JohnKalo

Video Media Troubles

So after some events I have decided to enhance the intros in our MP WIP campaign. Due to that I need to play a video at the start of the mission. Trying this one did nothing:

["NameOfVideo.ogv", [10, 10]] remoteExec ["BIS_fnc_playVideo", [0,-2] select isDedicated, false];

trying the later showed the video nicely but not in fullscreen mode:

["NameOfVideo.ogv", [10, 10]] remoteExec ["BIS_fnc_titlecard", [0,-2] select isDedicated, false];

I tried changing the 640x560 resolution of the video and nothing changed. I came to the point where I changed whatever number I could find but still no full-screen.

So is it possible to have the video in full-screen somehow? In the showcase there are missions showing images in full-screen so there should be something for the videos too.

Plus with the BIS_fnc_titlecard function I would like to have a black screen after the video ends and not the first person view of the player.  I tried the titleCut BLACK effect but nope, did not work. Is that possible too?

lol You could "cheat" it

diableUser input, use the large User Texture and some clever camera angles and play the video on the screen, fade to black as you want, ENABLE userInput and continue on.

Just a thought. I could put a quick demo for you if you need.

EDIT:

Also, just found this post: 

Edited by XianGrim

@XianGrim Thanks! A clever idea indeed. Although I will have to make sure the video is shown to the players. I mean if you do not get close to a screen sometimes the images do not show so the videos should be about the same. I had found that thread but when I fill my screen with the video, in another screen with another resolution, will it there also be full-screen?