#Positions Creator Tool
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1560677855

This my first actual script posted :( hope you all like it
enjoy

Edited by dodzh
added link to "Positions Creator Tool"
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Believe it or not but even now (almost 2019) there wasn't a public script made for this purpose before so your work is filling a nice empty niche here!

Anyways, it fills my exact needs so I will be testing it out and giving feedback!

Thanks and please keep improving it if it is needed!

1 hour ago, LSValmont said:

Believe it or not but even now (almost 2019) there wasn't a public script made for this purpose before so your work is filling a nice empty niche here!

Anyways, it fills my exact needs so I will be testing it out and giving feedback!

Thanks and please keep improving it if it is needed!

thanks, let me know how it goes, i have more ideas on this that ill be implementing but need to see if the core works under a stress test, dont have many people to test in multiplayer, was only able to test it with 2 people on coop and dedicated server and dont looks like there is much fps drop, unless you go crazy with the settings

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dodzh said:

thanks, let me know how it goes, i have more ideas on this that ill be implementing but need to see if the core works under a stress test, dont have many people to test in multiplayer, was only able to test it with 2 people on coop and dedicated server and dont looks like there is much fps drop, unless you go crazy with the settings

Don't worry I will be testing in multiplayer with lots of players. 

Yeah, even default settings spawns a lot of items because buildings have so many possible locations. With the Ravage mod that spawns furniture for you there might be some issues of clipping but I will report later on that.

19 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

Don't worry I will be testing in multiplayer with lots of players. 

Yeah, even default settings spawns a lot of items because buildings have so many possible locations. With the Ravage mod that spawns furniture for you there might be some issues of clipping but I will report later on that.

play with the settings, can limit all of that, can also set where smaller building get less than bigger ones as well as a cap overall

Hi i have a Problem to config the script . Wen i put cup content in the script ist says ervery time :

lootsystem\config.cpp, line 47 (or whatever): Config:"" after 2(or whatever)

EDIT: My Bad im sorry i found a wrong line .... Have looking more then 3 times before i say this but found it now

But really good work !love this script

8 hours ago, WaffenFetisch said:

Hi i have a Problem to config the script . Wen i put cup content in the script ist says ervery time :

lootsystem\config.cpp, line 47 (or whatever): Config:"" after 2(or whatever)

EDIT: My Bad im sorry i found a wrong line .... Have looking more then 3 times before i say this but found it now

But really good work !love this script

lol np, glad you find it useful. let me know any problems i'll try to help 

im planning to go back and rework this a bit better as well adding some new things to it.

at the moment im working on a new release that should be done soon, think you might like this one too 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dodzh said:

lol np, glad you find it useful. let me know any problems i'll try to help 

im planning to go back and rework this a bit better as well adding some new things to it.

at the moment im working on a new release that should be done soon, think you might like this one too 

Cant wait ^^

this is great!

I love the ability to change the spawn occurence so quickyl and with the debug markers see the changes.

I am loving this script! If you improve it even further please tweak the height the items spawn in certain buildings specially the CUP ones they spawn floating too high and it looks weird but other than that it is an almost perfect implementation that perhaps BI should be using on DAYZ Stand Alone!  

@LSValmont ill try to look at this, can you provide me with the names of the buildings having this issues, ill try creating custom position for them, sometimes when using model positions this can happen.

im almost done with my the new script im working on and ill be able to look at this fully, 

in any rate ill try looking at this as soon as i can ty

• Thanks 1

Update:

Ive created a small mod to help deal with some of the problems with positions. using the builtin positions in building is not always the best thing, is why i also provided a way to deal with that.
this mod will help you create custom positions for any building you want.

note: this mod is very simple and i did not put a lot of time to test it so is entirely possible some things might not work

thank you  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hey dodzh. the mod works really well thanks for that. I have managed to stop the items spawning on the barracks roof by using this.

is there an option to spawn just ammo magazines and not the weapons with them?

@KevsNoTrev, yeah is easy. on your config under the section ratio, remove "weapons" line from it

ratio[] = 
		{
			"backpacks",1,
			"uniforms",1,
			"items",2
		};

then on  "items[] =" add the magazines you want like 

items[] = 
		{
			"11Rnd_45ACP_Mag",10,

or whatever magazines you want, just need the class names. the number after is weight meaning how likely is to spawn based on the weight or the other ones on the list

• Like 1

i knew I should have just tried that, thanks. it makes total sense now.

cheers.

very nice scripts. Been looking for years for a loot spawner that spawns loot around player then deletes it. Loot spawning was always something i could never figure out. 

Quick question. With the class names in your script, this bit

Spoiler

class CfgLootTables
{
    class Military
    {
        ratio[] = 

The class military. Is it possible that after all that code we could put in a new class with a different loot list? Then if we use your #Positions Creator Tool on buildings define them with the new class name?

If that makes any sense at all.

Like this

Spoiler

class CfgLootTables
{
    class Military
    {
        ratio[] = 
        {
        };

weapons[] = 
        {
        };

backpacks[] = 
        {
        };      

items[] = 
        {
        };

uniforms[] = 
        {
        };

class Civilian
    {
        ratio[] = 
        {
        };

weapons[] = 
        {
        };

backpacks[] = 
        {
        };        

items[] = 
        {
        };

uniforms[] = 
        {
        };    
    };

Would be handy to know because one of the maps i like to make missions on doesnt have loot positions inside 90% of its buildings, one of the reasons i stopped using it. This would make that map a heap more useful. Also its to big to have loot always on the map anyway so your script will improve it even more

@Chuc 

Yes you can change the "Military" to w/e you want but cant change the class names as those are provided by the game/mods,

with the position creator tool i provided you can edit create any positions you want. i was working on an update for this but been really busy.
https://pastebin.com/w7s8LM3k
that file buildings_a3.cpp, was something i was working on, have more classifications as well all (i think :P) a3 buildings can look at it and use as you wish. you'll have to create/edit loot tables to match building category names or simple make the position files less detailed for w/e you want.

#Positions Creator Tool

that tool i created will help you create customize positions

hope this helps let me know if you have any other questions  

• Like 1

Cool thanks for that. Now with your pastebin position list. Whats the difference with the civilian_a and civilian_b tables? Then i also see a heap of different tables set for industrial and food. Is this so you can make different loot lists for each position? If so that is pretty much exactly what i am looking at doing.

Is 

1 hour ago, Chuc said:

Cool thanks for that. Now with your pastebin position list. Whats the difference with the civilian_a and civilian_b tables? Then i also see a heap of different tables set for industrial and food. Is this so you can make different loot lists for each position? If so that is pretty much exactly what i am looking at doing.

Is 

Civ A and B are just to low class and high class areas, building that look rundown or poor are B and other A, and yes on that list also have other places like food and industrial.

you dont have to keep this classifications as i have them there but i tried to make them as unique as possible. having them classified like that helps getting the right items into the right buildings.

any question just let me know id be happy to help.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 9:03 AM, dodzh said:

Civ A and B are just to low class and high class areas, building that look rundown or poor are B and other A, and yes on that list also have other places like food and industrial.

you dont have to keep this classifications as i have them there but i tried to make them as unique as possible. having them classified like that helps getting the right items into the right buildings.

any question just let me know id be happy to help.

Hey Dodzh! I've been using you script in all my missions and I've used your Positions Creator Tool to improve some positions in some CUP buildings that were too high up in the air.

But I am still waiting for an official update on the regular arma buildings or even the CUP ones so if you ever get the time to improve those we would be extremely thankful! 

1 hour ago, LSValmont said:

Hey Dodzh! I've been using you script in all my missions and I've used your Positions Creator Tool to improve some positions in some CUP buildings that were too high up in the air.

But I am still waiting for an official update on the regular arma buildings or even the CUP ones so if you ever get the time to improve those we would be extremely thankful! 

hey man, there is no update for a3 buildings, i use positions within in the models but that wasn't designed for that is why some dont look right. if you want 100% control need to create custom positions,

check on a previous post here i released a config for all a3 buildings, you have to look at them and change to your needs

https://pastebin.com/w7s8LM3k

ive mention few thing about that file above think you can find it useful

let me know if you have any questions

• Like 1

sweet i got everything working really well, the only problem is some loot floats and some sinks

1 hour ago, Chuc said:

loot floats

13 hours ago, LSValmont said:

were too high up in the air.

Hello there guys + dodzh !

I don't know what's the code , because i haven't check it , but probably,

you should change your code  to "WeaponHolderSimulated"

ex:

_Loot = createVehicle ["WeaponHolderSimulated",[_Loot_Pos select 0, _Loot_Pos select 1,_Loot_Pos select 2], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

I hope this helps !

• Like 1