Awesome work, reminds me a lot of my old favourite map in Armed Assault, Schmalfelden. Quick video below with some firefights in the terrain, cheers.

• Like 3

Congratulations on the release! Will definitely be checking this out in the future. 

On 03/10/2018 at 12:34 PM, jeza said:

Awesome work, reminds me a lot of my old favourite map in Armed Assault, Schmalfelden. Quick video below with some firefights in the terrain, cheers.

Schmalfelden... @jeza, I had almost overcome the pain of not seeing this in A2 and A3 and now you have reopened the wounds. 

:down:

No, Rosche is amazing, even though it reminds me a bit more of Celle.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sanya said:

The wheat upturns vehicles: video about it

And pushes a pedestrian.

It could be probably tweaked/fixed by decreasing armor in p3d geometry properties & increasing explosionShielding. At least vanilla bushes/trees required such treatment after Tank DLC update

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I'm going to have a look at that this weekend. If I cant definitively fix it I'll offer another version of hag_objects with wheat and corn not being able to be run over. 

• Thanks 2

I have an interim fix for the wheat until I can figure out a good value for the armor and explosion shielding (that doesn't destroy frames when hit with a howitzer round). With the current fix no vehicles should flip over at the expense of (non mounted) AI path finding through the wheat. AI in vehicles will continue to drive through it with no problem though. I also went ahead and fixed some warnings that were popping up in the RPT about secondary UV sets. Lancer should be pushing an update within the coming days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pushed V1.1 on steam

- Fixed misplaced objects
- Fixed fast flying clouds
- Edited wheat so it should no longer flip vehicles and will not stop you when you run through it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Your welcome man!

V1.11 hotfix of sorts -

- Fixed floating bridge pillars, I hate them, they do this randomly

• Like 3

hello, i'm trying to make a pullRequest for ace3, in order to cut a fence on rosche.

what is the classname of this fence:

"plot_green_draty.p3d"?

On 10.11.2018 at 10:57 PM, madpat3 said:

pullRequest for ace3, in order to cut a fence on rosche

You don't need the classname.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/e2ac18a05d5f646bc7cbc043bcc148fde4c0f5dd/addons/logistics_wirecutter/script_component.hpp#L21

In fact, if you wanted to push it into ACE by basing it on the classname. You'd have to add Rosche as a dependency to ACE. That won't work out.

The compatibility should be done in Rosche itself by adding the "ace_logistics_wirecutter_isFence" entry to the CfgVehicles class of the fence (if one exists)

• Like 2

Really cool map, the German countryside is quite wunderbar!

May i suggest some more bird ambience...

Spoiler

class AmbientA3
		{
			maxCost=500;
			class Radius440_500
			{
				areaSpawnRadius=70;
				areaMaxRadius=200;
				spawnCircleRadius=30;
				spawnInterval=4.6999998;
				class Species
				{
					class Eagle_F
					{
						maxCircleCount="((1 - night) * 2 * (1 - (WaterDepth interpolate [1,30,0,1])) + (2 * (hills))) * (1 - night) * (1-rain)";
						maxWorldCount=1;
						cost=3;
						spawnCount=1;
						groupSpawnRadius=10;
						maxAlt=30;
						minAlt=-20;
					};
					class Crowe
					{
						maxCircleCount="((1 - night) * 2 * (1 - (WaterDepth interpolate [1,30,0,1])) + (2 * (hills))) * (1 - night) * (1-rain)";
						maxWorldCount=2;
						cost=3;
						spawnCount=1;
						groupSpawnRadius=10;
						maxAlt=20;
						minAlt=-10;
					};
				};
			};
		};

...alternatively i'd be happy to upload an Ambient Birds for Rosche. :don13: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@madpat3 & @Dedmen  In regards to cutting down that fence, I have no idea what the classname for it is. All I reference is the p3d when building the terrain. But that specific fence is from CUP in the arma 2 ported assets. And as far as I know there is no CfgVehicles file for terrains to incorporate, I do believe that is on the CUP side where the asset came from.

@EO I am definitely going to look into that. I'm just not sure when I'm going to get to it. But if you want to in the meantime, go ahead and make an ambient birds version for rosche.

• Like 3

On 21/11/2018 at 8:15 PM, WA Lancer said:

But if you want to in the meantime, go ahead and make an ambient birds version for rosche.

Ambient Birds for Rosche:rthumb:

• Thanks 5

Made with love for one of my favourite terrains...

40MiS02.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

sorry for dinging up an old topic, but this map will go perfect with the new DLC that coming

• Like 5

Where can I send you information about a monetized Life server which uses your great map for their profit?

@B.Miller Rosche is an open source map, we do not prohibit the re-uploading of it as we do not have the time to DMCA or take any legal action against others. We also encourage others to use Rosche and Hag_objects as learning tools for future modders. This being said, we would rather focus our energy on other projects that Lancer or myself are working on. If you suspect they are breaking BI's policy on monetization rules, feel free to send "infringements@bistudio.com" an email. If you suspect they are illegally re-uploading others content feel free to contact the original authors. 

If you need to get in contact with us for any other reasons, feel free to leave a comment on the Rosche or Hag_objects steam page as I have notifications turned on for that. You can also find us on the official arma 3 discord, where you can PM us.

• Like 4