Hello there!

I've been working the entire day and just came up with a new idea about an hour ago. I'm having problems reight now in gettin the "correct" item.

My Goal is the following: I have stetup an array, which contains weapons, Alternative version of weapons and ultimatively the chance by using this: ["SomeWeapon",["WeaponSKin1","Weaponskin2"],70]

Now, the problem is the following, im creating a random number the "general" chance. If the Chance of the weapon is lower, it gets added to an array. Creating a big array with all the weapons with a >70% spawnrate. Now I want to select only the weapon with the highest chance and cant seem to get it. I feel like im pretty close but can't figure it out right now (should take a break sometime soon ;) ).

Anyway, thats what I have gotten so far:

_chance = 100;
_array = [];
_selectedWeapon = "";

_pistol = [["hgun_ACPC2_snds_F",["hgun_ACPC2_snds_F"],70],["hgun_Pistol_heavy_01_F",[""],5],["arifle_MXC_Black_F",["arifle_MX_khk_F","arifle_MX_F"],35]];
_weapon = _pistol call BIS_fnc_SelectRandom select 0; 
{
if (_chance <= _x select 2) then {_chance = _x select 2; _array = _array + [[_x select 0,_x select 1]]; _selectedWeapon = _array select ((count _array) - 1);};
sleep 1;
hint format ["%1\n%2",_array, _selectedWeapon];
} foreach _pistol;

Getting the alternate versions isnt big of the porblem, im currently just stuck with selecting the weapon with the highest chance blew the "general chance".

Thanks in Advance,

CP~

As an aside:

BIS_fnc_selectRandom

Description:

Selects one of the arguments at random. There is now a dedicated script command selectRandom, use that instead.

And on the selectRandom page you'll see a little something called selectRandomWeighted.

• Thanks 1

On 10.10.2018 at 1:24 AM, Harzach said:

As an aside:

And on the selectRandom page you'll see a little something called selectRandomWeighted.

Now, since i got it working so far, im wondering how that "weightet" system works. If we have for an example a value of 35 and a second value of lets say 1, how would the Chance be calculated? Would the 1% be 1/36?

Thanks for helping me out, got a thanks from me!

~CP

1 hour ago, CreativeProduct said:

Now, since i got it working so far, im wondering how that "weightet" system works. If we have for an example a value of 35 and a second value of lets say 1, how would the Chance be calculated? Would the 1% be 1/36?

Thanks for helping me out, got a thanks from me!

~CP

35? Try reading the wiki entry.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

35? Try reading the wiki entry.

Cheers

I would have never thought about reading the wiki!

Thanks a lot!

Cheers.