dodzh

[RELEASE] Lootsystem Script

12 hours ago, dodzh said:

hey man, there is no update for a3 buildings, i use positions within in the models but that wasn't designed for that is why some dont look right. if you want 100% control need to create custom positions.

Yeah I've used your tool and it is quite easy to improve those spawn positions but after doing some CUP buildings fixes I got lazy.

I was hoping your next update would include those better positions that we can get with your tool....

Perhaps someone can help you with that. I would do it but I am on a deadline to release a mission next week :( 

3 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there guys + dodzh !

I don't know what's the code , because i haven't check it , but probably,

you should change your code  to "WeaponHolderSimulated"

ex:

_Loot = createVehicle ["WeaponHolderSimulated",[_Loot_Pos select 0, _Loot_Pos select 1,_Loot_Pos select 2], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

I hope this helps !

modifying the code to allow for wrong potions to work can create more problems that solutions as will be impossible to predict some custom cases.  

i provided a way to fix this by allowing the use to place loot in exact positions. many other similar systems had this problem and had to adopt this method to make sure this wont happen.

@Chuc

please provide what building class names are the ones creating this problem and ill look at it.  if you dont know how to get class name on the position tool video i show how to get this or simple take an ss of one is not working and ill try to find the class name 

I cant remember which ones are doing it but after a bit more testing i found it to be random. Sometimes the loot floats and sometime it doesnt. Cant explain why it is doing it.

Your floating problem isn't caused by the objects or the way people are placing their spawns. The problem comes from line 85 of FSS_fnc_spawn_loot_inBuilding here:

if (_lootPosition select 2 < 0.5) then {_lootPosition set [2, 0.5];};

Essentially if your building has a surface low to the ground where you're trying to spawn loot at, then its raising its position above the surface.

Yeah, this really is honestly the best loot system out there right now due to how customizeable and open it is. Can easily add new categories into the config as needed as long as you reflect it in the functions. Incredible performance as well.

• Like 1

Im getting this error in my RPT

13:16:43   Error Undefined variable in expression: _mag
13:16:43 File C:\Users\Tyler\Documents\Arma 3\missions\SAS_Evade.Altis\lootsystem\code\LSS_fnc_spawn_loot_inBulding.sqf..., line 131

Anyone know a quick fix? 

Also a lot of my items etc are like 0.2, or 0.1 but still finding loads of loot very quickly

I think i fixed it... I replaced _mag with _mags no error so far... 

Hello, could someone explain how to use this with modded equipment, for example CUP weapons?

Thanks

edit: I found out how to add weapons, but they don't spawn with magazines, how to fix?
EDIT 2: figured it out, im an idiot

I am having issues with the config file. I would like the script to only spawn one item per loot spot. Unfortunately every once in a while it spawns two. Any idea how to fix that? This is what I changed my config to:

spawnAtStart = 1; //if 1 will will created a task that spawn loot on an interval based on lootInterval to every player
	lootInterval = 20; //time in seconds how often loot is created, only used if spawnAtStart = 1
	spawnRange = 80; //in meters, this is only used if spawnAtStart is 1, a manual range can bet set if [<pos>,<range>] spawn LSS_fnc_spawn_loot; is used
	maxLootTime = 60*15; //time in seconds the loot will last at any given spot
	maxPleyerSpeed = 50; //only used only used if spawnAtStart is 1, determines if loot should be spawned based on the speed of player 

cleanAtStart = 1; //starts a thread cleaning every "cleanupInterval", if 0 then manual cleanup is required [] spawn LSS_fnc_cleanup;
	cleanupInterval = 20; //time in seconds how often is check to deleted expired loot, only used if cleanAtStart = 1

useModelPositions = 1; //if the building is not defined under CfgBuildings will try to spawn loot on predefined points on building model
	fillBackPacks = 0; //if true backpacks will be filled with items from the items[] section. values 0=false 1=true 

maxLootPositions = 7; //max loot position per building
	maxLootPercentile = 1; //porcentage based on the maxed loot spots per building
	minLootPerSpot = 1;
    maxLootPerSpot = 1; //max items per loot position

minMagazinesPerWeapon = 1;
	maxMagazinesPerWeapon = 1;

debug = 1; //if 1 will create marker and helpers on the map

For anyone who might still be using this script or a version of this script. If you are having trouble with floating loot near the map terrain you can comment out line 85 in LSS_fnc_spawn_loot_inBuilding.sqf

// if (_lootPosition select 2 < 0.5) then {_lootPosition set [2, 0.5];};

This line is updating the z position (height) automatically if it's under 0.5. For my example, there's a bunch of buildings inside Chern Redux that have floors under 0.5. Disabling this fixed my floating loot.

I also paired this with changing the createVehicle object to "GroundWeaponHolder_Scripted". Hope this helped!

Hello Dodzh! The mod is wonderful.

At first it seemed to me that it was necessary to manually arrange everything on the maps, it turned out that one point was enough and everything was automatically placed further, it's fine!

The question is, is it possible to add more items\weapons from mods? If so, how do I do it?

Please tell me more, I don't know much about these things yet)

// if (_lootPosition select 2 < 0.5) then {_lootPosition set [2, 0.5];};       Where do I need to insert this line to fix some things floating?