I´m having an idea. In Arma (in game) i wanna make a tablet, and with this tablet i could take a picture, view it, and send to another unit that are in possesion of a similar tablet.

Problem is, i only have a little coding experience in pyhton, so i'm shooting from the hib in reguards to the execution of this project.

I'm thinking this would be possible by making a script that can take a picture in-game, Convert said picture to pbo, Store it in your profile folder, And finally transfer this through the in-game connection to the intended unit(player) with similar tablet and store picture in his local system thereby making it accessable to him.

Q: Is it possible to import pbo's while in-game?

Q: Is it even possible to transer information like pictures while in-game??

Q: Does this sound plain stupid???

• I don't think it's possible to import pbos while in-game as it'd mean modifying a processus while it's running.
  • You can transfer informations like live videos (picture-in-picture (PiP)) or text messages (stored in the mission namespace), but I've never heard of transfering pictures.
  • This doesn't sound plain stupid, though it sounds quite hard to do and you'll need more than a "little coding experience in pyhton" to do this as arma is coded in C++.

EDIT: I know some modders found a way to display youtube videos in arma3 on the fly (= access medias from the web), the only thing you'd then need to do is to find a way to take and export picutures to a web server with arma.

• Like 1

On 6.10.2018 at 4:34 PM, Gunny92 said:

Q: Is it possible to import pbo's while in-game?

Technically everything is possible. But let's say no. Atleast with little coding experience in python that's impossible for you.

On 6.10.2018 at 4:34 PM, Gunny92 said:

Q: Is it even possible to transer information like pictures while in-game??

Yes. If you have -filePatching active, you can load files directly from the Arma directory. But not sure how well that's going to work with pictures.

filePatching needs to be allowed on the server though, and it allows everyone to essentially overwrite any scripts they want and cheat on your server however they like.