Sign in to follow this  
ruger392

Missile Return to Search & Targeting Questions

So I've recently discovered the missile flight profile system and I was wondering if there's any way to dynamically switch between flight profiles. Specifically, I want to make a missile go back into LOAL mode and try to reacquire a target lock after it lost its first lock.

While I'm here, I figured I might ask a couple questions as well:

Is there any way to force a missile to lock onto something, or force it to lose its lock?

Is there any way to find a vehicle that is locking another one or vice versa? Ie, if player A in his Shikra locks player B in his Wipeout, can I get player A's target (the Wipeout) or get player B's attacker (the Shikra)?

EDIT: It looks like missiles, when given the autoSeekTarget property, automatically go back into LOAL mode after losing a lock. Now I'm having an issue where after passing a target, an air-to-air missile turns completely around (presumably looking for the target it missed). Is there any way to disable looking for last-known positions? I'd like the missile to just fly straight after missing a target, but still lock onto anything beyond its target or that wanders into its sensor range.

On 10/1/2018 at 1:51 PM, ruger392 said:

EDIT: It looks like missiles, when given the autoSeekTarget property, automatically go back into LOAL mode after losing a lock. Now I'm having an issue where after passing a target, an air-to-air missile turns completely around (presumably looking for the target it missed). Is there any way to disable looking for last-known positions? I'd like the missile to just fly straight after missing a target, but still lock onto anything beyond its target or that wanders into its sensor range.

currently something like that is possible if missile is recognized as a anti air one with airLock parameter above 0.