrew _vehicle;
                    {
                        diag_log [_x, faction _x, side _x, side group _x];
                    }
                forEach crew _vehicle;
            };

Based on this forum post.