just curious, with the the release of the Global Mobilization DLC and its variety of german structures, is there any chance of those replacing the legacy MBG houses from A2?

That would then put the map behind a paywall would it not? You'd have to own GM in order to use Rosche.
While I own GM, half of my unit do not, which would take this incredible map out of the list of maps I could use for missions 

On 6/18/2019 at 11:11 PM, JD Wang said:

You'd have to own GM in order to use Rosche.

Weferlingen*

Yes, same as with Apex you need to own to use map.

10 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Weferlingen*

Yes, same as with Apex you need to own to use map.

It is correct the way JD Wang said it. Unlike the official DLC the GM terrain assets are not available to all players. That means you have to own GM to play on costum terrains that use GM structures.

38 minutes ago, lumnuon said:

It is correct the way JD Wang said it. Unlike the official DLC the GM terrain assets are not available to all players. That means you have to own GM to play on costum terrains that use GM structures.

For now yes. Apparently there is a plan to make it behave the same way as Apex and other DLCs. I hope it happens.

7 hours ago, lumnuon said:

It is correct the way JD Wang said it.

Oops. Didn't know which thread I was in 😄

• Like 1

Tested the map recently with a survival scenario and liked it very much, thumbs up! 

Same here; I've built my very own perfect "What if tomorrow the Apocalypse happens in Germany" Mission!:icon_dj:

I noted however a problem with running the map on a dedicated server since the last update which exists even when playing a super simple mission with just 1 vanilla unit placed and NO scripts or anything.  Basically I can run everything on Rosche just fine in SP, even my above mentioned heavily scripted & addon-packed mission -  but on my dedicated server (rented from a company, not running on the same PC like my client XD) I always get an error message that throws me out of the mission loading bar and back to the first selection interface where you pick the map and thus I can't start any mission on Rosche on a dedicated server. 

This is the message:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.WL_Rosche'.

RPT's follow here as a dropbox file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxfichifpn957l9/rosche crash on dedi server.7z?dl=0

I checked the same mission with and without the -autoinit parameter which usually helps a bit if something is wrong with the scripting in a mission - but remember this mission has no scripts running whatsoever. Hope you find anything useful in the logs; lemme know if you need additional info/testing.

11 hours ago, tourist said:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.WL_Rosche'.

sounds like you didnt load/start rosche on the dedicated server.

@nomisum nope; I DO run it & before the last update of ARMA I had missions on Rosche working on the dedi.

V2.0 released
- Replaced almost all vegetation with Livonia vegetation.
- Replaced appropriate CUP buildings with Livionia ones.
- Replaced MBG buildings with models made by lancer.
- Changed over lighting config to Livonia settings
- Removed MBG buildings 3 dependency.

If you find any bugs such as misplaced objects, please feel free to leave a bug report HERE.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Sky is looking way too dark and also while flying there  is always mist around. Other than that good job!

Hi here !

From your last post @Haggerty, it seems that you removed dependencies on MBG buildings, but dependencies on MBG buildings are listed on the first post. Do you confirm that there are no more dependencies with MBG buildings (and that the first post needs to be updated) ?

Thank you for the great job ! 

On 9/10/2020 at 1:32 AM, tanin69 said:

Hi here !

From your last post @Haggerty, it seems that you removed dependencies on MBG buildings, but dependencies on MBG buildings are listed on the first post. Do you confirm that there are no more dependencies with MBG buildings (and that the first post needs to be updated) ?

Thank you for the great job ! 

Hi @tanin69 sorry for the late response, but yes Rosche no longer requires MBG Buildings as Lancer went ahead and made his own buildings.

Would it be possible or better asked is there a plan to update the Rosche Source to be on pair with 2.0 changes? Or is it intended to be an older state?

does anyone know a way to fix the LOD error of some trees when aiming through high powered optics?

When running moderately long object view distances, the wheat fields and sugar beet fields completely wreck my framerate. Those plants seem to behave like trees and are rendered to the max object view distance, which is a weird decision...

Is there a way to make those plants behave like grass, or has anyone a different idea how to lessen the impact on framerate from those fields? I used hideobject to simply get rid of the plants, but that does not look good obviously.

The rest of the map seems to be well optimized, so it's especially unfortunate that those fields come with such a big overhead.