Sign in to follow this  
foxer

North korea warns us of "uncontrollable catastroph

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They have the freest country in the world and they enjoy the spoils of their freedom and work and that makes a lot of people jelous.<span id='postcolor'>

explain this please. What makes USA more free than european countries for example? In my opinion freedom is limited much more in the US than in several european countries. If you check how many law restrictions there are in US and for what you can go to jail (wearing a string at the beach, kissing in public, etc.) I don´t see much freedom. If freedom means to have the right to carry guns in private it is a freedom I dont want.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Dec. 26 2002,00:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wearing a string at the beach, kissing in public, etc.<span id='postcolor'>

whaaaaaat? I cant kiss girls wearing string bikinis in public?

waaah

Seriously though where'd you hear that. I'm not sure but I doubt it's true.

Balschoiw, you've obviously never been to New Orleans during Mardi Gras or Daytona Beach during Spring Break. xmas.gifxmas.gifxmas.gifbiggrin.gif

wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Dec. 25 2002,10wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> If freedom means to have the ability to buy alcohol and ciggarettes as a child it is a freedom I dont want.<span id='postcolor'>

There, fixed it for you!  Just kidding though!   I think the freedoms enjoyed by both Europeans, Australians, Canadians, and Americans are pretty much all the same.  There are weird/dumb laws in every country that outsiders (or even insiders for that matter) may not understand.  

I, for one, have never understood the need to buy a T.V. license or whatever it is in England.  What is the need for this?  Is it possible to obtain a concealed T.V. license?

Anyways, this is all way off topic and we should spend our emotional currency on something better then measuring the length of each others personal freedoms.

last time i checked, a lunatic likeme can buy a handgun and only ahve to wait 10 days. so i say that's a freedom biggrin.gif maybe Balschoiw should come to LA. then he'll know what freedom is. tounge.gif j/k

anyways, this thread is about US-NK current issue not general US bashing. do i make myself clear?

You can follow the latest news over at KNCA, broadcast to you live from Tokyo, Japan.

Hmmmmmmmmm..................................... wow.gif

just a reminder. KNCA is NK's news agency. i give little credit to them. they tend to be less independent.

there are two news agencies in NK. one is for domestic, and other is for international. i think this one is international.

Yeah, with statements like "DPRK ready to punish Yankees in singlehearted unity more powerful than A-bomb" I doubt they're unbiased. wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Dec. 25 2002,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, with statements like "DPRK ready to punish Yankees in singlehearted unity more powerful than A-bomb" I doubt they're unbiased. wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, people sometimes get very emotional over baseball.

Oh..............................Not those Yankees. sad.gif

Ralph this was not on US bashing, but on how "free" you are actually.

Florida:

Anti-kissing statutues exist protecting the platforms at train stations, bus terminals, and other transportation hubs.

Anyone convicted of naked sunbathing, even if given a suspended sentence, must still be registered as a convicted sexual offender wherever they live.

Florida prohibits topless walking or running within a 150 foot zone between the beach and the street. Also, jogging with your eyes closed is against the law.

Illinois law prohibits barefoot dancing and taking a nap on the dance floor.

"Spiteful gossip", defined as "talking behind a person's back", "unwarranted" or "without cause, is illegal in some states like Nevada and Indiana.

Male inmates in Iowa who are so inclined to dress up like a woman are prohibited from wearing shoes with heels measuring more than 2 and one-quarter inches high. biggrin.gif

I only wanted to liven things up. If you need more of this existing laws check out:

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/weird.htm

http://www.dumblaws.com/

http://shell.acmenet.net/~streetcops/stupidlaws.htm

http://www.webzone.net/ber/page21.html

After this break you can carry on with your specualtions on North Korea. I don´t know any facts about North Korea so I will keep out of this.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (supah @ Dec. 24 2002,17:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well lets hope NonDiscriptDumbAnimalPresident â„¢ (better denior? tounge.gif ) doesnt use nukes either. Besides they NK's have a giant conventional army which isnt too outdated. They can seriously dent the americans. Numerical superiority is one way of winning. Besides, Bush has managed to get america almost in to a war with Iraq too .... and lets not forget afghanistan. 3 simultanious wars ........ isnt Bush doing great? Just imagine all the expansion packs of america's army we are going to have to bear!THE HORROR! smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hey, anyone else wanna join in and make fun of Bush?  i mean, isn't it sad that we finally have a HUMAN president who's trying to do the right thing, rather than just another corrupt political leader?  bush is the best president we've had in a LONG time, regardless of the opinions of most europeans and a few Americans.  if he succeeds in all he is planning to do, you all will be thankful.  if he fails, then you all are to blame for your reluctance to assist  biggrin.gif

oh, and you think Americans can't fight a war on three fronts?  Let me remind you that US Troops are currently involved in Afghanistan, Somalia, Korea, Bosnia, Kuwait, AND Kosovo, as well as various other places--that's a lot more than three fronts.  If nobody is willing to support us, then we'll go into North Korea and Iraq alone.  Not going to war because other nations dont want you to doesn't mean that war should be avoided.  Bush didn't "get America into war with Iraq" or get us into war with North Korea... he's just facing up to the problems that previous presidents have been afraid to.  Iraq is a threat.  North Korea is a threat.  Terrorism is a threat.  "oh dont underestimate north korea, they have a conventional army that can dent the americans"..... no shit.  we aren't saying we're invincible, we're just doing what needs to be done to protect us as well as our allies now and in the future.  it'd be nice to have some help for a change, rather than getting the usual feedback that equates to:  "oh no thats ok, you guys go ahead and fight.  we're safe here in europe or wherever it is that i'm from.  you americans do your thing, we'll disagree with you all the way and bash your president, and then when you're successful we'll thank you and pretend to be sorry for all your losses."  and as for numerical superiority... superior thinking has always overcome superior force.  think about it.

now im in no way bashing europeans (this is nothing compared to the posts against Americans), but many of you have a piss poor attitude and frankly im sick of it.  it's no wonder we were attacked on 9/11 and it's no wonder the world is going corrupt today.  just let Bush do his jobs--running the United States and the United States Military.  meanwhile, you stick to your job--playing a video game and wishing that your opinion mattered.  by the way, Merry Christmas everyone   xmas.gif   and while you sit here complaining, be mindful of the soldiers in afghanistan and across the globe who are fighting so that you can bash them on these forums and say that they're fighting for nothing.

EDIT: <end rant>

We have the BBC in Britain, this stands for the British Broadcasting Corporation and is funded by the goverment and through TV licenses. If you have a TV (which can recieve channels) you have to pay a TV license and then you will get a standard set of channels (1,2,3,4,5).

I don't want GWB to have his way and change the world. Fine if he get's rid of every country with any aspirations of power but there is no fucking way i'm eating Mcdonalds shit with bloody health warnings on the boxes! Plus he would like European allies to match their military spending to that of Americas! If we did we couldn't have a NHS or any public services - just one huge army which would be pointless.

Currently the UK defense budget is around 30 billion i think which is cutting it a bit low - 40 billion would be better, then we could have more spare parts for our pumas and rifles that fire occasionally instead of just on public holidays!

Wow.

Well... firstly:

Bush is both chimplike and a bit of a moron. The statement that he is the best president in a long time overlooks genuinely good presidents of the last 50 years. I am totally certain that he means well. His intelligence is however pedestrain, and his grasp of international politics is tenuous at best. As for corrupt... good lord, Bush is a product of Corporate America that the average American distrusts rather deeply.

Secondly:

Not everyone who thinks Bush is an idiot dislikes America. I am a Canadian who happens to think a great deal of his American friends. They are without exception generous, wonderful, and reasonable. So be certain of it: disliking Shrub in no way translates to anti-american feelings. It just means that some people can see him as the (willing) pawn of corporate America that he is smile.gif

Thirdly:

Iraq a threat.

Hee hee hee.

Now, North Korea and their saber rattling is threatening.... And if Bush is truly worried about WMD, he needs to change his focus.

So:

Not all criticism of currentUS policy is anti american. It's more anti stupidity. And as we all know, in no way is the average american any more stupid than the average citizen of another country.

Iraq is a threat. tounge.gif Not their military, but if they hand a WMD to some terrorist we've got a problem.

*sigh*

I don't want to get involved in another U.S. vs. Iraq thread.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Dec. 26 2002,02:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And as we all know, in no way is the average american any more stupid than the average citizen of another country.<span id='postcolor'>

No, they're dumb as rocks, unfortunately. They breed and they vote, and the dumb bastards make up about half of the American population.

Why does everyone seem to think that Saddam is going to hand out Nuclear weapons as soon as he develops them?

Those things are bloody expensive, and difficult to move. A basic first generation (It's unlikely Iraq could produce a advanced thermo nuclear device) warhead is bloody huge. You can't just sling the buggers on the back of a van and drive over the Mexico border.

On the other hand, NK, who are still technically at war with a US Ally, who have admitted they are developing or have Nuclear weapons, and have a means of delivering them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Evidence continues to mount that North Korea is preparing for a near-term flight test of its Taepo Dong 2 Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile (IRBM)/Intercontinental-range Ballistic Missile (ICBM) with an assessed range of 4,000-6,000 km/2,480-3,720 miles.<span id='postcolor'>

So then, the two bit gangster, who had his country and infrastructure blown out from underneath him, who denies having any WMD's, who has UN Weapon inspectors roaming his lands, and several large guns pointed to his head.

Or those crazy commies! Who have a large standing Army, routinly attack their neighbours to the south, have a reasonably advanced ballistic weapons program, have several nuclear reactors under constrution/completed, have admitted they have a nuclear capability, have reopened their reactors for more possible weapons manufacturing, have removed all UN monitoring equipment, and have been rattling the saber at everyone....

So for a big player in the 'Axis of Evil' (Nice one George, you managed to piss off even more people with that one).....

So, a bound, trussed geezer, who's being probed by doctors, and has a knife at his throat...

or

A big nasty looking bastard with a gun, which is loaded, is muttering about 'the time of purification', and hasn't seen the doctor in years.

.....You tell me which is the bigger threat?

Holy crap! I just browsed through the DPRK website... It's hair raising.  These guys are completely insane!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> While visiting the museum, the servicemen and the working people vowed to glorify the era of the army-based policy led by Kim Jong Il, the great and illustrious commander born of heaven, bearing deep in mind the great pride and honor of making the revolution guided by him. <span id='postcolor'>

Born of heaven?...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The president's immortal revolutionary career and exploits are shining century after century thanks to Kim Jong Il's noble moral obligation to carry forward his idea and exploits 100 per cent.

The Korean people are now devoting their all to their struggle to glorify the president's idea and exploits forever.

Kim Jong Il's wise guidance is found in glorifying the exploits of the revolutionary forerunners, leading all the people to live and work as they did, making the whole society replete with comradely love and obligation and cementing the single-hearted unity of our revolution as firm as a rock. <span id='postcolor'>

What's with this Jong? It sounds like he thinks he's a god or something.  Is this really the kind of stuff the North Korean govenment is telling their people?  I find it very hard to believe that anyone would be stupid enough to broadcast such garbage... I mean who do they think is going to believe such crap?  Are the people of North Korea a bunch of suckers?  I doubt it.

I wish I knew more about their history and culture.  These glimpses I'm getting are shocking to me. This is the 21st century for christs sake.  This Jong Il lunatic is making Saddam look like a decent guy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ Dec. 26 2002,07:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This Jong Il lunatic is making Saddam look like a decent guy.<span id='postcolor'>

Saddam is no different. Look around and you'll see he's been self declared as the greatest thing since pita and Nevuchadnezar.

And folsk here wonder why these looloos can't have nukes just like everyone else.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And folsk here wonder why these looloos can't have nukes just like everyone else.

<span id='postcolor'>

LOL biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Dec. 26 2002,10:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, they're dumb as rocks, unfortunately. They breed and they vote, and the dumb bastards make up about half of the American population.<span id='postcolor'>

Someone explain to me how this isn't racism.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Dec. 26 2002,11:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And folsk here wonder why these looloos can't have nukes just like everyone else.<span id='postcolor'>

HAHAHAHA, sounds like Bush himself said it! xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Dec. 26 2002,07:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Dec. 26 2002,10:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, they're dumb as rocks, unfortunately. They breed and they vote, and the dumb bastards make up about half of the American population.<span id='postcolor'>

Someone explain to me how this isn't racism.<span id='postcolor'>

Because Americans aren't a race? confused.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Dec. 26 2002,12:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Because Americans aren't a race? confused.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=race

A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race. <span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gifxmas.gif

Alright, you've caught me. I'm an American who is racist against stupid Americans. I think we should pull a seperate but equal on them as soon as possible; I know a perfect place for em... Florida!

On a seperate note, the Germanic race is a very genetically homogeneous strain. Americans, however, consist of Blacks, Semites, Caucasians, Asians, whatever. There is no racially unifying thing that ties Americans together as a race. While dictionary.com is generally accurate, that one definition is a whitewash of the word's true meaning.

maybe it's good time to close this topic?

anyway, to Lazarus,

when i first studied some NK stuffs, that was my first thought. then again, after seeing some footage and further studies, you can pretty much conclude that such words are overly dressed metaphors.

i doubt if most NKoreans beleive that crap. they say it, but just for the heck of it.

edit:

axis of evil comment came early this year, namely around February during state of the union address. by that time, Convoy of Senator(?) Kelly already had information that NK was capable of dev-ing 2-3 nukes. and NK admitted to that later.

so axis of evil did not piss NK off, but gave NK something to blab about.