maxl30

CSAT Member Countrys

This Topic deals with the Member Countrys of the Canton Protocol Strategic Alliance Treaty (CSAT).

We know that Iran, (unknown) North African Countrys, China, indirectly Russia and Belarus are fix members of CSAT.

csat_flag.jpg

Iran, because the Champaign says that the Gryffin Regiment of CSAT on Altis and Stratis comes from Iran.

arma3_screenshot_21.jpg

Unknown North African Countrys, because the Scimitar Regiment of CSAT on Malden comes from North African Countrys.

China, because the Apex Protocol says that the unknown Regiment of CSAT (under command of Xu Haifeng) near Tanoa comes from China.

arma3_apex_screenshot_10.jpg

Possibly Russia, because the most equipment of CSAT Military is made in Russia and another interesting point is that the standart uniform of Raven Security (PMC) is the CSAT standart Uniform.

I personally think that no extern Company who had the task to safe CSAT facilities on Altis and Stratis became the unique military uniform (with a special exoskeleton) of CSAT, it wouldnt make any sense.

And because the former USSR (after the milenium possibly Russia) successfully invade Malden.

The campaign of the Contact DLC prove it indirectly.

"Meanwhile, the Russian Spetsnaz operators wear a new lightweight two-tone suit, a durable helmet based on CSAT design, and a chest rig which sports a cross-drawn chest holder for sidearms."

Russian_Spetsnaz.png

ss_eba07476bc861ea5c4119c6fcccdcc710ccef

LtQzNHV.png

arma3_dlc_helicopters_screenshot_03.jpgarma3_dlc_tanks_screenshot_01.jpg

arma3_screenshot_36.jpg

arma3_screenshot_35.jpg

"The To-201 Shikra is a fifth-generation, single-seat, twin-engine, all-weather tactical fighter jet. The aircraft was designed by a CSAT and Russian joint syndicate with the goal to build a highly agile and maneuverable air-superiority fighter. The To-201 also has ground attack capabilities, and is able to support various weapons configurations via its conventional pylons, but also its internal weapons bay."

arma3_jetsdlc_screenshot_05.jpg

Belarus because the campaign of the Contact DLC prove the membership of CSAT.

"This landlocked NATO member state shares borders with four other nations, including the Russian exclave Kaliningrad and CSAT partner Belarus, which inherently makes it a place of great geo-strategic importance."

ss_4738f86ea2139e9980e4d2afb8cef0236cc3c

Sources:

https://arma3.com/features/factions

https://arma3.com/buy

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1021790/Arma_3_Contact/

https://arma3.com/contact

• Like 3

Excellent analysis, i always wanted to know more about backstory of ArmA Verse. Someone should create an "expanded universe of ArmA" :f:

• Like 2

On 10/10/2018 at 1:34 PM, pipewr3nch said:

It has already been stated that Russia is not part of CSAT.

Where does that stand and who write/say that ?

Pretty sure that's devs who've stated that - though can't remember where. I prefer it that way to be honest, since it makes the Armaverse more complicated than a simple two sided conflict.

Although it's unlikely we'll see it in Arma 3, it would be interesting to see tension between Russia and CSAT with NATO units in the middle.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2019 at 9:32 PM, maxl30 said:

Where does that stand and who write/say that ?

In the To-201 Shikra's field manual it mentions CSAT and Russia separately, implying they are not together.

• Like 1

But maybe is Russia a observer of the CSAT membership or a ally.

I mean China is a part of the CSAT and they had also joint development projects like the Xi'an.

And whats with malden ?

Malden was suecessfully invaded by the Soviet Union, the following country after the 90s or milenium was Russia, and we all know that Kaliningrad and as example the big Naval Port on the Krimea was still used from Russia, so how can it be that a by Russia holded island come into the hemisphere of CSAT ?

• Like 1

My guess is that Russia is a main member of CSAT because Malden.

The Russians wouldnt give a so strategic important point like Malden out of thier hands, wouldnt make any sense.

I also think that the Chinese are on Malden because they have there a military base in Europe (on a very important island for the international economy), like in real life where they buyed in a country a military habour for some million dollars and because some broken deals for 99 years.

So far as i know the North African CSAT troops are a united troop of some small North African countrys, i gues they use Malden as a training and drill camp, the US troops use it for the same in the past.

And the Russians safe here money while other CSAT troops use and defend here small island.

• Like 1

This topic gently slides to some real politics we don't care in Arma.

• Like 2

On 15. März 2019 at 7:02 PM, pierremgi said:

This topic gently slides to some real politics we don't care in Arma.

Because i write who hold in the real armaverse Malden ?

My intension wasnt to slide into real world politics, i only want to remember that Russia musst be in CSAT, anything else simply wouldnt make any sense.

The other is, after the last infantry mission of Stepping Stone was the commander saying, that other CSAT countrys are in controverses about who are in war with NATO and who not, maybe a intimation of a third CSAT fraction ?

I mean China wasnt involved in any fight, only the North Africans (who later surrender).

So why are they in controverses about who is with NATO in war and who not ?

And i have another question, what is with a consistent language within the CSAT, the most equipment have russia or chinese letters (more russia than chinese) ?

I would hazard to guess that Brazil, India, and South Africa may be in CSAT or at least partners in the same fashion as Russia.  it appears that CSAT is partially inspired by BRICS since in the intro to East Wind we see a news report comparing the CSAT symbol to the Euro, Pound, and US Dollar - so I think that a key part of CSAT is an economic union of some sort.

• Like 2

I don't think Russia is in CSAT. Not directly at least. That they modified CSAT gear doesnt mean it is in CSAT and also there were joint developement projects on jets already.

And one thing, it is spelled countries, if talking about more than one

Good sirs! I do believe the question on CSAT membership will be answered on July 15... 2039. 😎

Spoiler

Russian President Nika Grekova issued a surprise statement yesterday, citing July 15th as the date for a vote over membership to the Canton Protocol Strategic Alliance Treaty. If successful, accession talks could begin late next year. “This is an age of radical change,” the President said. “We see the European Union crumbling, America’s economy failing, the old order of things being swept away. [...] We have no interest in reigniting Cold War tensions. Rather, we are searching out opportunities to redistribute the heavy responsibility, now resting on our shoulders.”     

Hans Brecht, NATO’s Supreme Allied Commander in Europe, responded by saying the ‘hour glass had turned’ and that the West’s sphere of influence would rapidly contract if Russia came into CSAT’s fold.       

“For far too long we’ve been relying on the cunning monkey approach, waiting in a tree for the bear and tiger to fight it out and exhaust themselves. But time’s healed these animosities and now, we‘re stuck. The next 50 years will be about survival. Defending interests both militarily and economically. It’s a situation we have feared, with no good course of action. ”     Russia received its invitation to become a CSAT member state in 2035, but delayed a formal response until an investigation could be made into the ‘Apex Protocol Papers’, which  almost led to the bloc fragmenting from within.     

Commenting on conclusions of the review, Russian Foreign Minister Poda Makarovich acknowledged there were ‘concerns’ regarding CSAT’s methodology, but added its soft power expansionism should not be viewed out of context. “Let’s not forget how our Western friends reneged on promises made before the Warsaw Pact’s dissolution,” he told a reporter from AAN.     “NATO gave us assurances once. The German border was a line in the sand. And yet that line has crept slowly eastwards. An arc of instability has arisen from the Green Sea to the Middle East. There are even US soldiers, conducting war games along our borders. I think it is fair to say, attraction and co-option are not [Continued on Page 7].

Newspaper.thumb.png.6de36f824f66d2eae40a64feb2d6dd62.png

• Like 6

And also, though it's not official or particularly canonical, here's a sketch from Tac-Ops' Stepping Stone campaign. Malden's Scimitar Regiment is composed of French-speaking troops from the CSAT member state of Argana.  

Malden.png.bd6dfed179bee2219fc85586cea05798.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One thing I didn't see mentioned is that Russia may or may not be part of CSAT, but is most likely supplying tactical support/training/COIN to the Altian civil war.  During the Exit Strategy mission where Kerry is hired either to attack the base or lure in a helicopter, and you choose the helicopter, Orestes contacts CSAT command.  The operator speaks with a heavy Slavic accent as well as speaks directly in a Slavic language over an open mic while conferring with his superiors and coordinating the dispatch.  While the thick Slavic accent could be passed off as just a lone Chernarussian operator/mercenary/civilian working with CSAT, the fact that he then turns to talk to someone else and speaks directly in a Slavic language suggests that at least a few Russians are operating either covertly or overtly with CSAT.

It's also possible this fellow is Belarussian rather than Russian, though.

Speaking of Belarus, there are actually two equally valid interpretations of "[Livonia shares a border] with CSAT partner Belarus":

1) Livonia is partnered with Belarus, which is a CSAT member nation.

2) Belarus is a partner of CSAT, but not necessarily a member nation.

I think the second one makes a little more sense, since Livonia is not demonstrably allied or partnered with Belarus -- if anything, they're cool to them because they call in NATO for assistance instead.  Russia simply invades Livonia, though to intervene rather than expand.

• Like 1

Yes, the boots on the ground were Iranian.  Operator support, on the other hand... try the mission again. 😉

Argana troops ....... that speak french..... the location is between Mauritania and Senegal..... No one has already build the faction?  we can use the middle east and africans characters. The syndiakat camo remembered a french lizard camo....... Nice idea to build a Argana terrain with Tanoa buildings or remade Nogova positioning  close to Canary islands but more dry climate.

901A23E99DBCEF95C9D50815CCE5000127C0E686

• Like 2

There's a canon-friendly Scimitar Regiment in Aegis mod (canon-friendly meaning they are more-less equipped identically to Scimitar units in Tac-Ops).

On 12/12/2019 at 6:04 PM, jtgibson said:

During the Exit Strategy mission where Kerry is hired either to attack the base or lure in a helicopter, and you choose the helicopter, Orestes contacts CSAT command.  The operator speaks with a heavy Slavic accent as well as speaks directly in a Slavic language over an open mic while conferring with his superiors and coordinating the dispatch.

I'm pretty sure it's Persian language. I mean - I don't know Persian, but I speak Polish my whole life, and learned a tiny bit Russian, and for the love of God I have no idea what that guy was talking about. Heck, he could have just ordered pizza for what I know!

However it's obvious that at some early development stage Russians were quite CSAT-friendly - whole CSAT is equipped by them, and IIRC there are some remains of Russian PMC in game files (in a way predicting real-life RF-Iran rapprochement in effect of Syrian civil war). But it was changed into Russian Federation being neutral, probably because now it's not politically correct to not like Russians. Kinda makes you wish for a non-PC version of A3 where there's Greece instead of AAF (or Poland instead of LDF), and Russia-Iran-Turkey-China alliance (with Turkey leaving NATO once and for all) decide it's time to deal with their issues. Culminating with a series of smaller scale conflicts which are waged against NATO inability to act.

• Like 1