avibird 1

Need help making a trigger spawn group join an editor placed group and not the lead unit in that group.

hello I have a little issue that I need help with. 

I have a few buildings in this mission that have groups of 2-3 units in each building with triggers setup to spawn other units inside the buildings. The original groups have a waypoint set for sentry with this code [SHC1,SHC2,SHC3,SHC4,SHC5,SHC6,SHC7,SHC8,SHC9,SHC10,SHC11,SHC12,SHG2,SHG3,SHG4,SHG5,SHG6,SHG7,SHG8,SHG9,SHG10,SHG11,SHG12] join SHG1;  When an enemy unit gets within certain distance the other units in the buildings will spawn when the original units in the group spot the enemy units the above code kicks in and the new spawn units will join the group and form a large group and start moving into a group formation once the original group sentry waypoint is activated the second waypoint comes into play its a move waypoint with this code (group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["3","MOVE"], false]; This will give the new large group  coming out of the building generated waypoints within the set zone using GAIA standalone script works great to simulate a group coming out of building following an attack.

The issue I have is sometimes the leader of the original group (SHG1) will get killed before the second waypoint with the patrol script (GAIA) kicks in and the new building group will never be joined together. If the second waypoint gets completed then the second man in the group will take the lead and the new group will work. My question how can I get the spawned second group to join the  original group and not just the lead unit ( named SHG1). The original group name is Station House Guards with the first unit name SHG1.

How can I get the spawned units to join the group rather than the first unit in the group to prevent the issue if the first unit gets killed before the second waypoint gets activated and the new group starts to use GAIA for waypoints.

A unit joins a group, not a leader. Give name to your group.

Use punctuation like point and comma. It's difficult to read you without breathlessness.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Use punctuation like point and comma. It's difficult to read you without breathlessness.

Yes, Miss. Sorry, Miss. Won't happen again, Miss. :rofl::rofl:

3 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

hello I have a little issue that I need help with. 

I have a few buildings in this mission that have groups of 2-3 units in each building with triggers setup to spawn other units inside the buildings. The original groups have a waypoint set for sentry with this code [SHC1,SHC2,SHC3,SHC4,SHC5,SHC6,SHC7,SHC8,SHC9,SHC10,SHC11,SHC12,SHG2,SHG3,SHG4,SHG5,SHG6,SHG7,SHG8,SHG9,SHG10,SHG11,SHG12] join SHG1;  When an enemy unit gets within certain distance the other units in the buildings will spawn when the original units in the group spot the enemy units the above code kicks in and the new spawn units will join the group and form a large group and start moving into a group formation once the original group sentry waypoint is activated the second waypoint comes into play its a move waypoint with this code (group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["3","MOVE"], false]; This will give the new large group  coming out of the building generated waypoints within the set zone using GAIA standalone script works great to simulate a group coming out of building following an attack.

The issue I have is sometimes the leader of the original group (SHG1) will get killed before the second waypoint with the patrol script (GAIA) kicks in and the new building group will never be joined together. If the second waypoint gets completed then the second man in the group will take the lead and the new group will work. My question how can I get the spawned second group to join the  original group and not just the lead unit ( named SHG1). The original group name is Station House Guards with the first unit name SHG1.

How can I get the spawned units to join the group rather than the first unit in the group to prevent the issue if the first unit gets killed before the second waypoint gets activated and the new group starts to use GAIA for waypoints.

But serious... Please do what @pierremgi suggested. The font colours as well. Use code/quote tags as well where appropriate.

Joins the community to learn SQF... Gets tought English instead. LOL hehe :happy:

{
	[_x] joinSilent newGroupName;
} forEach units groupName;

• Like 1