HUEY222

Black circle and dot appear when flying Pawnee

Hello

About 4 weeks ago a black circle with a dot in it appeared on my screen. At first, I actually thought one of my sons had taken a ‘Sharpie’ to my monitor but then the circle and dot moved around my screen as I changed the direction of the helicopter.

This black dot and circle only appear when flying the Pawnee and it appears behind the aiming cross hairs. It does not appear when flying any of the other helicopters or at any other time. Just when. Flying the Pawnee.

SEE PICTURES HERE (cut and paste link): https://fraserwarren.imgur.com/all/?third_party=1

In the last 4 weeks I have tried everything I can think off to get rid of it but no luck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice, but the circle and dot keep coming back.

I have attached some pictures, so you can see it.

I actually bought Arma3 to fly the Pawnee. I have no idea where this black circle and dot came from, but it is killing my enjoyment of the game. If anyone out there could help show me how to get rid of this thing I would be very grateful indeed.

Fraser

It's the pilot taking a marker to the windshield of the pawnee and marking out a 'reticle'.  It appears to be moving because your head is moving relative to the windshield.  And seeing how the pawnee and hummingbird have the same model you see this 'reticle' in the transport version as well and not only in the attack version.

Readers from the future...

Since ArmA 3 v1.90, it is possible to remove the "aiming_dot" from the AH-9 Pawnee using:

this setObjectTextureGlobal [1, ""];