Sign in to follow this  
foxer

North korea warns us of "uncontrollable catastroph

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Dec. 26 2002,14:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I only wanted to liven things up. If you need more of this existing laws check out:

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/weird.htm

http://www.dumblaws.com/

http://shell.acmenet.net/~streetcops/stupidlaws.htm

http://www.webzone.net/ber/page21.html

After this break you can carry on with your specualtions on North Korea. I don´t know any facts about North Korea so I will keep out of this.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, yes, those laws are real. And technically still in power. But, i cna garuntee that 90% of those "stupid" or "wierd" laws are not practiced upon in any of the states. I remember one for my home city of Joliet, Illinois, right oustide Chicago. There was a law made in the early 1900's that said if you pronounced Joliet wrong, such as "Jolly-ette", you would be charged a dollar. Now, when my cousins come up from texas and constantly say "Jolly-ette", and i could actually find a cop that would recognize and follow through with the law, the city would be rich. And this law is still in power. So, just because you read em, don't believe that they are still practiced.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NavyEEL @ Dec. 26 2002,08:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">in hawaii you can't stick a penny in your ear<span id='postcolor'>

You can't stick a penny in my ear in France or Italy, for that matter. Just try! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NavyEEL @ Dec. 26 2002,09:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol avon where do you get this stuff??  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The internet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 26 2002,08:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i doubt if most NKoreans beleive that crap. they say it, but just for the heck of it.<span id='postcolor'>

There is definitely a large amount of brainwashing involved from infancy and up. There is a true motherland/fatherland/brotherland/aliceinwonderland spirit that is imprinted on these people's minds.

Once they wake up and realize what nonsense this is, it's time for the threats to oneself and family to kick in. Informers are everywhere, waiting to reap the rewards of turning in neighbors and stifle anyone up and coming in their direction.

It's very hard for all of us to understand. It's happened in so many places in the last 100 years, including Russia, China and Germany, to name the biggies.

Remember the scene in the Wizard Of Oz, where Dorothy kills the Wicked Witch of the West? The captain of the Witch's most evil and loyal guards walks over to her, says "you've killed her" and then lets out a cry of "Hail to Dorothy - the Wicked Witch is dead"!

I think you would see such a similar reaction in countries like NK and Iraq but you would have to melt some of the upper echelon political and military chums to get the masses to have the guts to open their mouths and speak up.

It's all terribly tragic. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Dec. 25 2002,21:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ralph this was not on US bashing, but on how "free" you are actually.

Florida:

Anti-kissing statutues exist protecting the platforms at train stations, bus terminals, and other transportation hubs.

Anyone convicted of naked sunbathing, even if given a suspended sentence, must still be registered as a convicted sexual offender wherever they live.

Florida prohibits topless walking or running within a 150 foot zone between the beach and the street. Also, jogging with your eyes closed is against the law.

Illinois law prohibits barefoot dancing and taking a nap on the dance floor.

"Spiteful gossip", defined as "talking behind a person's back", "unwarranted" or "without cause, is illegal in some states like Nevada and Indiana.

Male inmates in Iowa who are so inclined to dress up like a woman are prohibited from wearing shoes with heels measuring more than 2 and one-quarter inches high.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif Balschiow...Those laws are not enforced, lol...

There are TONS of obscure local laws that were written a LOOOOONG time ago, mostly in areas where there was at one time or another, some "holy roller" trying to keep everybody "living clean", and on the "straight -n- narrow".

You can find laws that prohibit spitting in the street,...using certain language,...wearing the wrong hat to church wow.gif ...ect, ect.

99% of them have not been enforced since people rode horse drawn carts to the market.

PARTICULARLY FLORIDA !!!!...lol...Trust me, I live here...you can pretty much do whatever you want, so long as you are not causing any harm.

(edited to add: I think the one about inmates not wearing spiked heels is likely to keep them from making a "shiv" out of the heel.)

See in britain we sort of just make up the law as we go along and have no guidelines like the constitution as we don't have one!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ Dec. 26 2002,16:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">See in britain we sort of just make up the law as we go along and have no guidelines like the constitution as we don't have one!<span id='postcolor'>

There is a law in Nottingham or Leicester or somewhere that says that you can't shoot a Welshman with Bow and Arrow on weekends or something stupid like that biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Dec. 26 2002,09:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ Dec. 26 2002,16wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">See in britain we sort of just make up the law as we go along and have no guidelines like the constitution as we don't have one!<span id='postcolor'>

There is a law in Nottingham or Leicester or somewhere that says that you can't shoot a Welshman with Bow and Arrow on weekends or something stupid like that <!--emo&biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hehe I'm sure a Welshman wouldn't think that's a stupid law tounge.gif

The town in northern New Hampshire that I grew up in had a law on the books that forbade the selling of a butter substitute on the Common.  You have to wonder about the buildup that led to that law being created.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic, sorry!

i think this thread can be closed now. despite warnings, ppl can't refran from going offtopic with that dumb law guides.

ironically, avon is the one with the last on topic post wow.gif

closing