EO

Ravaged and Frithified Gear

Inspired by Ravage and Friths Ruin...

QZdeQZd.jpg

...a selection of retextured backpacks, vests, facewear and headgear to enhance your post-apocalyptic survival experience.

Includes a Civilian Expansion:
22 unique civilians created using a mixture of Ravaged and Frithified gear plus vanilla assets.
They can be found in Eden under the Civilian tab > EO Civilian Expansion.

Basic hand held Flashlight.
Flashlight usage: Equip from the sidearm slot, press L for light

Weathered Dome Tents.
The tents are configured to act as an inventory object capable of storing a realistic chunk of loot, or they can be used as a simple object via the special states attributes.
Each tent is configured to spawn with a couple of useful inventory items.
They can be found in Eden under Things>Camping.

Tattered and torn flags.
Flags can be placed straight from the Editor:  Props>Signs>Flags
Flags can also be attached to the majority of vanilla A3 and community made vehicles/units by adding the one of the following codes to the vehicles/units init field:

More information about forceFlagTexture can be found here:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/forceFlagTexture

Supply Box that contains all Ravaged and Frithified Gear.

Retextured CBRN Suits. (optional pbo) (Requires Contact DLC)

Zodiac Backpack. (Assemble/Dissemble the Zodiac boat from the backpack)

Tent Backpacks. (Assemble/Dissemble a tent with an Inventory from the backpack)

Screenshots, more screenshots...even more screenshots.

Classnames

Download: Steam

Credits:

Haleks for creating Ravage, and also being an inspiration for all my ARMA 3 content.
Lordfrith for creating the work of art that is Frith's Ruin.

This work is licensed under:

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Congrats on the release EO. Your stuff looks great (or should that be, it looks shabby and post apocalyptic :icon_biggrin: )

I'll DL these guys straight away. I feel a post apoc photo op for the photography thread coming.

• Thanks 1

No Armaholic nor dropbox or gdrive mirrors? Kudos for the release, thou, it will improve a lot the customization on plain vanilla missions (on ravage, of course) =)

Cheers

• Thanks 1

On 06/10/2018 at 5:29 AM, corporal_lib[br] said:

No Armaholic nor dropbox or gdrive mirrors?

I've informed Foxhound of the release so an Armaholic mirror may follow. :f:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratz EO!

Having seen those first hand, I can say they're top quality!

• Like 2

A little clarification:

Although this pack of retextures have been included in the latest version of Ravage (v161), this is a standalone version for the wider community to use.

The version that has been included with Ravage have their own unique set of classnames/pbo's, as does this standalone version, so there is no risk of errors if you happen to load Ravage and Ravaged and Frithified Gear together.

For example in the Virtual Arsenal if you ran both mods together you will find the same set of retextures but with different names/icons for each individual asset.

• Like 2

Genuinely wasn't sure how well this would be received, but a fair few folk seem to like the pack, so I'll continue to work on it from time to time.

Messenger Bags...

OqQXHdG.jpg

I'm currently trying to, unsuccessfully, modify the config to add some Facewear items to either the Headgear slot or the NVG slot.....DRIVING ME CRAZY!

• Like 5

20 hours ago, EO said:

I'm currently trying to, unsuccessfully, modify the config to add some Facewear items to either the Headgear slot or the NVG slot.....DRIVING ME CRAZY!

Do you have a config sample we could look at?

Also, I'm thinking objects used as multiple gear pieces probably need multiple memory points in order to be placed correctly on a unit - don't take my word for granted though.

Edit : both the MGSR and the IFA3 mods have that kind of multi-use items. I reckon either @.kju or @rebelvg could give you some advice.

• Thanks 1

Contact me in discord if you need support

• Thanks 1

Beautiful man.  Gonna have to work these bad-asses into my next mission.  Thanks!

• Like 1

On 22.10.2018 at 10:23 PM, EO said:

I feel you. As I've got an even worse challenge: trying to convert an asset of facewear+vest+uniform+headgear into "clothing", so it doesn't take the actual slot apart from clothing, but still represents the character I want to create.
Your assets are badass

On 22/10/2018 at 8:23 PM, EO said:

The Unsung Mod have some clothing items in the facewear slots so that may help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still bashing away with these messenger bags...                                                                                                                                                                                                :hammer:

b2ZpuHA.jpg

lIGqYMc.jpg

jSgapmj.jpg

...should be added to the pack very soon. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Giving some unused CTRG textures the Ravaged and Frithified treatment, there will be 3 variants, rolled, unrolled and a t-shirt...   

WTzaDiO.jpg

oJ8WcGg.jpg

...let the config nightmares begin. :razz:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EO said:

...let the config nightmares begin. :razz:

Quick tips : you need 2 configs per uniform, one weapons (for the item/weaponHolder) and one vehicles for the uniform itself when it's being worn.

Example from Ravage :

cfgWeapons

class U_BG_Guerilla1_1;
class U_BG_Guerilla1_1_rvg : U_BG_Guerilla1_1 {
	author = "Haleks";
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "Guerilla Garment (brown)";
	class ItemInfo: UniformItem {
		containerclass = "Supply30";
		mass = 30;
		uniformClass = "B_G_Soldier_F_1_rvg";
		uniformmodel = "-";
	};
};

cfgVehicles

class B_G_Soldier_F_1_rvg : B_G_Soldier_F {
	hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1","camo2"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\A3\Characters_F_Bootcamp\Guerrilla\Data\c_cloth1_kabeiroi_co.paa","\A3\Characters_F_Exp\Syndikat\Data\U_I_C_Soldier_Para_4_F_2_co.paa"};
	uniformClass = "U_BG_Guerilla1_1_rvg";
};

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much mate, this really saves me a whole lot of heartache and head scratching. ^^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EO said:

Thanks so much mate, this really saves me a whole lot of heartache and head scratching. ^^

If you have questions for config work for retextures I have some knowledge about it as well. Feel free to ask!

• Thanks 1

Thanks Corky! I'll drop you a PM if I run into any difficulty, however Haleks example might just get these uniforms over the line....man, this is one damn fine community.

• Thanks 1

@haleks, your config example is working just fine, so thanks again man!!....so now i'd like to add in a few more uniforms before I update the mod. :rthumb:

Spoiler

Xm2vtPd.jpg

OcI5LjV.jpg

OQzp74J.jpg

• Like 4

Ravaged and Frithified Gear has received a small update which includes Messenger Bags, Construction Helmets and Ear Protectors...

ngkdRv1.jpg

qip0Dv7.jpg

GySLcON.jpg

5Hy0ADX.jpg

FT3u1Gl.jpg

H3SrBgx.jpg

zoeJEaC.jpg

:rthumb:

• Like 5

Next update will include some uniforms...

JG8qqyc.jpg

...coming soon. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 6