Sign in to follow this  
FriZY_SK

Change of loadout in consideration of role limits

Hello,

I am using BIS respawn menu in MP mission. I would like to have possibility  change  loadout (defined in description.ext) anytime in mission (not only after respawn). Actually I dont know how to check limits per roles which are already used.   Could you help me with this problem? Maybe someone already create such script or whole GUI for that.

Thanks 

13 minutes ago, FriZY_SK said:

I would like to have possibility  change  loadout (defined in description.ext) anytime in mission (not only after respawn)

You could place addActions on an object to call loadout scripts on the player, that's easy. I've never played around with loadouts defined in description.ext, so not sure how they can be accessed.

hmm, I am usig BIS respawn/inventory system. So, problem is which function and which attributes  I have to call. Definetly it is not easy task.

["open"] call BIS_fnc_showRespawnMenu function is not working this way.

no answer so, I tried to summarize my question once again...

HOW TO CHANGE LOADOUT OF PLAYER in consideration of:

• change has to be done during playing when player is alive (not in BIS respawn menu)
  • inventories are defined in description.ext (class CfgRespawnInventory)

• limits per role has to be kept

So, far I have issue with detecting selected respawn inventory. Command (2.) below returns empty array if I selected respawn inventory which was assigned diretly to object(1.). Inventories assigned to missionnamespace (3.) are OK. So, object has respawn inv from namespace and from object itself. Inventories assigned to directly to object/player are select-able in respawn menu.

1. [call compile playerSTR, "INV_Ofc"] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnInventory;
2. a6 getVariable ["BIS_RscRespawnControls_inventory",[]];
3. [missionNamespace, ["INV_MG",0,2]] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnInventory;

So, I can just check which uniq weapon/item have all players and count it ...create whole UI and so on..but it is stange to do it this way. 

So, if nobody here know how to handle it ....I will share my findings after reverse engineering of BIS functions

It seems to work fine for me.

GET LIMIT FROM missionnamespace

["get",[missionnamespace,<roleClassNewFromDescription.ext>,""]] call BIS_fnc_showRespawnMenuInventoryLimit;

UPDATE LIMIT for new role

["change",[missionnamespace,<roleClassSNewFromDescription.ext>,<inventoryClassNewFromDescription.ext>] + [-1]] call BIS_fnc_showRespawnMenuInventoryLimit;

UPDATE LIMIT for old role

["change",[missionnamespace,<roleClassOldFromDescription.ext>,<inventoryClassOldFromDescription.ext>] + [+1]] call BIS_fnc_showRespawnMenuInventoryLimit;

UPDATE variable on player

_fncData = [missionnamespace,<roleClassNewFromDescription.ext>,<inventoryClassNewFromDescription.ext>];
player setVariable ["BIS_RscRespawnControls_inventory", _fncData, true];

CHANGE INVENTORY

[player, <inventoryClassNewFromDescription.ext>] call bis_fnc_loadinventory;

GET INVENTORY NAME

getText (missionConfigFile >> "CfgRespawnInventory" >> <inventoryClassNewFromDescription.ext> >> "displayName");